Hacking [No longer maintained] RajNX - starter pack for Nintendo Switch

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: which version should I be using RajNX or RajNX with LayeredFS? I'm using tinfoil to install NSPs. Any reason to use the Layered FS one? Also, if I've got one version set to autoboot, how do I trigger the cfw home menu again? @rajkosto

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you've got autoboot on, you have a few seconds (depends on your bootwait setting) to hit the VOL- button while the bootlogo is shown to enter the bootloader menu

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@rajkosto and how do you personalize the hb menu launch method?

You can edit the titleId and key combination required to launch hbmenu in rajnx_ipl.ini (see https://gbatemp.net/threads/rajnx-c...r-nintendo-switch.513785/page-12#post-8197034)

Reactions: crow132

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this cfw have any of that girly anime junk in it? 'cause i am not into those things...

No, it's nice and metro.

Quick question: which version should I be using RajNX or RajNX with LayeredFS? I'm using tinfoil to install NSPs. Any reason to use the Layered FS one? Also, if I've got one version set to autoboot, how do I trigger the cfw home menu again? @rajkosto

LayeredFS is used for game mods and has some compatibility issues with Homebrew; the latest version is [apparently, afaik] unstable, so use at your own discretion.

@rajkosto and how do you personalize the hb menu launch method?

Open Raj_ipl.ini and edit the section near the top. This specifies the System Title to use as the shortcut, the button to press, and if it should be held by default or not.

Reactions: crow132

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH MY GOD THANK YOU

I love making splashes!
custom splashes are just the best
now i can make it perfect
IMG_20180804_232400.jpg
it's so beautiful

tiliarou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It really depends what you want to do but with tinfoil now, not much reason to use layeredFS unless modding games.

Excalibur007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Current version: RajNX 0.7.2 (released on 05.08.2018)
FEATURES ...
  • Reduced telemetry by blocking eclct sysmodule from running, also uses creport that dumps to microSD instead of uploading to Nintendo.

Hi Raj, than you for your work. I have a couple follow up questions since your thread on manual updating.

Background: I've not had my Switch online since the 5.0 firmware came out because I wanted to stay on 4.1.0 for the time being.
I followed your tutorial for manually updating to 5.1.0 without burning fuses about 2 weeks ago, but have stayed offline for now.
I've not run any homebrew or done anything except backing up my 4.1.0 NAND and booted into Horizon using Hekate and AutoRCM, which is where I've stayed ever since, letting the Switch sleep, but not turning it off or going online.

I have no interest in homebrew "for now" and zero interest in piracy. The only thing I'm wanting to do is to be able to go online to update my games. I've been concerned about being banned for doing that while booted into stock firmware through Hekate. This release of yours sounds like it might be what I've been waiting for with its reduced telemetry.

Will this "most likely" keep me from being banned for going online to update my games? What is the process to go from my current state, (AutoRCM, booted Stock firmware with Hekate), to using your latest package to stay "as legit as possible" while preserving fuses and reducing telemetry to avoid being banned for what little I've done so far (backing up NAND and booting with Hekate).

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, if you dont want homebrew, you can just use the [stock] launch profile from this after updating with ChoiDujourNX. The reduced telemetry wont be active because its stock, but in this case all your telemetry is legit anyways ?
(ive gone online and played fortnite etc with [stock] on 5.1.0 with my fuses still on 1.0.0 and im still not banned)

Last edited by rajkosto,

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No, going online with installed games that have invalid tickets will get you banned regardless. It's not part of telemetry but online authentication for the game.

robbros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, going online with installed games that have invalid tickets will get you banned regardless. It's not part of telemetry but online authentication for the game.
what If i do not go online while playing? I can keep the games while playing legit ones or I have to delete everything first?

Excalibur007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, if you dont want homebrew, you can just use the [stock] launch profile from this after updating with ChoiDujourNX. The reduced telemetry wont be active because its stock, but in this case all your telemetry is legit anyways ?

Do I need to update something with ChoiDujourNX? I'm already on 5.1.0 from the manual update. Is my telemetry legit while being in AutoRCM and booted into Stock firmware with Hekate? This is a question I've not really seen answered except by ppl who say "you'll be banned for doing AutoRCM or Hekate!", but I'd like to hear from a more knowledgeable source, such as yourself.

Edit: All my games are legit cartridges and these are what I want to update... Also, to redeem some games from purchasing those cartridges, like Resident Evil Revelations 2 download code which came with RE Revelations 1 cartridge. And Bayonetta 1 download code which came with Bayonetta 2.

Last edited by Excalibur007,

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
what If i do not go online while playing? I can keep the games while playing legit ones or I have to delete everything first?

you will likely still have titles you do not own inside your play logs...

Do I need to update something with ChoiDujourNX? I'm already on 5.1.0 from the manual update. Is my telemetry legit while being in AutoRCM and booted into Stock firmware with Hekate? This is a question I've not really seen answered except by ppl who say "you'll be banned for doing AutoRCM or Hekate!", but I'd like to hear from a more knowledgeable source, such as yourself.

Edit: All my games are legit cartridges.

Reinstall 5.1.0 with ChoiDujourNX just in case, then keep using [stock].

Reactions: robbros

Echoing_Mediocrity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
custom splashes are just the best
now i can make it perfect
IMG_20180804_232400.jpg
it's so beautiful

Effin' lolz! That is so beautiful. It's amazing how much avatars can really fit a person's posts lol.

you will likely still have titles you do not own inside your play logs...

Reinstall 5.1.0 with ChoiDujourNX just in case, then keep using [stock].

I'm about to propose some nigh likely thought of logic bombs for you to mull on... Could one theoretically edit those logs to not include evidence of high seas treasonous swankery? Or is there some kind of encryption on those damned things?

Stupid voicing/ light joking aside; what would the likelihood of being able to simply edit the writing of the log process or the logs themselves? I'm sure a solution this simple would have already been thought of, but I'm curious lol

Last edited by Echoing_Mediocrity,

Echoing_Mediocrity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anything is possible with enough custom sysmodules
"Through sheer numbers of the Sysmodules that strengthen me, all things are possible." ~The Bible, or something.
Again, my garbage totally hilarious humour aside, why didn't people think of this kind of thing with 360/PS3 I wonder? Would the same roadblocks there exist here?

Reactions: Darth Meteos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @HiradeGirl, This commercial doesn't need to be made.