Nobody who complains about NFL players taking a knee during the anthem stands up for it at home

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
black on black crime is the root of the cause but people try to brush that aside. black on asian crime is very high too, along with black on whites, black on green, black on rainbow, you name it and its true. people try to brush off the facts because victimization is more popular nowadays.
The root of the cause is police training instructing them to whip out a gun at the first sign of trouble but go off I guess

Reactions: lordkaos

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds more like a typical white on white crime of passion involving some lone nut who just happens to identify as a Neo Nazi.
If you read anything about the issue he specifically separated her from her friends and killed her family because they found out how anti semetic he was. I'd say it's definitely because he was a Nazi

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

PuNKeMoN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how many of you guys are from the ghetto? i grew up in a violent neighborhood in the 90s, most of the violence was from blacks. we werent allowed to play outside alone etc.etc

even in this song Tupac role-plays as a typical gangbanger and 20yrs later nothing really changed except video games are keeping them more busy from criming on people

West side of Chicago wasn't quite the ghetto back then but I did watch my neighbor get shot when I was 8 years old.

Oh and it was a Latino man shooting a white man.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
back to the nfl. most of the ghetto players move away once they get paid because they fear for their life and they never go back and then marry white women. the reason they protest is because they dont wanna get shot for driving an expensive car, most of the protests are for self preservation

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
back to the nfl. most of the ghetto players move away once they get paid because they fear for their life and they never go back and then marry white women. the reason they protest is because they dont wanna get shot for driving an expensive car, most of the protests are for self preservation
What kind of Fox News BULLSHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now you call me a liar and comparing my position to that of a whiney teenager. A feeble attempt to attack my character at best.

People develop their own opinion based on evidence.
I merely called out hypocrisy and exposed infringement of constitutional rights. Up to the people what they do with that information.

Despite not having "any investment in this debate" you sure are posting a lot.
My opinion of you based on evidence is that I don't need to waste any more time with you.
You didn't call out a hypocrisy, you made a completely absurd connection that wasn't connected at all then called it a hypocrisy on the spot. I am not calling you a "liar," because of your position. I called you one because of the way you express it. You and I have literally the same stance -- that it's harmless and shouldn't have repercussions against it, and to have them violates the right to protest that this country was built upon. My point from the start is that you just express your argument like a whiny teenager. Just because I have a discussion with people doesn't mean I'm not someone who's as invested as you. Perhaps I misspoke by saying I'm not invested in the debate despite having a clear stance, but one thing is undeniable: You and I, despite having the same stance, express our stances differently. Quit stomping your feet and demanding change while lying about the fact you're demanding change and that more people demand change too.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Literally me rn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sounds like someone who's only interaction with ghettos is watching Don't Be a Menace to South Central. Great movie, but not a great representation of the hood or its life.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The root of the cause is police training instructing them to whip out a gun at the first sign of trouble but go off I guess
You can't not have police trained to respond in situations like that. The excessive force is fucking awful and shouldn't happen, full stop, but police should have the training and capabilities to respond quickly in situations that justify such force. The problem is not the training, it's where they use it. They respond to situations with ways that do not suit the situation.

Glyptofane

Castaway
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you read anything about the issue he specifically separated her from her friends and killed her family because they found out how anti semetic he was. I'd say it's definitely because he was a Nazi
His beliefs are what led up to the crime, but his reaction to their disapproval was atypical for anyone, including so called Nazis. This guy would have killed them no matter what their problem with him was.

Reactions: Subtle Demise
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a parody but the messages are spot on. even keenan ivory wayans yells 'MESSAGE' to tell these black folk to wake up
PLEASE be fucking with me. The reason he says "MESSAGE" at messages present in literally every single fucking film it's parodying (which you haven't seen one of evidently) is to make fun of how shoehorned and in your face they are. Do you watch South Park and expect it to all be unironic, and 100% serious?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

PuNKeMoN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Police act on gut feeling. I cannot believe how many people honestly believe that it is fair to judge what a police officer did when you don't have his background, or training, or experience, or limited knowledge of the situation. After the fact, we can all see that the man did not have a gun, but could the police officer? He misjudged the situation, nothing more, nothing less. By taking a magnifying glass to an issue that the police officer only had a 1x zoom on does not a fair case make.

Am I saying that all police violence is just misjudged situations? Absolutely not. I know that there are police officers who will abuse their power, I have seen it. Does that mean that all police officers abuse their power? Absolutely not. The media chooses to comment on things that will produce an outrage.

Cops shouldn't be shooting to kill. Guilty parties still have a right to due process and a chance to reform.
Even in cases where lethal force is authorized, I would still consider that to be too much power for a person to carry.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cops shouldn't be shooting to kill. Guilty parties still have a right to due process and a chance to reform.
Even in cases where lethal force is authorized, I would still consider that to be too much power for a person to carry.
And even if they are shooting to incapacitate (which is generally what one would do), they should NOT be waiting 8 minutes to call for medical treatment while standing around and making fun of the person they shot, as has unfortunately seemed to become rather common

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In hostage situations, they should shoot to kill. When there is an active shooter, they should shoot to kill. When someone has literally killed someone, the police should shoot to kill. Period. Shooting to kill is a deterrent. If all they're gonna get is life in a prison it's not going to deter people as much as knowing that if they do some dumb shit like this, they will literally die. See Anders Brevik and the prison cell he's in.

Reactions: LogicIsHansom

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There's no reason at all that NFL players shouldn't be able to protest however they see fit. It triggers Trump and some of the more racist team owners, though, so it also wasn't surprising to see those people stomping all over the first amendment by banning that form of protest.

PuNKeMoN

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In hostage situations, they should shoot to kill. When there is an active shooter, they should shoot to kill. When someone has literally killed someone, the police should shoot to kill. Period. Shooting to kill is a deterrent. If all they're gonna get is life in a prison it's not going to deter people as much as knowing that if they do some dumb shit like this, they will literally die. See Anders Brevik and the prison cell he's in.

No.

Death penalty (which I support) is decided by a jury. That's 12 people. Not 1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.