Hacking Nintendont

Monkeyballz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read the tutorial and from what I can tell it is saying I cannot store the game files on my hidden usb drive with my wii games because I would have to remove my wii u formatted usb before launching????

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

eff_me

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have tried reading, but 2100 pages is a lot to go through. i can use my gamecube ciontroller in the nintendont app. meaning i can select usbor sd. go into settings and use the controller to make any changes i want. works fine. load a game lets say final fantasy crystal chronicles and the controller does not work. stuck at the intro sccreen and cant select new game or load game. multiple titles are like this. i was in smash bros melee and it was working fine..... however some change i made and now it doesnt work either. any help or suggestions?

wii running 4.2u
gamecube controller in port 1
have tried messing with nintendont settings, but have struck out and made it worse by no longer having mario kart double dash or smash bros melee work. those seemed to be the only 2 games that did work, now they dont. this happened a couple days ago when messing with nintendonts settings

MikeBeast12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have control testers seen this before?
thrustmaster-thrustmaster-dual-trigger-3-in-1-rumble-force-dual-trigger-3-in-1-original-imad5...jpeg
It's a ThrustMaster Dual Trigger 3-in-1 Force controller, and it tends to currently work on PS2, PS3 and PC. It also has 2 analog triggers, about 12 PC buttons, a home button if using a PlayStation 3, a preset button, force feedback, mappable button presets, analog/digital control mode and switches on the bottom. And it might be suitable to use a USB cable for Nintendont. Has this controller tested for Nintendont yet?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
so i have tried reading, but 2100 pages is a lot to go through. i can use my gamecube ciontroller in the nintendont app. meaning i can select usbor sd. go into settings and use the controller to make any changes i want. works fine. load a game lets say final fantasy crystal chronicles and the controller does not work. stuck at the intro sccreen and cant select new game or load game. multiple titles are like this. i was in smash bros melee and it was working fine..... however some change i made and now it doesnt work either. any help or suggestions?

wii running 4.2u
gamecube controller in port 1
have tried messing with nintendont settings, but have struck out and made it worse by no longer having mario kart double dash or smash bros melee work. those seemed to be the only 2 games that did work, now they dont. this happened a couple days ago when messing with nintendonts settings
is your gc controller on port1? like real port one of the 4 slot adapter? take a picture of your nintendont settings and then your adapter.

eff_me

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is your gc controller on port1? like real port one of the 4 slot adapter? take a picture of your nintendont settings and then your adapter.
its port 1. i have no adapters. just the controller plugged directly into the wii. this is an old wii. think we got it back in 2009. heres the pic of nintendonts settings. i have tried with native control on and off. as you can see it was set to off in the pic. i have tried using usb loader gx as well. couldnt figure out dios mios, and my games are long gone so devolution is out of the question. i modded this thing in 2014 when i still had the gamecube and games. i a little rusty on wii mod stuff, but i did update a lot of cios. 41 of them i think. the wii was acting funny on homebrew when i turned it on for the first time in several years.... probably 5 at least.... so i found out how to update it.

also, side note. worth going to 4.3? its always been at 4.2 and when the 4.3 update was coming out,there was no mod available and we soon forgot about it
IMG_20240109_180411.jpg

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
its port 1. i have no adapters. just the controller plugged directly into the wii. this is an old wii. think we got it back in 2009. heres the pic of nintendonts settings. i have tried with native control on and off. as you can see it was set to off in the pic. i have tried using usb loader gx as well. couldnt figure out dios mios, and my games are long gone so devolution is out of the question. i modded this thing in 2014 when i still had the gamecube and games. i a little rusty on wii mod stuff, but i did update a lot of cios. 41 of them i think. the wii was acting funny on homebrew when i turned it on for the first time in several years.... probably 5 at least.... so i found out how to update it.

also, side note. worth going to 4.3? its always been at 4.2 and when the 4.3 update was coming out,there was no mod available and we soon forgot about it
View attachment 413014
if you are using the wii you can try turning native controls on it will disable any bt controllers and usb controllers and the exit combo but will will do native wii gc ports read but you are sure its port 1? because you said smash bros and mario kart worked, those games work in all the ports since they are multiplayer games, so if you have your controller in port 4 most games wont let you control them.

eff_me

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you are using the wii you can try turning native controls on it will disable any bt controllers and usb controllers and the exit combo but will will do native wii gc ports read but you are sure its port 1? because you said smash bros and mario kart worked, those games work in all the ports since they are multiplayer games, so if you have your controller in port 4 most games wont let you control them.
its port 1. closest to the memory card slot

also, those games dont work anymore since i have messed with the settings even though i went back to how it was. turning native on or off doesnt change anything

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

also, those games dont work anymore since i have messed with the settings even though i went back to how it was. turning native on or off doesnt change anything
is your gc controller official? 3rd party? fake? are you sure the controller and wii gc ports are working perfectly?

do this go to your sd card or usb whatever you use to store nintendont and the isos and delete the config file ninconfig.bin then remake your settings.

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

closest to mc slot is port 4. port 1 is the one closest to power button.

eff_me

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh right lol he is using port 4 all this time...
hence my user name....... eff me, im going to try it out and see if it all works. thanks for showing me im a complete idiot sometimes
Post automatically merged:

oh right lol he is using port 4 all this time...
sure enough. it was the wrong port seems to be working now. havent tried many games yet, but the 3 i have tried, all now work. thank you guys.

also, think theres any benefit to going to 4.3u? im still on 4.2. i dont know the benefits of 4.3 over 4.2 other than the stupid update screen that pops up when we put in a disc.

Last edited by eff_me,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
hence my user name....... eff me, im going to try it out and see if it all works. thanks for showing me im a complete idiot sometimes

sure enough. it was the wrong port seems to be working now. havent tried many games yet, but the 3 i have tried, all now work. thank you guys.

also, think theres any benefit to going to 4.3u? im still on 4.2. i dont know the benefits of 4.3 over 4.2 other than the stupid update screen that pops up when we put in a disc.
no idea if there is any benefit or not my wii is on 4.3 for years and years.

playboycolor25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm struggling rn, I've been trying to play gc games on the wii for a week now. I've set the right route for the files, made sure there are no hidden extension, updated nintendont, but it still says sd:games/ not found. the gc games show up in usb loader gx but when i click start i either get an error, exception(dsi) occured, or it tells me that i have to have the dol file in the path. I've checked the paths as well, its all correct, I'm just confused and need help and it seems like alot of the information im looking for is either outdated or i have already done

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm struggling rn, I've been trying to play gc games on the wii for a week now. I've set the right route for the files, made sure there are no hidden extension, updated nintendont, but it still says sd:games/ not found. the gc games show up in usb loader gx but when i click start i either get an error, exception(dsi) occured, or it tells me that i have to have the dol file in the path. I've checked the paths as well, its all correct, I'm just confused and need help and it seems like alot of the information im looking for is either outdated or i have already done
Do you have a SysCheck report?

playboycolor25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've been trying to get ahold of that as well, im very new to modding but i can't seem to get the report either. it shows up on the application, but i can't seem to get it onto the sd card

SysCheck ME v2.5.0 by blackb0x, JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199 and Nano
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 12.18.2008
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Console ID: 14958****
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: United States (49)
Boot2 v4
Found 86 titles.
Found 49 IOS on this console. 15 of them are stubs.

IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6944): No Patches
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS248[38] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v11beta1): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v11beta1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v11beta1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS251[58] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v11beta1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Report generated on 01/23/2024.

Last edited by playboycolor25,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...