Nintendo will repair faulty Joy-Cons for free in more parts of Europe, regardless of warranty status

images.jpeg

Nintendo is going to repair faulty Joy-Cons for free in more parts of Europe, regardless of their warranty status. On the Nintendo UK website, they added the following:

"Nintendo takes great pride in creating high-quality and durable products and is continuously making improvements to them. Therefore and until further notice, Nintendo offers to consumers who purchased the respective product in the EEA, UK and Switzerland that repairs for responsiveness syndrome relating to control sticks will be conducted at no charge by official Nintendo repair centres. This applies even if the syndrome is caused by wear and tear and even if the 24-month manufacturer’s warranty provided by Nintendo has expired.* The manufacturer's warranty does not affect any statutory rights which you may have under consumer protection legislation as the purchaser of goods. The benefits described here are in addition to those rights."

Nintendo offered free repairs for out-of-warranty Joy-Cons in the past in North America, Latin America, and France, but it never extended the policy to the UK, Switzerland, and all of the EEA until now. The company previously only repaired faulty Joy-Cons in these countries for free if they had an active warranty.

:arrow: Source

jos010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
had my pro controller and joycon 2017 with drifting issues returned this year, pro was replaced joycon repaired. good service from nintendo i must say, fast and easy no costs (netherlands)

Reactions: PopcornSweetie

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At what point does it just become cheaper to put hall sticks in them and call it a day? I mean there are already drop-in 3rd party hall replacements.

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At what point does it just become cheaper to put hall sticks in them and call it a day? I mean there are already drop-in 3rd party hall replacements.
If you only have one pair, it makes sense, or if you live in a country where this isn’t a free service it would make sense also, the Hall effect sticks aren’t perfect, I think they’ve fixed the clicking on newer ones but I’ve read enough reports of those having issues that I personally haven’t gone that route. Definitely not cheaper to go that route, the service is free in the countries where Nintendo provides it they even pay for the shipping both ways. I will add though if they the joy con say is missing a part, or they find physical damage, they do charge $39 per Joy con to replace, which is insane to me but aligns with MSRP.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
better yet, just get a pro controller and never play in handheld mode. because who tf plays handheld mode
I almost exclusively play handheld. Three kids and a wife, who tf has access to a TV to play video games on? Swear to god, the first tablet manufacturer to also include display IN (so I can use it as an external display) will get my money. I already basically use it as my “TV”…

Sigh. China only: https://9to5google.com/2021/05/27/lenovo-android-tablet-hdmi-input-teaser/

Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you only have one pair, it makes sense, or if you live in a country where this isn’t a free service it would make sense also, the Hall effect sticks aren’t perfect, I think they’ve fixed the clicking on newer ones but I’ve read enough reports of those having issues that I personally haven’t gone that route. Definitely not cheaper to go that route, the service is free in the countries where Nintendo provides it they even pay for the shipping both ways. I will add though if they the joy con say is missing a part, or they find physical damage, they do charge $39 per Joy con to replace, which is insane to me but aligns with MSRP.
No. I meant Nintendo switch to Hall sticks. From the factory.

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. I meant Nintendo switch to Hall sticks. From the factory.
I see. Honestly I hate to say it, and I don’t have any data to prove it, just assuming, I bet quite a few purchases are made because parents don’t know the repair is free, I had a coworker with young kids who seemed to be buying them every 6 months or so. Do these reoccurring purchases make up for the cost of the repairs, I have to wonder. I do wish they consider this for their next console. But this is probably wishful thinking.

BlazeMasterBM

I Eat Garlics
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

G33ksquad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I gave into temptation, I installed the Gulikit sticks just to see what they are all about, not a bad process, and gave me two original sticks to use for repairs for Joy Cons I can’t send to Nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT