Homebrew RELEASE [Nintendo Switch] Game Icon Customizer - simplify the method of changing game icons

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been playing with layouts & trying to make a theme, it's confusing to me but something new to learn.

It's a mixture of hotzvert & project clean it's only the home page so far.
received_157825096203344.jpeg

It's probably going to take a little while to get working fully I'm unsure how to move certain items around.

I also need to change the quality of a lot of icons so this might be a long process.

Last edited by SodaSoba,
Reactions: Mentelos and f0li0

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pushed another 29 icons, all vertical custom game covers.

Almost finished my theme
[Home screen]
IK8gXoD.jpg

[All programs]
wDosbc6.jpg

I'm just trying to finish the lock screen, be it once I'm finished the entire .nxtheme & JSON background PSD files will be put up so others can use the theme & make their own or modify this.

Last edited by SodaSoba,
Reactions: Mentelos and velgis

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. Really appreciate all the work you've put into this app and icons!

I have everything working following the tutorial except for the final Transfer step where I instantly get an error. I've tried on my desktop, a laptop and finally a brand new windows VM in Azure and still get the same error every time.

upload_2021-3-30_0-56-43.png

Anyone else getting this or is it just me? Any ideas what device is not ready?

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I have everything working following the tutorial except for the final Transfer step where I instantly get an error. I've tried on my desktop, a laptop and finally a brand new windows VM in Azure and still get the same error every time.

View attachment 255129

How are you trying to transfer? Mtp or FTP?

IIT looks like it's saying device not ready, is ftpd running on the switch? Is the IP correct?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are you trying to transfer? Mtp or FTP?

IIT looks like it's saying device not ready, is ftpd running on the switch? Is the IP correct?

Appreciate the response. I would prefer to use FTP.

I have ftpd running on my switch and use it regularly to do other activities.

I never get the opportunity to chose MTP or FTP like it shows in the tut...

I expected the dialog to Select Transfer Method to pop up but instead the error dialog in the pic above instantly pops up when I click the Transfer button.

Last edited by binkinator,

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Appreciate the response. I would prefer to use FTP.

I have ftpd running on my switch and use it regularly to do other activities.

I never get the opportunity to chose MTP or FTP like it shows in the tut...

I expected the dialog to Select Transfer Method to pop up but instead the error dialog in the pic above instantly pops up when I click the Transfer button.
How very odd, perhaps redownload the release again check the folder the program has extracted to,it should have winscp included, also it uses the default transfer settings ie: no username / pass if you have one setup.

Im not a programmer but looking at the debug it's saying the drive isn't ready? But that would suggest it's attempting to transfer via mtp?

Very unusual, like I say try grab the release again.

Ftpd should be running on the switch
When you click transfer the dialog box should open showing mtp or FTP.

If you've followed my tutorial I can't see where you've made a mistake.

A work around would be in nx-gic folder on your pc there should be a output folder simply copy the folders within the output folder to SD:/atmosphere/contents

That's what the mtp/FTP transfer function automates.

https://github.com/sodasoba1

Last edited by SodaSoba,

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

View attachment 255129

I'll work with you on this seperately to include the fix on next update... look forward to my private message soon.

I have finished my first ever theme
preview:

download: https://github.com/sodasoba1/NSW-Custom-Game-Icons/blob/main/THEME/Project-Vert-Clean.zip

as per usual nx-gic will make everything loads easier to using this theme correctly, as always feel free to request game icons

That looks sweet... gonna install it tonight, great job!

Reactions: SodaSoba

velgis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have finished my first ever theme
preview:

download: https://github.com/sodasoba1/NSW-Custom-Game-Icons/blob/main/THEME/Project-Vert-Clean.zip

as per usual nx-gic will make everything loads easier to using this theme correctly, as always feel free to request game icons

Would it be an easy edit to get the original Project Clean, but with the vertical icons? I liked the black backgrounds and simple UI more than the images you used (no offense at all, it's a personal thing!).

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would it be an easy edit to get the original Project Clean, but with the vertical icons? I liked the black backgrounds and simple UI more than the images you used (no offense at all, it's a personal thing!).
Yes it shouldn't be an issue, I'll make one with black backgrounds, but I'll also include the PSD and JSON files soon

Reactions: velgis

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Version 1.3.0 is now out; Patch notes can be read at GitHub Release Page (i've also updated opening post in this thread)

The main features are Auto Match icons & Custom Metadata... please let me know if any issues

Keep in mind; Custom Title or Author are not affected by 'Sort by' option when viewing all your games on the switch

Once the CSV is loaded (as mentioned in the patch notes); simply click the Auto GIC button to enable it
Select the icon style you want to match with ... Click Add All to Output and Transfer away!

113366927-a1f38c80-9328-11eb-91ae-30513524a913.PNG

If a match is not found, there can be 2 reasons:
1) No icon exists for the title
Solution: You can make a new one yourself by clicking Add New or requesting @SodaSoba
2) Icon may exist but Title ID is different because of region
Solution: If you find the icon in Scan mode but didn't match, simply add to Output and change the Title ID

Note: You have to Scan first to download icons from Icon Repositories (as per Settings) otherwise no matches will be found

---------------

I've also released a new Vertical theme in order for Custom Titles to show up
Reddit Post
8erwagtcqnq61.jpg

Last edited by HoTsHoTz79,

SodaSoba

‿︵‿︵‿︵ヽ(°□° )ノ‿︵‿︵‿︵‿
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
very cool!
congratulations on 1.3.0

I'll update the tutorial once I finish this list of requested covers
I've got 9 more to do, I've added 112 various covers that are ready to be pushed to the repo
but I'm going to finish this list first.

I Quite like these Labo ones, shame I don't have any labo games

labo.jpg

I also made a vert-clean theme and uploaded it to a new repo as to not get the icon repo messed up

----

If you want to make your own covers to try and match the covers I've made, I have released a template:
https://github.com/sodasoba1/NSW-custom-icon-template

There is a PSD & PNG templates you can use to make covers.

----------

new dark theme based off my vertical theme i believe @velgis asked for it.

https://github.com/sodasoba1/nx-ver.../project-vert-clean/project-vert-clean-0f0f0f

Last edited by SodaSoba,

f0li0

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Added more icons (around 180 since last update)
I'm going to rewrite the tutorial so I won't be adding icons until that's finished
Thanks again Soda, would there be any possibility of a few options for Tetris 99 (vertical) without labels, just plain? Thank you.

Reactions: SodaSoba

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That would be something, or I could see them doing abracadabra together as a finale