Homebrew [No Longer Working] Community freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Music player is still not working in freeShop as of 4.1.3... And "Play eShop music" function is broken and plays the earliest cached theme, moving the circle pad down or up will make it change to a newer one or even CRASH the 3DS system.

I suggest removing the music tab and disabling the music function in freeShop until it is fixed. Otherwise everyone will keep trying to use it and keep posting about it here in this thread.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Music player is still not working in freeShop as of 4.1.3... And "Play eShop music" function is broken and plays the earliest cached theme, moving the circle pad down or up will make it change to a newer one or even CRASH the 3DS system.

Here, try this to get eShop BGM working again:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/update-11-7-and-homebrew.507916/page-4#post-8069018

Regular music player's been borked for a while. No clue where in those lines of code. Debugging is tricky business.

I suggest removing the music tab and disabling the music function in freeShop until it is fixed. Otherwise everyone will keep trying to use it and keep posting about it here in this thread.

Easier said than done. Without special care and diligence and depending how flexible the source code is, a rewrite or disabling key features can lead to breaking more functions. Due to passing the freeshop torch several times between successor developers, there are underlying core parts that can't be easily modified because each programmer has to basically reverse engineer how and why their predecessor wrote a subset of code the way they did. This is made worse if the original programmer did not leave documentations and comments explaining their thought process or he/she cannot be reached for clarification.

xXPaulMCXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here, try this to get eShop BGM working again:

Regular music player's been borked for a while. No clue where in those lines of code. Debugging is tricky business.

Easier said than done. Without special care and diligence and depending how flexible the source code is, a rewrite or disabling key features can lead to breaking more functions. Due to passing the freeshop torch several times between successor developers, there are underlying core parts that can't be easily modified because each programmer has to basically reverse engineer how and why their predecessor wrote a subset of code the way they did. This is made worse if the original programmer did not leave documentations and comments explaining their thought process or he/she cannot be reached for clarification.
It's not too hard tbh, you'll just have to work with it and then you'll learn how everything works automatically

Gesendet von meinem SM-A320FL mit Tapatalk

Gamefreak_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you pressing the start button?
Not pressing anything. It gives me an arm11 crash error with the option to save the log or shutdown. It just does this at a random time each time I use it but it never did this in the previous 3DS patch that I was on (11.6).

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not pressing anything. It gives me an arm11 crash error with the option to save the log or shutdown. It just does this at a random time each time I use it but it never did this in the previous 3DS patch that I was on (11.6).

Try reinstalling freeshop with these steps to see if it'll fix your issue:

If you were using freeShop without eShop background music, there's a bug where you may crash trying to queue download with (X) button. The crash happens too with pressing (Start) to exit out.

Deleted member 446461

Trophies
XP
You don't know me, but my name's Sai
I'm just a freeshop loving guy
And I think this fork might be worth a try
So I say... Let it grooow.
My name is weird, but I'm Jesús.
My console's SD just died!
I searched up the stuff I had, and I've just found about this fork...
I got some interest for this, so I say let it grow! :yay3ds:

Reactions: saltysalamander

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1