Nintendo will repair faulty Joy-Cons for free in more parts of Europe, regardless of warranty status

images.jpeg

Nintendo is going to repair faulty Joy-Cons for free in more parts of Europe, regardless of their warranty status. On the Nintendo UK website, they added the following:

"Nintendo takes great pride in creating high-quality and durable products and is continuously making improvements to them. Therefore and until further notice, Nintendo offers to consumers who purchased the respective product in the EEA, UK and Switzerland that repairs for responsiveness syndrome relating to control sticks will be conducted at no charge by official Nintendo repair centres. This applies even if the syndrome is caused by wear and tear and even if the 24-month manufacturer’s warranty provided by Nintendo has expired.* The manufacturer's warranty does not affect any statutory rights which you may have under consumer protection legislation as the purchaser of goods. The benefits described here are in addition to those rights."

Nintendo offered free repairs for out-of-warranty Joy-Cons in the past in North America, Latin America, and France, but it never extended the policy to the UK, Switzerland, and all of the EEA until now. The company previously only repaired faulty Joy-Cons in these countries for free if they had an active warranty.

:arrow: Source

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nintendo takes great pride in creating high-quality and durable products and is continuously making improvements to them.
Is that why the Big N changed their TOS in the US so they could win a lawsuit?

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Process takes a week here in the US, is free they pay shipping, and most times you get a brand new set back, can’t say how it will work in other countries but here in the US United Radio does a stand up job. I’ve always been treated good. 4 joy cons per box, and only send one box at a time or their system gets confused. I can drop off Monday morning at UPS store, and have them back Saturday or the following Monday.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Finally. Until now, my cousin was relying on the electronics store where he got it from for support and repair, and they always required him to hand in the Switch when he needed the JoyCons repaired. Last time they blamed liquid damage and refused repair, and also damaged his JoyCons in the process leaving a mess for me to help him with. Had to replace the shells, a few of the screws and replace one of the JoyCon rails. It's not in an exactly original state right now as the screws are slightly different looking from original ones and the shell is not original (though it looks the part) so I'm not sure Nintendo would even accept a repair at this point.
Doesn't matter though, I'm just waiting for these GuliKit sticks to be more widely available and the issues to be ironed out to buy a whole bunch and he will never need the sticks replaced again.
I'm just starting to get drift on my JoyCons, but I'd rather get the GuliKit sticks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1