Nintendo will have inferior hardware next gen

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It very well could have just been my eyes or the type of glasses I was using, but I was far from impressed in the 3D on the PS3 games I played.

It looks much better with the Fanboy Vision glasses off, trust me.

I didn't play too much of it but I played a bit of BlOps with a friend on his 3D TV on a PS3 and it looked pretty cool.

I think it's more a matter of "not enough people had/wanted to shell out the money for a 3D TV and glasses" than it actually sucking.

Which is why Sony introduced newer, lower priced 3D TVs. Certainly not as big as a gigantic flat screen but large enough for gaming, plus it demoed that sweet 3D splitscreen tech.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As far as the SNES is concerned, it was not all THAT superior - you're forgetting about the lesser-known consoles like the Jaguar or the Genesis + Add-Ons which was admittedly more powerful then the SNES.
nah, you cant even consider the 3DO, CDi, Jaguar as gaming consoles... they were a joke
Why can't I? Let's forget the CDi, as that was basically an FMV player, but the 3DO and the Jaguar had the potential to be huge and if the libraries were better and the marketing was proper, they would've. They're like "The Dreamcasts of the 16/32-bit Transition Era" - they were killed off by more popular alternatives regardless of whether or not they were better.

The 3DO died due to its sheer price (it cost a soul of a newborn for that time, basically) and the AMMOUNT of available 3DO's - people were confused out of their minds when in a store they saw 3DO's of vastly different manufacturers.

The Jaguar? Well, it was all great but it had No Gaemz and Atari didn't have the resources to keep it afloat until the games are released for it.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as the SNES is concerned, it was not all THAT superior - you're forgetting about the lesser-known consoles like the Jaguar or the Genesis + Add-Ons which was admittedly more powerful then the SNES.
nah, you cant even consider the 3DO, CDi, Jaguar as gaming consoles... they were a joke
Why can't I? Let's forget the CDi, as that was basically an FMV player, but the 3DO and the Jaguar had the potential to be huge and if the libraries were better and the marketing was proper, they would've. They're like "The Dreamcasts of the 16/32-bit Transition Era" - they were killed off by more popular alternatives regardless of whether or not they were better.

The 3DO died due to its sheer price (it cost a soul of a newborn for that time, basically) and the AMMOUNT of available 3DO's - people were confused out of their minds when in a store they saw 3DO's of vastly different manufacturers.

The Jaguar? Well, it was all great but it had No Gaemz and Atari didn't have the resources to keep it afloat until the games are released for it.

No the jaguar fail because they made it out of crap the damn things dint turn on most of the time

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how this supposed source takes what nintendo says and then says something completly unrelated to it. Sad what passes for news these days. There really should be a rule against obvious troll topics.

Will the 720 and ps4 be more powerful? Probably. Will this be enough of a difference to matter much? Probably not.

Edit: The jaguar was horribly designed, peroid. It had serious flaws in its memory architecture and a poor development enivornment that made it annoyning as heck to program for.

Reactions: 3 people

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It very well could have just been my eyes or the type of glasses I was using, but I was far from impressed in the 3D on the PS3 games I played.

I didn't play too much of it but I played a bit of BlOps with a friend on his 3D TV on a PS3 and it looked pretty cool.
After making post after post defending Sony from fanboyism in USN I get accoused of "Fanboy Vision"? Nice rebuttal.

Also, the TV also could have played a part in the 3D not being impressive in my case.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After making post after post defending Sony from fanboyism in USN I get accoused of "Fanboy Vision"? Nice rebuttal.

Also, the TV also could have played a part in the 3D not being impressive in my case.

I was just making a joke ;)

But I don't know, it probably depends on the TV and the tech has advanced a lot from even a few years ago. God knows how 3D TVs are now from when I played.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Or you could be in the ~5% of people who can't see 3D with the tech as it stands now.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No the jaguar fail because they made it out of crap the damn things dint turn on most of the time.
The PS3 had YLOD's, the 360 had RROD's, I don't see either failing. Stop trolololing because that wasn't the main issue of the system.
Exactly, that system had a lot of potential. If it had better support it could have been a gem, and maybe Atari would still be making systems.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No the jaguar fail because they made it out of crap the damn things dint turn on most of the time.
The PS3 had YLOD's, the 360 had RROD's, I don't see either failing. Stop trolololing because that wasn't the main issue of the system.

yes it was dude look it up
I'm well-aware of the hardware issues of the first Jaguars, but the main reason for its demise were the games and the "weird" controller, really.

atari_jaguar_controller_1.jpg

How many interface buttons do you need? And why are the A B C buttons put diagonally and so wide apart? How does this help?

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, the NEO-GEO was "the dreamcast of the mid '90"
It had the same aproach as the 3DO: "this is a REAL gaming machine" (now Sony is capitalizing on that fad since the playstation), but it had A library of good games
It was never ment to be a popular console... it was all about bringing the arcade experience to home. The 3DO was just... terrible.

Exactly, that system had a lot of potential. If it had better support it could have been a gem, and maybe Atari would still be making systems.
disagree... it has been reported by developers that it was really hard to code for the Jaguar. It had a really weird construction with mixed processors to somehow reach 64 bit. The Jaguar never had potential

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS is already behind the PS Vita in regards to hardware. Looks like the Wii U will follow that trend.​

This means developers who makes games for the PS4 and/or the next XBOX and wants to port it to the Wii U will have to water it down just like the Wii.

9374823.jpg

Right, because we all know that more powerful hardware ALWAYS results in great games being released. I'll have to disagree with the statement that ports to the WiiU will be severely watered down as they were on the Wii. First, third parties (Team Ninja especially) stated that WiiU development is easier this time around, much like the Xbox360 or PS3. Second, no one, except Nintendo, knows anything about the specs of the CPU, GPU, etc and anyone who has the balls to make asinine assumptions about them sucking needs to have a full frontal lobotomy. Last generation, which console sold more out of the three? PS2? Xbox? Gamecube? If you answered "PS2", then you're correct. It had the weakest hardware, sure, but what made it have such a huge impact was the library of games. There are tons of PS2 games I love to play, despite the inferior graphics or slower CPU when compared to the other two consoles. Sorry, but good games > super high-end hardware. By your logic, the N64 would have outsold the PSX, the Genesis would have outsold the Super Nintendo, and the PSP would have outsold the original DS. Your argument is invalid. K thx bai.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
no, the NEO-GEO was "the dreamcast of the mid '90"
It had the same aproach as the 3DO: "this is a REAL gaming machine" (now Sony is capitalizing on that fad since the playstation), but it had A library of good games
It was never ment to be a popular console... it was all about bringing the arcade experience to home. The 3DO was just... terrible.
The Neo-Geo was an arcade cabinet that was jammed into a console. In fact, you could get adapters that would allow you to play cabinet games on the system itself. It was overpriced beyond proportion and overpowered beyond imagination, so it failed. $649.99 USD was beyond anyone's budget and the games weren't cheap either. It was doomed from the start.

Not only that, it came out much later then

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend had an old used Jaguar and it never had that problem. My friend treated all of his junk like crap and yet his Jaguar never had a problem. He fed his Jaguar to his violent dog and it still worked afterward. This is the first I've ever heard of Jaguars not turning on.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
My friend had an old used Jaguar and it never had that problem. My friend treated all of his junk like crap and yet his Jaguar never had a problem. He fed his Jaguar to his violent dog and it still worked afterward. This is the first I've ever heard of Jaguars not turning on.
It's an issue that's connected with the infamous Jaguar CD Red Screen of Death - the attachment liked to just die on the user. The console itself? I'm not aware of any issues like that.

That said, Jaguar CD's started "failing" nowadays when collectors began to hunt them. Unless they always have and the rumour just spread quicker over the internet.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Or you could be in the ~5% of people who can't see 3D with the tech as it stands now.
Well if I was able to see 3D in 1998 wihen I saw Honey I shrunk the Audience at Disneyland, I'm pretty sure I can see it with the tech now (unless Ive damaged my optic nerve somehow)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Giganutz