Hacking [No longer maintained] RajNX - starter pack for Nintendo Switch

Excalibur007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reinstall 5.1.0 with ChoiDujourNX just in case, then keep using [stock].

Do you know if it gets logged when we use Tegrasmash? Does anyone know what might be in my logs from what I've described (AutoRCM, Hekate to boot Stock firmware, all legit cartridges)?

It looks like to re-install 5.1.0 using ChoiDujourNX, I need to launch that with the homebrewmenu. I've been avoiding the hbmenu and any hb apps because of them getting logged and increased chance of being banned. Would I not be better off then, to just stay as I am and go ahead online to update my games? What benefit is there to re-installing 5.1.0 with ChoiDujourNX? (I'm really trying to understand, not being sarcastic).

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
"Through sheer numbers of the Sysmodules that strengthen me, all things are possible." ~The Bible, or something.
Again, my garbage totally hilarious humour aside, why didn't people think of this kind of thing with 360/PS3 I wonder? Would the same roadblocks there exist here?

the security was a lot more strict on the 360, to the effect of checking memory checksums and receiving randomized payloads from microsoft that could check any aspect of a system while you are connected to Live.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Echoing_Mediocrity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the security was a lot more strict on the 360, to the effect of checking memory checksums and receiving randomized payloads from microsoft that could check any aspect of a system while you are connected to Live.
Why does Ninty taking a big step backwards from last gen not shock me? Lolol

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you know if it gets logged when we use Tegrasmash? Does anyone know what might be in my logs from what I've described (AutoRCM, Hekate to boot Stock firmware, all legit cartridges)?

It looks like to re-install 5.1.0 using ChoiDujourNX, I need to launch that with the homebrewmenu. I've been avoiding the hbmenu and any hb apps because of them getting logged and increased chance of being banned. Would I not be better off then, to just stay as I am and go ahead online to update my games? What benefit is there to re-installing 5.1.0 with ChoiDujourNX? (I'm really trying to understand, not being sarcastic).

homebrew is just logged as launching album or whatever applet you are overriding with it. It's only when homebrew erorred out in the past and error logs were not suppressed, that it got sent as suspicious to nintendo.
while some PMC registers do show that you are booted via RCM, this is not checked or logged in Horizon OS so far, some sort of protection against that is possible to be created when the time comes for it.

Last edited by rajkosto,
Reactions: xabier

Excalibur007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
homebrew is just logged as launching album or whatever applet you are overriding with it. It's only when homebrew erorred out in the past and error logs were not suppressed, that it got sent as suspicious to nintendo.
while some PMC registers do show that you are booted via RCM, this is not checked or logged in Horizon OS so far, some sort of protection against that is possible to be created when the time comes for it.

I see.

Would I not be better off then, to just stay as I am and go ahead online to update my games? What benefit is there to re-installing 5.1.0 with ChoiDujourNX? (I'm really trying to understand, not being sarcastic).

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I see.

Would I not be better off then, to just stay as I am and go ahead online to update my games? What benefit is there to re-installing 5.1.0 with ChoiDujourNX? (I'm really trying to understand, not being sarcastic).

I don't know what version of ChoiDujour you used when you manually updated, or what state the index files on my server were... So you may have some missing NCAs on your system if you are running exfat, which ChoiDujourNX will install if you let it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My bad i missed the steps..now it is installing fine
@rajkosto will the installed title run out of the box or i need to add sigpatches as it mentioned on tinfoil thread only SX OS runs it

Why not try it ? Depends on what you are installing, really. (you shouldnt need to edit anything manually)

Last edited by rajkosto,
Reactions: KsAmJ

Excalibur007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what version of ChoiDujour you used when you manually updated, or what state the index files on my server were... So you may have some missing NCAs on your system if you are running exfat, which ChoiDujourNX will install if you let it.

I used ChoiDujour110.zip
Yes, SD is formatted exfat. Had the exfat update legit from before when I was on 4.1.0.

Last edited by Excalibur007,

aut0mat3d

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
OK, i am a happy camper with Rajx now for two days. I like the customization Options, thanks for the customizable hblaunch!
@rajkosto To make small changes on SD it would be neat to have memloader funcionality (with exit options) included in the Payload. Would that be possible?

rajkosto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No one has done it because it would involve a lot of code and messing around with usb module which has completely changed for 5.x (undocumented) vs older versions, and also Horizon OS does not support microSD hotswap.

Last edited by rajkosto,
Reactions: jakkal

Smurfhunter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you impliment redirecting sdcard to USB storage device?

It baffles me how now one put this in yet
Can you point me to the right direction into coding this in myself?

Agreed. FTP is too slow and requires you connect to the switch over wifi, on top of other issues, which would all be eliminated with the ability to do this.

Raj, please quote those you're replying to so we know who you're replying to

Reactions: DarthDub

Retromania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you Rajkosto for your CFW. Clearly your contributions to the scene speaks for itself.

I've been holding off modifying my 3.02 switch for a while, but with the release of RaJNX (& ChoiDujourNX) now its easier than ever. Will take the plunge this weekend.

Couple of questions:
1. Do you have a proposed list of features you're thinking of implementing?
2. Are you looking at creating an xci loader similar to SxOS? This would surely put the RajNX well beyond whats currently available.

Garrincho

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
So in order to update, you just have to drop the new files on the sd card and overwrite everything? What about configs on the .ini file?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Insurance is one those things you pay all your life for, no questions asked, all is fine, they take your money. And as soon as you make a claim or something happens, they never want to payout or help, just fight you on everything if it cost them any of your money.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've never had a car accident, but I bet I've paid thousands/ million into car insurance that ill never see a dime of prob. Is crazy, but its the law.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Liability, drive a old car fuck all that over priced fancy crap
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    When you buy a new car, or have a bank loan on it, you have to have full coverage, but yea its a racket
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    u guys on crack? I got in auto accident and insurance paid $6500 to fix my car. they don't pay? whatever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But think about how much you have paid them over the years, prob way more than 6500, but that's life, not like we have a choice. Gotta have to cover your ass.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You probably drive some fancy dandy electric car that the salesman told you would get you bitches
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He drives a BMW or Benz I think I remember him talking about a $500 oil change
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The secret sauce is, they raise your rates after an accident. You get to pay them back lol
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    volkswagen beetle
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi couldn't pay hospital bills lol.
    He found out how much the ambulance ride was going to cost lol
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, so one the salesman told him would get him bitches
    +2
    In my experience women like a big shift stick with lots of power.
    Something that really burns rubbers
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing a nice car will get you is a gold digger. What happened to falling in love, no matter if I'm on a bus, or driving a nice car. No offense tho, I do like nice cars.
    +1
    Nothing like tearing ass up on a back road
    BigOnYa I think narcissism has all but killed love
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I think I can agree on that.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People tend to think look at everything I have gains attention but ends up making them look worse for what it is
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It would be funny to pick up a girl in a real expensive car, then next date show up in a piece o shit car just to see her reaction. If she was real, it wouldn't matter.
    Everyone is disposable and replaceable, lies and deception are the coin of the realm. I have never felt so alone and so at odds with the world.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we should see others as disposable just if they can show any glimps of care about humanity should be forgiven
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I don't think we should see others as disposable just if they can show any glimps of care about...