Hardware Nintendo Switch Pro Controller Goes Up For Sale

D

Deleted User

That looks like a nice controller, but I would probably only buy it if it was only around ~40 dollars with no analog triggers.

That sold out quick tho

S

Saiyan Lusitano

That's a big time scalper fail. You can still get them for retail on Amazon Japan, even if you live in the US.
And at plenty of European retailers. If dumb people want to get scalped that's their problem.

Reactions: Xzi

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What we don't know is how many Amazon put up for sale. It could be 10 or 10,000. It could also have been a mistake, Amazon makes those frequently.

We don't know how many Switches were put up for presale. N claims they will have 2M at launch. It could be only 50k, 250k, 500k or all 2M. We really have no idea.

What we do know is scarcity creates headlines.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
What we don't know is how many Amazon put up for sale. It could be 10 or 10,000. It could also have been a mistake, Amazon makes those frequently.

We don't know how many Switches were put up for presale. N claims they will have 2M at launch. It could be only 50k, 250k, 500k or all 2M. We really have no idea.

What we do know is scarcity creates headlines.
Nintendo said 2 million worldwide for all of March, but I have a feeling they're already changing their tune about that given demand.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ebgames AU is selling Switch & Pro controller for days but they're still available for pre-order LOL.
Yeah, Australia gets scalped in regard to gaming even without scalpers. Just means there are fewer units allocated to the region, so when like ten people decide to order one for those crazy prices, SOLD OUT. Lol.

Reactions: WiiuGold

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo said 2 million worldwide for all of March, but I have a feeling they're already changing their tune about that given demand.
What demand? That is my point. How do we know there is a great demand. Preorders are sold out but we have absolutely no idea how many that is. They did say the pre orders would be "limited".

We also know Nintendo has a hard time adjusting their supply chain to meet demand. Recent examples, Game Cube Adapter, Amiibos, NES Mini, past.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
What demand? That is my point. How do we know there is a great demand. Preorders are sold out but we have absolutely no idea how many that is. They did say the pre orders would be "limited".

We also know Nintendo has a hard time adjusting their supply chain to meet demand. Recent examples, Game Cube Adapter, Amiibos, NES Mini, past.
Well the process is mostly automated at this point, and Switch is based on similar existing Nvidia hardware from the Shield line, so I have no doubt they would've been able to kick out 2 million from the reveal to the opening of pre-orders. If it was a lot fewer units allocated for pre-order than stated, I don't think pre-orders would've been available as long as they were. Especially from Wal-Mart.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Figured as much. Don't understand why they wouldn't make them analog especially if the rumor of GameCube virtual console games is true, and you know that games like Mario Sunshine would definitely be released if GC VC is indeed true.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Figured as much. Don't understand why they wouldn't make them analog especially if the rumor of GameCube virtual console games is true, and you know that games like Mario Sunshine would definitely be released if GC VC is indeed true.
Yeah I would've preferred analog, but it'd still be easy enough to get GC VC working with digital.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
US: $69.99
CA: $89.99
UK: £59.99 / £64.99 (yes, there's two different RRP prices in UK)

It's overpriced but a really good controller and in my opinion it'll be the definitive to play Zelda with, however, after one's done with Zelda there won't be anything worth picking up. That is, until April 28th when Mario Kart 8: Deluxe is released.

The online will be free until Autumn (Sept) so customers will be able to play MK8:D without paying.
I believe the online is available free till November. I'll find a chart that Nintendo posted.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the process is mostly automated at this point, and Switch is based on similar existing Nvidia hardware from the Shield line, so I have no doubt they would've been able to kick out 2 million from the reveal to the opening of pre-orders. If it was a lot fewer units allocated for pre-order than stated, I don't think pre-orders would've been available as long as they were. Especially from Wal-Mart.

I bought one of those in-store extended pre orders from Walmart last Friday. There is no guaranteed date they will be available and asked for phone number and email to notify when they were available.

On the 3rd I will show up with receipt in hand but i am not expecting to leave with one. Maybe, we just have no numbers to work with.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I bought one of those in-store extended pre orders from Walmart last Friday. There is no guaranteed date they will be available and asked for phone number and email to notify when they were available.

On the 3rd I will show up with receipt in hand but i am not expecting to leave with one. Maybe, we just have no numbers to work with.
Yes it's quite possible that Wal-Mart took pre-orders with no intention to deliver on some of them until later in March. I don't think that's the case because 2 million aren't available worldwide, though, I think it's possible because Wal-Mart's orders extended past that point. Wal-Mart being Wal-Mart, in relation to other retailers they were largely unaware pre-orders had even begun for three days.

Reactions: thorasgar

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really missed the days when preorders were used as an indication on how many of an item to produce.

Can you even call this preordering if they aren't accounting for others who still want a Switch and other items?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device!