Nintendo Switch firmware update 16.0.0 released, Atmosphere update coming soon

saddsad.png

A new update is available! Nintendo has just released a firmware update for the Switch, bringing it to version 16.0.0. The patch notes are pretty sparse, only offering a single specific change, which merely replaces unusable nicknames with "???". There's also some general system stability improvements, which unsurprisingly break support for CFW. SciresM has announced that a compatability update for Atmosphere will be worked on as soon as possible.

Ver. 16.0.0 (Released February 20, 2023)​

• User nicknames that cannot be used will be replaced with “???” which can be updated from the profile settings.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

:arrow: Source

Jsolisdc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere worked fine for me with the new release. My issue was getting games to load, which was fixed by updating the sigpatches. Don’t know what caused that error page to appear.

Maybe try a fresh install by deleting all atmosphere related files and then installing the new release?

PS: obviously this will never happen, for obvious reasons, but it sure would be nice if Nintendo required you to accept and then confirm for a new system update to be installed. That way two button commands would be required, which would prevent accidental updates.
Yeah I'ma do that in a few mins I'm sure it's that cause it literally was lazy and transferred all the new stuff over via Hekate USB connected to my Android phone lol I'll do it from PC I think that's my issue I'll post update soon...

trippy86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i have a v1

i was removing some games from tinfoil, went to the main switch menu and my brain went into autopilot and i pressed update

now when launching atmosphere from hekate i get the fatal error message

can anyone please help me resolve this

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you just replaced old files with the new ones right!?
Post automatically merged:

After replacing old files with new ones....
View attachment 354977
Same issue, it is appears that ediZon overlay is broken and you have to delete 420000000007E51A folder if you want to continue with CFW for now, and wait for developers to update overlay.

I don't use patches, so I only need edizon overlay to use a cheat via Telsa menu.

Reactions: Jsolisdc

Jsolisdc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same issue, it is appears that ediZon overlay is broken and you have to delete 420000000007E51A folder if you want to continue with CFW for now, and wait for developers to update overlay.

I don't use patches, so I only need edizon overlay to use a cheat via Telsa menu.
I don't need that either how do I get rid of ediZon. Where can it be located. Thanks for your input. Standing by to try your advice. Thanks again

EDIT: deleted overlay. folder located under switch folder and I'm up and running. thanks funny things is i only opened ediZon 1 time that's all i don't even use it as i just modded the oled

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I don't need that either how do I get rid of ediZon. Where can it be located. Thanks for your input. Standing by to try your advice. Thanks again
Completely remove your atmosphere folder from your sd card, then install it freshly (don't add any themes/plugins etc). Then update the sigpatches. EVERY time there's an update, it's the exact same thing over and over again. Also you need to update fusee.bin.

Reactions: binkinator

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is under atmosphere > contents > 420000000007E51A (just delete this folder)

Edizon will works, but not Telsa overlay.

The developer acknowledge about issue with overlay after update.
https://github.com/proferabg/EdiZon-Overlay/issues/8

Reactions: Jsolisdc

Jsolisdc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Completely remove your atmosphere folder from your sd card, then install it freshly (don't add any themes/plugins etc). Then update the sigpatches. EVERY time there's an update, it's the exact same thing over and over again.
all i di was delete the overlay folder that was in my switch folder idk but its working tho
Post automatically merged:

It is under atmosphere > contents > 420000000007E51A (just delete this folder)

Edizon will works, but not Telsa overlay.

The developer acknowledge about issue with overlay after update.
https://github.com/proferabg/EdiZon-Overlay/issues/8
ill do that for safety precautions. thanks

gotcubed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue now when trying to boot into stock from hekate, getting HOS version not supported. Anyone know what I should do? I can boot into stock fine when auto rcm is disabled.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I'm having an issue now when trying to boot into stock from hekate, getting HOS version not supported. Anyone know what I should do? I can boot into stock fine when auto rcm is disabled.
Launch fusee payload from the payloads icon instead. (Make sure you update it)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Wholesome, welcome