Nintendo Switch firmware version 17.0.0 released

dsadslap.png

A new Nintendo Switch firmware has arrived. System software version 17.0.0 is now available to download. According to the official patch notes, there's not much of substance to the update, despite its new milestone version number; it's simply the traditional stability updates. It does, however, patch Atmosphere, with the CFW not working on the latest OFW. SciresM is currently working on support for 17.0.0, though a new update may be slightly delayed.

:arrow: Source

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Ravenhide23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why I fucking hate switch updates. I only have an xkw switch, so I need a modchip, which will be harder to put in the switch if I have it because I have to solder it. 17.0.0 for the switch is just like 11.17 for the 3DS.

If you've got a bit of money to spare, I got my OLED done for about $140 at the time. Looking at the website where I bought by installation service, the price has increased slightly to $129-$149, likely fluctuating depending on the version of the Switch you have. Even better, the shop I sent mine into now also provides a chip for an additional $19.99, which is far better than when I had to buy and provide my own chip for $70. This was almost a year ago though, around the time everyone was freaking out about that rumored $3 chip. I didn't feel like waiting for that $3 chip to actually hit the market though, so for me spending the $70 on a chip was worth it. Modchip was certainly worth the cost to buy and then install. I was terrified I would fuck something up if I tried soldering myself.
Post automatically merged:

Is the recommended path to everyone!
Except my Switch forced me to update before I could play any of my games, so at that point I was borked.

• Wow
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
If you've got a bit of money to spare, I got my OLED done for about $140 at the time. Looking at the website where I bought by installation service, the price has increased slightly to $129-$149, likely fluctuating depending on the version of the Switch you have. Even better, the shop I sent mine into now also provides a chip for an additional $19.99, which is far better than when I had to buy and provide my own chip for $70. This was almost a year ago though, around the time everyone was freaking out about that rumored $3 chip. I didn't feel like waiting for that $3 chip to actually hit the market though, so for me spending the $70 on a chip was worth it. Modchip was certainly worth the cost to buy and then install. I was terrified I would fuck something up if I tried soldering myself.
Post automatically merged:

Except my Switch forced me to update before I could play any of my games, so at that point I was borked.
So far no game needs Firmware 17, you can update to 16.0.1 anytime now because almost all homebrew is compatible with it.

soilxkirax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I updated my sysnand accidentally to this and now my Switch won't boot into sysnand. It goes to a black screen after the Nintendo logo. It does however go into CFW.

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
I updated my sysnand accidentally to this and now my Switch won't boot into sysnand. It goes to a black screen after the Nintendo logo. It does however go into CFW.
Try going OFW on Hekate instead of booting with sysnand.

As for changes, it looks like Nintendo is implementing platform ids. Usually, platform ids on the Switch is always 0. 0 means Switch. Now it can have values like 1 for instance, probably means the NG Switch.

UnderJinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Got a stable joke
The Switch is so stable that the stable it's in is running so stable that it's going totally stable
Make sence.. No? But at least i got some more xp

Reactions: J-Will

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries