Hacking Nintendont

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
He is not getting performance issues because of nintendont, actually according to the video he posted, nintendont performs better than gamecube in all of the games, interestingly. I wasn't aware of this. He's asking if it is possible to use increased clock speeds from the wii u to get even better performance, of which the answer here is usually no and that it would break the games.

Decepter91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you want to use different controllers, instead of using "controller.ini" on the root, you can place your files in a sub-folder, and using the PID_VID as filename.
/controllers/PID_VID.ini
/controllers/PID_VID.ini
/controllers/PID_VID.ini
etc.

I checked OP in the thread that specifies that controller file should be named /controllers/PID_VID.ini. But when I look in the source code it actually looks for /controllers/VID_PID.ini.
not allowed to link to github but put github domain before this /FIX94/Nintendont/blob/10f52316a67d955e2c9608ae6cefc277ccfb8abe/loader/source/HID.c#L24

Still doesn't fix my issue with this naming anyway...

xenohbutton

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sebagra.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Poland
Hi guys, maybe you will be able to help me? My GameCube injection freezes console with multiple controllers connected. I tried other resources and threads but problem still occurs. I'm completely new in Wii U hacking, so maybe I'm missing something. Here are the details:

I used WiiVC injector by TeconMoon. I injected Rayman Arena and everything works fine. Sometimes.

For the first time it run perfectly. Everything works. Really, great job.

Second time I wanted to use two gamecube controllers to test multiplayer. So I used USB adapter and... whole console freezes after launching injection. Adapter is third party. Literally, I couldn't do anything but to unplug the whole console.

Third time, I launched the game normal way with the gamepad, loaded savegame, AND THEN connected the USB adapter with two GameCube controllers. It worked, the game recognized it. But the first controller was the gamepad. Not the GCN controller. Moreover, A and B buttons on the gamepad were switched. Is it possible to play with only Gamecube controllers but the way console didn't freeze?

And here's funny thing: fourth time the game was running perfectly. Just like for the first time. No buttons switched, etc.

I was wondering if it's because all USB ports are occupied. Seems not. Meanwhile I tried other configurations and setups and games, and now I'm pretty sure that Nintendon't has some kind of problem with my third party USB adapter, and ONLY with it. Console freezes, even when GC Controller is not connected to USB adapter. Yes, I connected only the adapter, and the problem still occured. Is there any way to solve this? Maybe there's a setting that I'm missing? As I mentioned before - THE ADAPTER DOES WORK. I tested it on original Smash 4 and on Rayman Arena after running the game. But injection/console/nintendon't (?) doesn't know what to do if I start GC game with adapter already connected.

PacDan16

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Is there a better forwarder for Nintendont that someone can share? The only one that I can find that's available was poorly made and has a laggy animation. My issue is that it looks bad next to the other channels. I finally uninstalled it after years of putting up with it, and am looking for a better one if possible!

I use the VWii (Virtual Wii) on Wii U only.

(see here for details on what I'm referring to : https://www.reddit.com/r/WiiHacks/comments/dngo8r/this_may_have_been_covered_already_but_does/)

If I can't find a better one already set up to forward to Nintendont, there is a channel forwarder on Youtube that looks better but it forwards you to a different homebrew channel that isn't Nintendont, so it's useless for my purposes.

Video:

I do not know how to edit this WAD, but all I think needs to be done is editing the path of the apps folder. Perhaps this is the channel I am looking for, if it can be edited? If someone could help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated. I do not have programming skills or knowledge really so I don't think I can do it myself.
I would love to be able to install a better channel after all this time of looking at the ugly one.

I hope my question doesn't get lost in the void in the forums, never to be responded to like so many others...haha...:)

Last edited by PacDan16,

xenohbutton

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sebagra.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Poland
For USB Gamepad and VC Injects Users on the Wii U:

https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/issues/751

@carnage702 recommends to use an older Build ot Nintendont unfortunately this has no BBA Support.

https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont...dfd8be7b0b68209fc7/loader/loader.dol?raw=true
Please rename it to boot.dol and replace it.

Thank you.:)

:blink::blink::blink:

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! It actually worked! :toot:
My God, finally! Thank you so much! I would've never thought that older version would be better here. But it is. :yayu:

BUT! Funny thing, that case with swapped A and B buttons (on gamepad) still sometimes occurs. How can I make sure it doesn't happen?

Reactions: Alexander1970

akide73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nintendont support only Nvidia Shield 2015 controller.
The Joypad 2017 is different and doesn't work with nintendont.
Were you able to create a configuration to make the 2017 version work?

Last edited by akide73,

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:blink::blink::blink:

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! It actually worked! :toot:
My God, finally! Thank you so much! I would've never thought that older version would be better here. But it is. :yayu:

BUT! Funny thing, that case with swapped A and B buttons (on gamepad) still sometimes occurs. How can I make sure it doesn't happen?
Stop hitting the minus button. That makes those buttons swap.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey all! I just joined your awesome board, and this is my first post, so I apologize if I’m asking a redundant question, but I can’t seem to find the right answer(s). I appreciate any help :)

Is the original wired classic controller supported?

And when I try to play Pikmin 2 multiplayer, the second wiimote is locked to fourth player, can I do anything about that?

These are my current settings, and native control is off.
What am I flubbing?
by 4 players you mean only the forth light is on or all 4 lights are on?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@FIX94 is it possible to get more performance on wii u with Nintendont? Some Gamecube games have still performance issues on the normal wii using Nintendont:

if games already perform better than you shouldnt complain lol since nintendont is not an emulator, sure you can use wiiu overclock but i sence the cpu is not the reason why games got framerate issues and its a gpu related issue, and since nintendont uses wii gpu and not the wiiu one and the wii gpu is the same as gc gpu you cant get much better.

remenber the wii cpu is already almost doble of te gc one so probably there is no bootleneck on the cpu for the games but instead is the gpu now, thats why some games have higher framerate becuase it cleared the cpu bottleneck but you can only do so much with cpu, there is a version of nintendont that supported vwii inject overclock not sure if its imcorporated in the main version but you could try to find it but i doubt it fixes any framerate issues.

cugel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont is working fine on my WiiU, but when I go to update titles.txt, controllers.zip or gcn_md5.txt via the updater it causes a hard crash.

I can't find these files on my SD card and Nintendont seesm to run fine without them. Can someone explain why I might want to get these files, and where I should put them if I do?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Nintendont is working fine on my WiiU, but when I go to update titles.txt, controllers.zip or gcn_md5.txt via the updater it causes a hard crash.

I can't find these files on my SD card and Nintendont seesm to run fine without them. Can someone explain why I might want to get these files, and where I should put them if I do?
you dont need them at all, no one does, those files are ini files that are already coded into nintendo boot.dol, they are there for people that want to make their hid controller have a custom layout, they can get them modify the button input and rename it to controller.ini and place them on the root of their device so nintendont doesnt reeed the coded layout but the custom one.

this is only for hid controller connected through usb, and even then its not needed.

cugel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About 1/5th of the time I try to boot up Nintendont, I'll just get a black screen and it will have crashed so hard I'll have to pull the power cord. I can't seem to figure out any pattern to it, although I feel like it tends to happen the first time I boot up my Wii U after not using it for several hours. Anyone got any ideas? I'm on a Wii U running Coolboot Haxchi.

Last edited by cugel,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
About 1/5th of the time I try to boot up Nintendont, I'll just get a black screen and it will have crashed so hard I'll have to pull the power cord. I can't seem to figure out any pattern to it, although I feel like it tends to happen the first time I boot up my Wii U after not using it for several hours. Anyone got any ideas? I'm on a Wii U running Coolboot Haxchi.
if nintendont is on usb or is reading from usb that can happen specialy on wiiu becuase how slow usb power flows, if nintendont doesnt get a response fast enough it crashes, damn defective wiiu usb power supply.

cugel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if nintendont is on usb or is reading from usb that can happen specialy on wiiu becuase how slow usb power flows, if nintendont doesnt get a response fast enough it crashes, damn defective wiiu usb power supply.

This happens if I have a usb plugged in or not and my games or on the sd card, not usb.

xxNathanxx

Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
I'm trying to get Animal Crossing (PAL) to work on a PAL Wii U using the WiiVC injector script. The game works fine if I inject the full, untouched ISO, but because this takes up a lot more space than it should (the game itself is tiny), I want to use a compressed/trimmed/shrunk ISO. However, I've tried trimming the ISO with Gamecube ISO Tool, and injected the resulting file, but when I start it after installing, after the Wii logo appears, a green bar appears in the center of the screen (I presume it's the game's title screen trying to start up) for a split second, then the screen stays black, and the only way to get out of there is to press the power button on the Wii U itself. Using the power options on the gamepad doesn't have any effect, and the home button doesn't do anything either. I then tried trimming the ISO with GCMUtility (which interestingly resulted in a smaller file than with the previous tool), injected and installed it, but again after starting it, the Wii logo appeared, followed by the green bar for a split second, and then the black screen. All of my other injected GameCube games work fine when trimmed, so I really don't understand why this one is being annoying.

Here's a debug log of the inject made with the GCM produced by GCMUtility, not sure if it provides any useful information.

Code:
Nintendont IOS255 v255.255
Built   : Oct  8 2019 03:21:53
Version : 6.489
Game path: di
EXIInit Start
EXI: Trying to open /saves/GAFP.raw
EXI: Trying to open /saves/GAFP_B.raw
EXI: Slot B has been disabled.
Kernel Start
DIP:Apploader, preparing to patch
DIP:DOL Size:132484 MinOff:0x00003100 MaxOff:0x0002BD80
DIP:DOL EntryPoint::0x80002F90, GameEntry::0x80003154
Patch:Offset:0x00003100 EOffset:0x0002BD80 Length:00028C80
Patch:Game ID = 47414650
Patch:[SI] applied 12 times
Patch:[AI] applied 12 times
Patch:[DI] applied 42 times
Patch:[OSExceptionInit] skipped (0x000060F4)
Patch:[SetInterruptMask] applied (0x00008F18)
Patch:[__OSDispatchInterrupt] applied (0x00009300)
Patch:[__OSResetSWInterruptHandler] applied (0x0000A184)
Patch:[__DVDInterruptHandler]: 0x0000BEB4 (0x0000BEB4)
Patch:[ARStartDMA] applied (0x00010654)
Patch:[patch_fwrite_Log] skipped (0x000197B4)
Patch:[EXIImm A] applied (0x0001D8F8)
Patch:[EXIDMA A] applied (0x0001DBF4)
Patch:[EXIDMA] ChanLen:00000040
Patch:[EXISync B] applied (0x0001DCE0)
Patch:[__EXIProbe A] applied (0x0001DF74)
Patch:[EXISelect A] applied (0x0001E2B0)
Patch:[EXIDeselect A] applied (0x0001E3DC)
Patch:[EXIntrruptHandler B] applied (0x0001E4F0)
Patch:[TCIntrruptHandler B] applied (0x0001E5B8)
Patch:[EXILock A] applied (0x0001EA70)
Patch:[EXIUnlock A] applied (0x0001EBBC)
Patch:[CompleteTransfer A] applied (0x0001F608)
Patch:[SIInit A] applied (0x0001FC70)
Patch:[SIInterruptHandler] applied (0x0001F8D4)
Patch:[SIInterruptHandler] applied (0x0001FA00)
Patch:[__SITransfer A] applied (0x0001FD24)
Patch:[__SITransfer A] applied (0x0001FE0C)
Patch:[SIGetType A] applied (0x000204A0)
Patch:[SIInit] applied (0x0001FCC0)
Patch:[__GXSetVAT] not found
Patch:[GXInitTlutObj] not found
Patch:[GXLoadTlut] not found
Patch:[ARInit] not found
Patch:[__ARChecksize] not found
Patch:[__ARHandler] not found
Patch:[ARQPostRequest] not found
Patch:[C_MTXPerspective] not found
Patch:[C_MTXLightPerspective] not found
Patch:[OSGetResetButtonState] not found
Patch:[__OSInitAudioSystem] not found
Patch:[__DSPHandler] not found
Patch:[SIEnablePollingInterrupt] not found
Patch:[PADRead] not found
Patch:[PADControlAllMotors] not found
Patch:[PADControlMotor] not found
Patch:[PADIsBarrel] not found
Patch:[__PADSetSamplingRate] not found
Patch:[__CARDReadStatus] not found
Patch:[__CARDClearStatus] not found
Patch:[__CARDStat] not found
Patch:[ReadROM] not found
Patch:[__OSReadROM] not found
Patch:Using a EXI Timing of 1900
Jumping to 0x80003154
Got Shutdown button call
EXI: Saving memory card(s)...Done!

Can anyone confirm if there's a way to make an Animal Crossing (PAL) inject work using a trimmed game? Am I doing something wrong, is the injector script doing something wrong, are the trimming tools doing something wrong or is Nintendont doing something wrong? I'm stumped.

Last edited by xxNathanxx,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm trying to get Animal Crossing (PAL) to work on a PAL Wii U using the WiiVC injector script. The game works fine if I inject the full, untouched ISO, but because this takes up a lot more space than it should (the game itself is tiny), I want to use a compressed/trimmed/shrunk ISO. However, I've tried trimming the ISO with Gamecube ISO Tool, and injected the resulting file, but when I start it after installing, after the Wii logo appears, a green bar appears in the center of the screen (I presume it's the game's title screen trying to start up) for a split second, then the screen stays black, and the only way to get out of there is to press the power button on the Wii U itself. Using the power options on the gamepad doesn't have any effect, and the home button doesn't do anything either. I then tried trimming the ISO with GCMUtility (which interestingly resulted in a smaller file than with the previous tool), injected and installed it, but again after starting it, the Wii logo appeared, followed by the green bar for a split second, and then the black screen. All of my other injected GameCube games work fine when trimmed, so I really don't understand why this one is being annoying.

Here's a debug log of the inject made with the GCM produced by GCMUtility, not sure if it provides any useful information.

Code:
Nintendont IOS255 v255.255
Built   : Oct  8 2019 03:21:53
Version : 6.489
Game path: di
EXIInit Start
EXI: Trying to open /saves/GAFP.raw
EXI: Trying to open /saves/GAFP_B.raw
EXI: Slot B has been disabled.
Kernel Start
DIP:Apploader, preparing to patch
DIP:DOL Size:132484 MinOff:0x00003100 MaxOff:0x0002BD80
DIP:DOL EntryPoint::0x80002F90, GameEntry::0x80003154
Patch:Offset:0x00003100 EOffset:0x0002BD80 Length:00028C80
Patch:Game ID = 47414650
Patch:[SI] applied 12 times
Patch:[AI] applied 12 times
Patch:[DI] applied 42 times
Patch:[OSExceptionInit] skipped (0x000060F4)
Patch:[SetInterruptMask] applied (0x00008F18)
Patch:[__OSDispatchInterrupt] applied (0x00009300)
Patch:[__OSResetSWInterruptHandler] applied (0x0000A184)
Patch:[__DVDInterruptHandler]: 0x0000BEB4 (0x0000BEB4)
Patch:[ARStartDMA] applied (0x00010654)
Patch:[patch_fwrite_Log] skipped (0x000197B4)
Patch:[EXIImm A] applied (0x0001D8F8)
Patch:[EXIDMA A] applied (0x0001DBF4)
Patch:[EXIDMA] ChanLen:00000040
Patch:[EXISync B] applied (0x0001DCE0)
Patch:[__EXIProbe A] applied (0x0001DF74)
Patch:[EXISelect A] applied (0x0001E2B0)
Patch:[EXIDeselect A] applied (0x0001E3DC)
Patch:[EXIntrruptHandler B] applied (0x0001E4F0)
Patch:[TCIntrruptHandler B] applied (0x0001E5B8)
Patch:[EXILock A] applied (0x0001EA70)
Patch:[EXIUnlock A] applied (0x0001EBBC)
Patch:[CompleteTransfer A] applied (0x0001F608)
Patch:[SIInit A] applied (0x0001FC70)
Patch:[SIInterruptHandler] applied (0x0001F8D4)
Patch:[SIInterruptHandler] applied (0x0001FA00)
Patch:[__SITransfer A] applied (0x0001FD24)
Patch:[__SITransfer A] applied (0x0001FE0C)
Patch:[SIGetType A] applied (0x000204A0)
Patch:[SIInit] applied (0x0001FCC0)
Patch:[__GXSetVAT] not found
Patch:[GXInitTlutObj] not found
Patch:[GXLoadTlut] not found
Patch:[ARInit] not found
Patch:[__ARChecksize] not found
Patch:[__ARHandler] not found
Patch:[ARQPostRequest] not found
Patch:[C_MTXPerspective] not found
Patch:[C_MTXLightPerspective] not found
Patch:[OSGetResetButtonState] not found
Patch:[__OSInitAudioSystem] not found
Patch:[__DSPHandler] not found
Patch:[SIEnablePollingInterrupt] not found
Patch:[PADRead] not found
Patch:[PADControlAllMotors] not found
Patch:[PADControlMotor] not found
Patch:[PADIsBarrel] not found
Patch:[__PADSetSamplingRate] not found
Patch:[__CARDReadStatus] not found
Patch:[__CARDClearStatus] not found
Patch:[__CARDStat] not found
Patch:[ReadROM] not found
Patch:[__OSReadROM] not found
Patch:Using a EXI Timing of 1900
Jumping to 0x80003154
Got Shutdown button call
EXI: Saving memory card(s)...Done!

Can anyone confirm if there's a way to make an Animal Crossing (PAL) inject work using a trimmed game? Am I doing something wrong, is the injector script doing something wrong, are the trimming tools doing something wrong or is Nintendont doing something wrong? I'm stumped.
yes you need to use dmtoolbox to trim and not bad trimmers like gcisotool that desync the iso, use dmtoolbox and check the 32k alligment option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1