Hacking Nintendont

NOT_ALEXANDER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put it back, and I just swapped the last two buttons.
Omg yes this is what I've wanted this whole time.
I can't ask for anything else, and I wish I had the time to learn how to do something like this on my own.
Thank you so much, I've had a few rough days recently so this really made my day. Again thanks for everything.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was confusing, that's for sure. I did mix up x and y, so I had to look at my switch pro controller. when you said you wanted it like the gamecube controller, I didn't look it up, and I couldn't remember the button layout on there, but at least we now know how to swap buttons for other controllers.

NOT_ALEXANDER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was confusing, that's for sure. I did mix up x and y, so I had to look at my switch pro controller. when you said you wanted it like the gamecube controller, I didn't look it up, and I couldn't remember the button layout on there, but at least we now know how to swap buttons for other controllers.
I do hope to find out why the normal method with the .ini and other stuff didn't work, I know I followed all possible solutions exactly, but I'm just too content to really think about it now. At least someone one day with my exact issue might find this and benefit maybe. I'm just gonna spend the rest of the day trying this out. Thanks again, I'll take my leave now.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do hope to find out why the normal method with the .ini and other stuff didn't work, I know I followed all possible solutions exactly, but I'm just too content to really think about it now. At least someone one day with my exact issue might find this and benefit maybe. I'm just gonna spend the rest of the day trying this out. Thanks again, I'll take my leave now.
I have an idea why it didn't work. if you look in the picture when I found the button code, both the ini as well as the code were the same for those buttons, so you probably have to change them manually. did you change the buttons in the ini? if so, I do not know. I've never tried using one of the ini files.

NOT_ALEXANDER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an idea why it didn't work. if you look in the picture when I found the button code, both the ini as well as the code were the same for those buttons, so you probably have to change them manually. did you change the buttons in the ini? if so, I do not know. I've never tried using one of the ini files.
All the instructions I found just said to edit the .ini by swapping around the 10 20 40 80 to remap the buttons, and then save them in the right spots with the proper names. I got no clue why it didn't work, it's just a question for someone else who's more educated on the inner workings of this stuff.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found where it searches for ini files. some of it got cut off, but you can still make it out:

1683217582454.png

Deleted member 429758

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I'm using the Wii U Inject to play Gamecube games. Is there any way to prevent Nintendont to swap L and R to ZL and ZR in the Wii U Gamepad controller? I don't know what to do to use the L and R to the same buttons in the gamepad and Z to ZL and ZR. Of course, is the same issue running Nintendont though the vWii.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the Wii U Inject to play Gamecube games. Is there any way to prevent Nintendont to swap L and R to ZL and ZR in the Wii U Gamepad controller? I don't know what to do to use the L and R to the same buttons in the gamepad and Z to ZL and ZR. Of course, is the same issue running Nintendont though the vWii.
Gamepad buttons are in padreadgc.c. it's called wiidrc in the file. Compile. You can use msys as I can no longer Compile it with cmd prompt or powershell. The above was done in msys.
Post automatically merged:

try this:

Attachments

• nintendont.zip
    1 MB · Views: 39
Last edited by godreborn,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
why would you want the gamecube bottom triggers to be the gamepad upper triggers? makes no sense lol so your z button will now be the under trigger? well good luck with that, seems awful imo.

Reactions: september796

Enmet

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello. I want to play the japanese game chibi-robo on nintendont. When I first start the game it runs fine, although when I close the game and start it again, the console simply shuts down. When I checked my SD card, I noticed that the .raw file (save data) is 16.472KB, much bigger than the other .raw files, which are 2.048KB. I deleted it and then the game started fine again, but after I close the game and boot it again, the console goes back to shutting off. I'm almost sure the .raw file has something to do with it. I didn't touch any of the nintendont settings. What can I do?
1684159403516.png

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to delete that save and change Nintendont settings to use the 59 or 251 block emulated meme our card as the 16mb is too large for Nintendont to handle.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello. I want to play the japanese game chibi-robo on nintendont. When I first start the game it runs fine, although when I close the game and start it again, the console simply shuts down. When I checked my SD card, I noticed that the .raw file (save data) is 16.472KB, much bigger than the other .raw files, which are 2.048KB. I deleted it and then the game started fine again, but after I close the game and boot it again, the console goes back to shutting off. I'm almost sure the .raw file has something to do with it. I didn't touch any of the nintendont settings. What can I do?View attachment 371510
sadly there is an error with the jap version of chibi robo in nintendont you need to use a wii with gc ports and a real memory card to save, for whatever reason that game currupts nintendont memory card but only the jap version, the pal and ntsc do work fine.
so far no one found a fix for the jap version saving on mcemu, is there any specific reason why you need the jap version? if you really want jap version of chibi robo you can play the wii version they made New play control chibi robo.

You need to delete that save and change Nintendont settings to use the 59 or 251 block emulated meme our card as the 16mb is too large for Nintendont to handle.
he isnt doing anything wrong, when chibirobo jap saves it corrupts the savefile and makes it 16mb and corrupt for whatever reason.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he isnt doing anything wrong, when chibirobo jap saves it corrupts the savefile and makes it 16mb and corrupt for whatever reason.
I wasn't aware of that. I wonder if a patch is mis-identifying a pattern in that game just like what was happening with the Pikmin 2 end credits.

Enmet

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
sadly there is an error with the jap version of chibi robo in nintendont you need to use a wii with gc ports and a real memory card to save, for whatever reason that game currupts nintendont memory card but only the jap version, the pal and ntsc do work fine.
so far no one found a fix for the jap version saving on mcemu, is there any specific reason why you need the jap version? if you really want jap version of chibi robo you can play the wii version they made New play control chibi robo.
oh...that's too bad. i want to play the japanese version because i study japanese and want to play games in japanese. guess i'll play the wii version then. thank you.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to have two USB controllers working at the same time? Like for multiplayer games.
Unfortunately as far as I am aware you can only ever use one USB HID controller. The only exception is if you use the Nintendo USB GameCube Controller adapter. Either the official one or the Mayflash will work and you will able to use up to 4 GameCube controllers at the same time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It must be poop day