Homebrew [No Longer Working] Community freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It already supports direct link to cias just fine...

If you meant a list, it's "just" a matter of hosting another TitleDB, and compiling FBI with the address of this other server!

Yes, thought freeshop just got the ticket to download of the CNS, rather then a .cia

Anyway they was one new titleDB with 0 added to the site it self.
http://3ds.jdbye.com

Missing all for now.

Maybe new encrypted title's are needed, from real eshop downloads, Could imagine it would take a long time.

Last edited by drwhojan, , Reason: Added info.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Since freeShop doesn't work. Is anyone going to fork the project to develop a BCSTM player as a Homebrew App for 3DS? Please? It would be really awesome to do it without having to be connected to the internet all the time~ ^^

Because there really isn't any standalone BCSTM player except for vgmstream-3DS, which hasn't been updated since four years ago and plays the sound files in extremely low quality.
Unfortunately freeShop's BCSTM player is very hit or miss and only works for some people for unknown reasons. Someone did make a standalone version of freeShop's which suffers the same problems.

Reactions: ConKonner

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, the thread is incredibly confusing. I mean, look at the first two sentences:
freeShop is fixed. No fixes are available.

The title says it's broken, the first line says it's fixed, and the second line says there are no fixes.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ConKonner

Dionicio3

goat
OP
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, the thread is incredibly confusing. I mean, look at the first two sentences:

The title says it's broken, the first line says it's fixed, and the second line says there are no fixes.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
Fixed that

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Unfortunately freeShop's BCSTM player is very hit or miss and only works for some people for unknown reasons. Someone did make a standalone version of freeShop's which suffers the same problems.
Pretty sure the last version of freeShop by Paul had a perfectly working BCSTM. It was only the community built one that regressed, I'm pretty sure.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I rarely ask this, but is there really any reason why this thread is still open? Like there's not much we can do from here, Nintendo won this battle.
People may still want to talk about it, and the OP and title are pretty clear that it no longer works as it originally did so I don't think there's a problem as long as it doesn't turn into a flame war or something.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
People may still want to talk about it, and the OP and title are pretty clear that it no longer works as it originally did so I don't think there's a problem as long as it doesn't turn into a flame war or something.
True, didn't think about that.

RookieKid

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it down for everyone? I can still access Freeshop and see/search for games, is it risky to try and download a game?

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure the last version of freeShop by Paul had a perfectly working BCSTM. It was only the community built one that regressed, I'm pretty sure.
That's incorrect from my own testing and the bug reports for freeshop. The bcstm player wasn't touched since cruel developed freeshop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work