Nintendo will have inferior hardware next gen

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

by going to that source there lots of great wiiu info like their aproach with third party ect

1players thanks for letting people know how great the wiiu is because that source is full of great wiiu news

also you suck at news you try to make the wiiu look bad with no proof cuz the source shows YOU lie

if this isn't the pot calling the kettle a troll...

i post news that you can check in the source that they are true i never post lies

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo President Satoru Iwata said:
We are aiming to make a system which shall not be forced into competing with the others where the contenders can fight only with massive developer resources and long development times as their weapons. Having said that, however, as I mentioned, it is true that, in some software areas, we need to be engaged in the power games. Take The Legend of Zelda franchise, for example, the fans must be looking for the graphic representations that they do not see as cheap at all when the title is released for the Wii U,

Reactions: 1 person

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What a load of shit.

This was the exact quote.
We are aiming to make a system which shall not be forced into competing with the others where the contenders can fight only with massive developer resources and long development times as their weapons. Having said that, however, as I mentioned, it is true that, in some software areas, we need to be engaged in the power games. Take The Legend of Zelda franchise, for example, the fans must be looking for the graphic representations that they do not see as cheap at all when the title is released for the Wii U
Nintendo was referring to the fact that not all their Wii U games will have huge budgets and be "engaged in the power race" which makes sense for things like WarioWare and Rhythm Heaven. And that other games like Zelda will have good graphics.

You guys should read things first instead of posting a bunch of crap to boost your post count.
Sadly, people enjoy trolling Nintendo and will only read this topic's title...

I wonder why "bad" Nintendo news get so many views x)

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i post news that you can check in the source that they are true i never post lies

The words "news" and "rumor" are not interchangeable. You, my friend, are the National Enquirer...the Soap Opera Digest if you will...of GBAtemp. You are to anything other than Nintendo what FOX News is to liberalism.

Hence the pot/kettle comment.

Reactions: 3 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why do people want Nintendo to create an uber machine? How many polygons do you need to render Mario?
Because we want at least decent third party support this time? We're sick and tired of getting PSP ports for multiplatform games?
For god's sake, the PS3 plays bloody Skyrim and the WiiU is 1,5 times the PS3 when it comes to processing power and it has 3 times the RAM - are you really THAT scared that you won't get 3rd party support on a console that'll sell better then cure for cancer AND will be able to pull off the latest titles for the next 5 years at least?

Reactions: 7 people

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Microsoft has even made similar comments
Microsoft France’s Cedrick Delmas said:
We’re not here to counter Nintendo and they’re not here to fight the other manufacturers. Nintendo has put itself in a different cycle, they’re advancing at their own pace.

Reactions: 3 people

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Just seems like some people want Nintendo to make an as powerful as possible machine with a traditional controller and PSN/XBL style online. There are, in all likelyhood, going to be two consoles exactly like that next gen. Why not just buy one of those?

Reactions: 2 people

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people want Nintendo to create an uber machine? How many polygons do you need to render Mario?
Because we want at least decent third party support this time? We're sick and tired of getting PSP ports for multiplatform games?
Actually, one of the reasons the PS2 was lauded as being so great (and the reason it's my favorite system so far) is because it had amazing 3rd party support despite the fact that it was inferior (power-wise) to the Gamecube. Clearly power isn't the deciding factor for 3rd party devs.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just seems like some people want Nintendo to make an as powerful as possible machine with a traditional controller and PSN/XBL style online. There are, in all likelyhood, going to be two consoles exactly like that next gen. Why not just buy one of those?
"As powerful as possible" is a welcome addition, always. PSX/XBL style online is very much welcome since WFC is *bad*, it really is. When it comes to controls and additional features, Nintendo was and always has been King, and this is why the WiiU will sell regardless of whether or not it will be the most powerful console out there.

And if it will sell and WILL be capable of running multiplat games efficiently, it will recieve multiplats. It will recieve 3rd party support.

Articles like this is just whistle-blowing for no reason.

Actually, one of the reasons the PS2 was lauded as being so great (and the reason it's my favorite system so far) is because it had amazing 3rd party support despite the fact that it was inferior (power-wise) to the Gamecube. Clearly power isn't the deciding factor for 3rd party devs.

It didn't have to be as powerful. Despite generating less polygons, the GPU embedded in the system had a revolutionary (at that time) feature of "not rendering parts of models that are not actively displayed". That meant that if a character was only partially on-screen then it was only partially rendered, saving up polygons for other models that were in plain sight rather then around the edges. It also automatically nullfied the need for worrying about what kind of maps you model because a metaphorical "city" would only be rendered "infront" of the character rather then behind it.

Using this technology the PS2 stayed afloat despite being inferior for a long, long time since developers had less to worry about.

Reactions: 2 people

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always wonder what people are thinking will go into the PS4 or Xbox 720 thats going to be so much more powerful then the Wii-U...

Unless IBM has made some major advancement in chip tech that some how has escaped the news...

Sure you could stick more RAM in and a better GPU but at that point costs quickly becomes a major issue, and there is that whole diminishing return on investment thing. Meaning that while you could beat the Wii-U in terms of power on paper right now. On the screen its going to be a hollow and expensive victory as who is going to be able to tell the difference between native 1080P on the Wii-U and Native 1080P on the PS4 or the 720? Will the PS4 and 720 feature better textures? Unlikely as the GPU's really will have close to the same feature set so just more FPS is all thats going to be offered....

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well we dont need better graphics anyway xD As far as im concered, todays standards for graphics are fine, would I like to be able to see my PC's ability on my TV sure but its not needed. The only thing I want from nintendo.

1.) A good online service
2.) Good third Party Support.
3.) More 1st party titles.
4.) I would say a normal controller but since I've not used the WiiU tablet I can't really say.
5.) I would love to see the system have internal storage like a hard drive.

324atk

GBATemp's Personal Chocobo Breeder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh Noes!!!!1 Nintendo won't have better graphics?/?!? Whatever will I do if I can't kill someone with nextgen graphics??

cry_baby_141283149.jpg

pure [/sarcasm] although that is what most "hardcore" gamers sound like today.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The 3DS is already behind the PS Vita in regards to hardware.
Have you played a PS Vita in 3D?
You do realize that all the Vita needs to display stereoscopic 3D is a plugin supporting it and a pair of cyan/red glasses, right?

Don't make out 3D as a massive hardware "strong point" because it doesn't need much processing power. The PSP can display 3D no problemo, and it wasn't even designed for it.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU