PS1/2 no FMV studdering with games running on USB in ps2 slims?

blueagent004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
i have a Fat PS2 SCPH-39004 and my friend has a slim PS2 SCPH-77004 i tested several games on both his and my PS2 ( shadow hearts 1 , Soul Reaver 2 , Dark Chronicles , Silent Hill 4 .. ) but i was tottally shocked about the result..
i mean the SLIM PS2 loads Games way way faster and the fmvs has less/or no stuttering at all , compared to my ps2 wich loads game fine but noticbly slower and the fmv stutter so much on mine compard to his ps2 ...
LINK

according to this individual, he didn't experience any FMV stuttering problems when playing games loaded from a usb drive onto a ps2 slim.

his experience seems to runs contrary to all the information i've read about the ps2 slim having the same exact same FMV stuttering problem due to it having the same USB1.0 port as the fat ps2.

can anyone let me know if what this person is saying is true or not? i don't have a slim ps2 so i can't test this out.

thanks for the help!

Last edited by blueagent004,

Snomannen_kalle

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
according to this individual, he didn't experience any FMV stuttering problems when playing games loaded from a usb drive onto a ps2 slim.

his experience seems to runs contrary to all the information i've read about the ps2 slim having the same exact same FMV stuttering problem due to it having the same USB1.0 port as the fat ps2.

can anyone let me know if what this person is saying is true or not? i don't have a slim ps2 so i can't test this out.

thanks for the help!
In my experience, some games stutter more than others, both on the slim and the phat HW revisions. For instance, Ratchet and Clank 1's FMVs stuttered so much on my PS2 slim to make it almost unplayable, through USB loading. I have tried other games that didn't suffer from this though, but can't remember which games I've tried at the moment. I have never tried loading games through USB on a phat, so can't say if they run better or worse on the slim. Either way, you are much better of if you either load games through SMB if you have a slim, or through an internal HDD if you have a phat

Reactions: blueagent004

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running the latest versions of OPL, depending on the game, has minimized the amount of FMV stuttering. Lower quality FMVs from games like Metal Slug Anthology do not have stuttering. High quality FMVs from games like Final Fantasy 12 still have some stutters, but the frequency of them have been reduced.

Last edited by zfreeman,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway