Nintendo will repair faulty Joy-Cons for free in more parts of Europe, regardless of warranty status

images.jpeg

Nintendo is going to repair faulty Joy-Cons for free in more parts of Europe, regardless of their warranty status. On the Nintendo UK website, they added the following:

"Nintendo takes great pride in creating high-quality and durable products and is continuously making improvements to them. Therefore and until further notice, Nintendo offers to consumers who purchased the respective product in the EEA, UK and Switzerland that repairs for responsiveness syndrome relating to control sticks will be conducted at no charge by official Nintendo repair centres. This applies even if the syndrome is caused by wear and tear and even if the 24-month manufacturer’s warranty provided by Nintendo has expired.* The manufacturer's warranty does not affect any statutory rights which you may have under consumer protection legislation as the purchaser of goods. The benefits described here are in addition to those rights."

Nintendo offered free repairs for out-of-warranty Joy-Cons in the past in North America, Latin America, and France, but it never extended the policy to the UK, Switzerland, and all of the EEA until now. The company previously only repaired faulty Joy-Cons in these countries for free if they had an active warranty.

:arrow: Source

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Process takes a week here in the US, is free they pay shipping, and most times you get a brand new set back, can’t say how it will work in other countries but here in the US United Radio does a stand up job. I’ve always been treated good. 4 joy cons per box, and only send one box at a time or their system gets confused. I can drop off Monday morning at UPS store, and have them back Saturday or the following Monday.

Atleast it is more worthwhile to repair it yourself if you got a limited edition joycon.

Meler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
now when i got back to Poland , My joy con is drifting from day one when i got my brand new switch out of box,,, What now ?

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah really? Well, if my Switch's Joy-Cons (bought in Italy) will ever get broken I'll call Nintendo to fix them.
What's even the point when you can pick up replacement sticks and solder them in.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't even need to solder lol.
I forgot those things had ribbon cables to attach the sticks to. Still, it does reduce the amount of time you have to wait for your "repaired" Joy-Cons to ship back. :rofl2:

• Haha
Reactions: Hayato213

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Imagine shipping in limited edition joycon and never getting it back.
"Ugh, still drifting."
*ships it to Nintendo and ships back*
"Still doesn't work." :angry:

Yeah, imagine calling these "ultra-rare" and selling them on eBay for a shit ton of money. Seems like I gave the scammers ideas, haha.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Ugh, still drifting."
*ships it to Nintendo and ships back*
"Still doesn't work." :angry:

Yeah, imagine calling these "ultra-rare" and selling these on eBay for a shit ton of money. Seems like I gave the scammers ideas, haha.

One guy said they would just send you a brand new one, I mean it is okay for a regular color like gray, white or neon color since they are easy to get, but imagine sending in like Mario Red, Pokemon Joycon, Zelda etc and getting a regular gray.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One guy said they would just send you a brand new one, I mean it is okay for a regular color like gray, white or neon color since they are easy to get, but imagine sending in like Mario Red, Pokemon Joycon, Zelda etc and getting a regular gray.
I'd be making the jackpot by now. :wub::evil:

• Haha
Reactions: Hayato213

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What, like those Wii Us with Hynix emmc chips?
Wonder what will happen with their other consoles like the 3DS? Can't wait to see the GBAtemp drama. :rofl2:

Reactions: Ettino

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I might send my 3 pair of joycons that all have had their rail buttons stop working for no reason, no drops no misuse no nothung, just straight out stopped working all of the sudden

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I might send my 3 pair of joycons that all have had their rail buttons stop working for no reason, no drops no misuse no nothung, just straight out stopped working all of the sudden
Again, its not that hard to just buy new replacement sticks and buttons and then install them in. It saves you a lot of time and effort to ship it over to Nintendo, to then wait god knows how long to get them replaced. On a side note, if it can't be repaired, then you might be shipped an exclusive Joy-Con, but don't put your hopes up high.

Reactions: AxlSt00pid

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Good idea