Hacking Nintendont

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really like to bring up old news, but it seems odd that those who know what happened to @FIX94 are seemingly keeping quiet on it. Having deleted the thread and all. I have been wondering for a few years why he seemed to disappear, and now I know. Thanks to A.I.

Why has it been 'memory-holed' so to speak from this website? It wouldn't have something to do with coinciding with a certain roulette jab now would it?

I am not saying he took it as I'm not sure. But this seems a disservice to one of the best homebrew Wii developers.

Last edited by _47iscool,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't really like to bring up old news, but it seems odd that those who know what happened to @FIX94 are seemingly keeping quiet on it. Having deleted the thread and all. I have been wondering for a few years why he seemed to disappear, and now I know. Thanks to A.I.

Why has it been 'memory-holed' so to speak from this website? It wouldn't have something to do with coinciding with a certain roulette jab now would it?

I am not saying he took it as I'm not sure. But this seems a disservice to one of the best homebrew Wii developers.

I don't even know what happened at all, if you do that's news to me.

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by _47iscool,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

september796

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
just like deflickering has been achieved to improved the vWii, can't wait til some dev finds out how to fix the extra input lag compared to Wii U mode.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Only the people who runs this site know of it. If they have backups from that time they could tell us.

The exact date it gave me for this very unfortunate event was January 2, 2021.
I also dont know what happened to him, he just disappeared, if the thread title is anything to go by and it says rip then i fear for the worse.

• Sad
Reactions: _47iscool

purplegreendave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Having issues with Dualsense controller. Most frustrating part is that it almost works.

Injected a game with UWUVCI. Used a fresh SD card (no leftover files from previously using Teconmoon). Allowed UWUVCI to pull nintendont files and create a config.
Downloaded controller_ps5.ini from /nintendont/controllerconfigs on Github. Renamed to controller.ini and placed in the root of my SD.

Launch the game with the WiiMote, choose not to use Gamepad, choose TV Only.
Once I get to the initial game screen (choose progressive mode) and confirm it has launched, I plug my controller in on the front USB.

I get functionality from the face buttons, sticks and d-pad. R1 Tracks to Z.
This is where it gets odd:
L2 works for the left trigger as far as I can tell.
R2 works for the right trigger, can register the difference between a half press and a full press (FLUDD). But it ALSO registers as a Left Trigger. So any time I Hit R2 on my Dualsense (doesn't matter if it's a full or half press), the game thinks I'm pressing the L AND R Trigger simultaneously.

I tried plugging it into HIDTest on Wii U HBC so I could fix the config file myself but got no output.
Plugged it into my PC and ran HIDTest-0.2.jar but the output was a constant stream of info in the terminal that was too fast to read.

Any ideas?

There's a github issue and apparently changing DigitalLR to 1 instead of 2.
https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/issues/1155

I'm going to try that today but I'm guessing you'll lose the half press so games like Sunshine won't be playable.
Post automatically merged:

Ok I'm double posting but I've made a bit of progress so I though a second post would be ok.

Shoulder Buttons:
Pressing R2 does send an R Trigger command, and it can tell the difference between a full press and a half press. Issue is that for some reason it also sends an L trigger command which makes it useless.
I noticed that the inputs for L and R are both at "byte" 9 (counting starts at 0, so byte 9 is the 10th entry)
L=9,04 R=9,08

When compared to the DS4 config, they're at separate bytes.
L=8,F0 R=9,F0

So I figured that's why R2 does both - it sees the value increase by 04 and 08. Pressing L2 only increases it by 04, so that one works without interfering.

I deleted both lines just to see what would happen and tested a game. Now they didn’t interfere with each other anymore, but could ONLY register a half press. Obviously we want to be able to send a full press when needed.

I found this other page on github; most of it's gibberish to me, but he has a tool that runs from a Chromium browser:
https://nondebug.github.io/dualsense/dualsense-explorer.html

With that I could look at what the controller was outputting when a button was pressed. This could also be done with HIDTest, (downloadable from the HIDtoVPAD Network Client Github page). With HIDTest, it's very hard to read the output because the gyroscope and accelerometer are constantly sending tiny amounts of data and the corresponding bytes are changing so fast it gives you a headache to look at. With this online tool it was easier on my eyes to see what was happening.

I noticed from comparing the config.ini and the online tool that the half presses are registered at a different byte to the full presses:
LAnalog=5 RAnalog=6

I added the value of a full press at those addresses back in place of the lines I had deleted earlier.
L=5,F
F
R=6,FF

Checked with Mario Sunshine and I had proper half and full press of R2 as well as full press of L2.

In hindsight, I might have been able to figure that out by comparing with the DS4v2 ini, but I needed the tool's visual aid to get me there.

Face Buttons:
The Face buttons make sense if you're comparing to the Wii U Gamepad; A=Circle, B=X etc.
Gamecube has a wonky layout, but it's easy enough to swap those 4 around.

Old:
A=8,40 (Circle) B=8,20 (X) X=8,80 (Triangle) Y=8,10 (Square)

New:
A=8,20 (X) B=8,10 (Square) X=8,40 (Circle) Y=8,80 (Triangle)

Rumble
Rumble might be impossible, but I wanted to try.
PS2 has several entries in its config relating to Rumble: https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/blob/master/controllerconfigs/controller_ps2.ini
I was looking for what those entries meant, when I came across someone trying to do the same with the Stadia controller: https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/issues/1080

Going off of that, I went back to my browser with nondebug's tool open. I don't know what wizardry he has going on, but when you press a trigger the controller starts to vibrate. I checked the output panel and noticed that the first line went from:
02 FF F7 00 00
To
02 FF F7 FF FF

So I spat out the code:
Rumble=1 RumbleType=0 RumbleDataLen=05 RumbleDataOn=0x02,0xff,0xf7,0xff,0xff RumbleDataOff=0x02,0xff,0xf7,0x00,0x00 RumbleTransferLen=05 RumbleTransfers=1

So far it's not working, I also tried RumbleType=1, but I'll have another go later.

I've attached my progress. I can't upload an ini so I changed the extension to txt, just change it back to test.

Attachments

• controller_ps5_new.txt
    467 bytes · Views: 20
Last edited by purplegreendave,

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP

I don't know what happened to hm exactly (fix94) but in general. But I can say this, people in the scene sometimes just want a different life. I remember when the Nocash emulator disappeared for a while. People thought the same thing about him.

https://problemkaputt.de/gbanew.htm

Just look between version 2.6b and 2.7. He came back around the time 3DS was released, They are more examples like this of devs just disappearing from the scene.

I mean, we would not just delete a rest in peace thread for no reason. It was most likely a troll who created that thread asking for new feature, when they saw Fix94 was not active any more.

Above reason is one off many reason devs just disappear, people just demand after demand like the dev owe them something.

Again, I don't know what happened to Fix94. Even if I did. I wouldn't say. But i don't know.

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what happened to hm exactly (fix94) but in general. But I can say this, people in the scene sometimes just want a different life. I remember when the Nocash emulator disappeared for a while. People thought the same thing about him.

https://problemkaputt.de/gbanew.htm

Just look between version 2.6b and 2.7. He came back around the time 3DS was released, They are more examples like this of devs just disappearing from the scene.

I mean, we would not just delete a rest in peace thread for no reason. It was most likely a troll who created that thread asking for new feature, when they saw Fix94 was not active any more.

Above reason is one off many reason devs just disappear, people just demand after demand like the dev owe them something.

Again, I don't know what happened to Fix94. Even if I did. I wouldn't say. But i don't know.

I hope you are right.

But, if he did pass, maybe the thread was deleted because a family member of his wanted it to be deleted.

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just want a different life.
That's what some people find it hard to accept. When the passion for something is gone, it's gone. And it can be really hard to ignite that passion again. Especially for something that started out as a hobby project.

Reactions: Flame

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is this the most up to date Nintendont compatibility list?
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Nintendont_Compatibility_List

Under the "Wide" column, many games are marked ✔¹ or ✔² but I don't see any footnotes to explain what the ^1 and ^2 are for?
most of those widescreen reports are wrong i bet, this was a community list so take it as you always take it, i think one is native widescreen and and 2 forced widescreen.some games have widescreen already in them made by the devs.

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does anyone use the WUP-028 with original gamecube controllers with extention cables?
I wonder what would be the best option, buy an extention cable for each controller separate (4 in my case), or buy 2 usb extention cables for the WUP-028. If anyone has an idea, can you please share it?

FrostyKap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a Wii U 2 weeks ago and have been researching the modding scene. I have dumped countless hours into research and I am stuck at the moment. Every time that I go to start a gamecube game, my Wii U becomes stuck on the “Set display to progressive mode?” screen. My WiiMote works perfectly fine up until this point. I have used Aroma for the WiiU and have installed USB Loader GX, Nintendont, HomeBrew Browser, d2x_cIOS_Installer, and Patched_IOS80_Installer_for_vWii. I feel like i’m so close, yet so far. I’ve tried changing the progressive mode setting to on in the Nintendont Settings to no prevail. I have tried to include all info in this post but feel free to ask if i’ve forgotten something!

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I bought a Wii U 2 weeks ago and have been researching the modding scene. I have dumped countless hours into research and I am stuck at the moment. Every time that I go to start a gamecube game, my Wii U becomes stuck on the “Set display to progressive mode?” screen. My WiiMote works perfectly fine up until this point. I have used Aroma for the WiiU and have installed USB Loader GX, Nintendont, HomeBrew Browser, d2x_cIOS_Installer, and Patched_IOS80_Installer_for_vWii. I feel like i’m so close, yet so far. I’ve tried changing the progressive mode setting to on in the Nintendont Settings to no prevail. I have tried to include all info in this post but feel free to ask if i’ve forgotten something!

You can't use a wiimote without attachment in nintendont. What about thre gamepad? You can change it to gamepad in the settings of Nintendont.
Are you using the latest version of Nintendont?

FrostyKap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't use a wiimote without attachment in nintendont. What about thre gamepad? You can change it to gamepad in the settings of Nintendont.
Thanks for the reply! I've tried using a gamecube controller with a usb tap, Wiimote and Nunchuck, and GamePad but nothing seems to connect.
Post automatically merged:

Also, I am using the latest version of Nintendont

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it sounds like you may need to store a game in the "games" folder on your SD card, then boot it once manually with nintendont for the settings to stick

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...