Nobody who complains about NFL players taking a knee during the anthem stands up for it at home

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Burning cars is very violent.
I didn't say it wasn't, lol. It's being equated with bending a leg, which only a triggered conservative will throw a fit over. But leave it to someone like you to focus on only parts of my post and conveniently ignore the majority of it.

Reactions: lordkaos

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't say it wasn't, lol. It's being equated with bending a leg, which only a triggered conservative will throw a fit over. But leave it to someone like you to focus on only parts of my post and conveniently ignore the majority of it.
I'm curious what you mean by someone like me. What label were you thinking of?

dpad_5678

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? Did you read what I typed?
I was talking about Cops.
I'm guessing you just breezed through what I said and just wanna hear what you wanna hear.

Well in this case Cops are the minority so ya.
So of you believe Cop Racism against blacks, then you have to accept a minority (cops) is targeting a group bigger then them (Blacks).
Except men aren't oppressed in any situation at all. You equated cops oppressing men to cops killing black men, which only ONE of those actually happens.

And, no, any pack of terrorists (racist cops) with guns are not minorities.

Last edited by dpad_5678,

dpad_5678

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious what you mean by someone like me. What label were you thinking of?
Someone that will:
focus on only parts of my post and conveniently ignore the majority of it.

Anyways, no matter how much the right digs and digs and digs for a reason why kneeling is bad or destructive, they won't find one. Disrespecting the flag? Isn't it more American to exercise our first amendment, rather than being forced to stand over a piece of cloth? Sounds like North Korea to me, lul.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Except men aren't oppressed in any situation at all. You equated cops oppressing men to cops killing black men, which only ONE of those actually happens.

And, no, any pack of terrorists (racist cops) with guns are not minorities.
There are less Cops then blacks so they are the minority.

Why are Black Men shot more then Black Women?
Or even White Men more then White Women?

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone that will:

Anyways, no matter how much the right digs and digs and digs for a reason why kneeling is bad or destructive, they won't find one. Disrespecting the flag? Isn't it more American to exercise our first amendment, rather than being forced to stand over a piece of cloth? Sounds like North Korea to me, lul.
While it is a right guaranteed under the First Amendment, I think those who don't stand are assholes. Men died for us on the battlefields of war. Showing some respect would be adequate.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's just a silly comparison to make. No one is watching you in your home, you can stand or sit if you please, but if you're in a public setting where everyone is asked to stand for the anthem, you just do it. I mean if you see a family singing happy birthday on TV, you don't join in the song, yet if you're friend is getting his cake right in front of you, you're gonna sing along, sure you can simply not sing, but that's a good way too look like a jerk to your friend or family. (lol just the thought of someone not singing happy birthday as some sort of protest made me laugh)

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Players taking a knee instead of rising for the national anthem as a form of protest is brilliant. It is non-violent, it reaches a massive audience, and it symbolizes what the founders of the USA intended. The action is seen by many as unpatriotic. In the spirit of revolution I disagree and counter that it is the most patriotic action they could take, as peaceful protest is granted in the US constitution.
Another concern is how they are using celebrity status and expressing views that conflict or are not necessarily in accordance with the organization, their employer, while on company time. That should not matter, as it it is a right to protest, and there is no law implicitly stating that every US citizen absolutely must stand for the national anthem. People who are angered by players taking a knee during the anthem do not rise from their easychair at home when the anthem plays. I find the hypocrisy appalling.

The protest is against police violence. It is the police's job to enforce laws. It is not their job to interpret laws and carry out punishment. Those who attempt to stifle such a protest and those who promote the suppression of this protest are allowing fascism to propagate in the guise of patriotism.
yeah like why don't people stand up when they watch old football games too, seriously everyone should always stand up when they hear the national anthem no matter where they hear it

Even as someone who supports their right to protest this is a really fucking stupid argument

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Except men aren't oppressed in any situation at all.
Can you actually, factually fuck off

PuNKeMoN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The protest is an asinine move that only irritates those who served the country and believe in the flag symbolically. Kneeling for the flag isn't protesting. It's disobedience and arrogance. Also, how do you know nobody stands for it at home? Do you personally visit every home? No? Then shut up.

Of course I have not been in EVERYONE'S house and observed them sit through the anthem, but it is safe to extrapolate that is the case, because the reality is people don't do what they don't have to. As mentioned before. THERE IS NO LAW REQUIRING THAT SORT OF COMPLIANCE. (I wouldn't be surprised if there was soon though) Don't tell me you stand, hand on heart, every time the anthem is played through a TV, because you don't.

Well that's just a silly comparison to make. No one is watching you in your home, you can stand or sit if you please, but if you're in a public setting where everyone is asked to stand for the anthem, you just do it. I mean if you see a family singing happy birthday on TV, you don't join in the song, yet if you're friend is getting his cake right in front of you, you're gonna sing along, sure you can simply not sing, but that's a good way too look like a jerk to your friend or family. (lol just the thought of someone not singing happy birthday as some sort of protest made me laugh)

That's a terrible sense of patriotism. "I'll do it because other people are, and they're watching me." That is herd mentality, blindly following without a thought. Go back to work for your masters and stay out of this discussion, this topic is too deep for you.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a terrible sense of patriotism. "I'll do it because other people are, and they're watching me." That is herd mentality, blindly following without a thought. Go back to work for your masters and stay out of this discussion, this topic is too deep for you.

I'm not saying you do it because people are watching you, I say you do it because of the setting that you're in. You might as well have gone to a great play that everyone stands up and applauds for at the end, and you're the one asshole sitting down waiting for the thing to be done so you can go home.

PuNKeMoN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not saying you do it because people are watching you, I say you do it because of the setting that you're in. You might as well have gone to a great play that everyone stands up and applauds for at the end, and you're the one asshole sitting down waiting for the thing to be done so you can go home.

You literally just proved my point.
The setting you continually reference is other people around witnessing your actions.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You literally just proved my point.
The setting you continually reference is other people around witnessing your actions.

No, the setting is an event where there are traditions. You're asked at the event to stand for the anthem, you're not asked at home to stand for the anthem LOL!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a