Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a minor stupid issue. I got my whole wii working with nintendont,usbloader gx etc. Now that Im done the nintendont logo is missing I can still go to it but its a blank box instead of having the logo. Any ideas how I can fix this?

On the HBC? Replace the icon.png in the ninendont app folder.

Saicreed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should my question about Baroque NTSC be in here instead? Looking for ocarina codes as geckocodes.org does not have any.

Should have read first before making a new topic...

CloudvsRoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My GC games aren't loading from my USB HDD. I tried using USB Loader GX, but it says I need to put them on my SD card before I can play them. I don't have space on my SD card, so I'm using Wii Flow which doesn't prompt me to put them on SD. The problem there is that Nintendont starts up fine, but then it says "error loading usb:/games//Game Name/game.iso" and returns to Wii Flow. Yes it has "//" which is wrong but I don't know how to fix it.

So how do I play GC games off of my USB HDD?

Saicreed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My GC games aren't loading from my USB HDD. I tried using USB Loader GX, but it says I need to put them on my SD card before I can play them. I don't have space on my SD card, so I'm using Wii Flow which doesn't prompt me to put them on SD. The problem there is that Nintendont starts up fine, but then it says "error loading usb:/games//Game Name/game.iso" and returns to Wii Flow. Yes it has "//" which is wrong but I don't know how to fix it.

For USB Loader GX, did you check the "Hard Drive Settings"? Assuming you went through and turned your USB into a WBFS drive. You can adjust the "Game/Install Partition" to that drive. Sounds like you have it set as the SD card.

As far as your double-slash, I would start with plugging it into your PC and see if it needs to be adjusted.

Last edited by Saicreed,

Griffballchamp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need help with channel forwarders for vbagx and hugo-gx.

when i click on the channel and hit start, they load up and than kick back out to wii menu. The hugo channel says i need to place the boot.dol file in the hugo-gx apps folder, which it is in there so not sure what that means.

if I go to the emulators thru the homebrew channel they work fine.

advice?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Make sure you're using the latest USB Loader GX. (r1268)

ScottBeebiWan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way, advanced or not, to use a Dolphin texture pack on a real Wii?
I need to patch an ISO as currently my Wii's disk drive is broken. My sibling put a peice of plastic in it (:angry:).
Edit: Also my reasoning for using a real Wii is because my PC sucks at Wii emulation.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way, advanced or not, to use a Dolphin texture pack on a real Wii?
I need to patch an ISO as currently my Wii's disk drive is broken. My sibling put a peice of plastic in it (:angry:).
Edit: Also my reasoning for using a real Wii is because my PC sucks at Wii emulation.

Unless the textures are about the same size and just swap-outs then no. Wiis only have a total of 66MB of RAM.

Henryhhhh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi here, I was trying to update my Wii (Previously soft mod) today to 4.3U, it showed an error of interrupted internet then won't boot up. Please see image for details. I was trying to look for a fix on internet but found there was no detailed instruction on steps. I did soft mod many years ago by following step-by-step tutorial and haven't touched Wii for years until my daughter asked to play games on it. So please forgive my newbie questions.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

New Doc 2018-07-11_1.jpg

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi here, I was trying to update my Wii (Previously soft mod) today to 4.3U, it showed an error of interrupted internet then won't boot up. Please see image for details. I was trying to look for a fix on internet but found there was no detailed instruction on steps. I did soft mod many years ago by following step-by-step tutorial and haven't touched Wii for years until my daughter asked to play games on it. So please forgive my newbie questions.

View attachment 135383

Can you launch the HBC?

Malcolmx13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 4.1u wii with a fat 32 hard drive , I've installed the cios but the usb loaders still will not load games , I load it and It goes to a black screen. Did I not install the right cios or did i miss a step or what? Nintendont games work through but I want wii games to work. I just want to play... please help!!

Malcolmx13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought 4.1 was better

I thought it was better to mod a 4.1 wii in comparison to a 4.3.. thats what people told me, is that not true?

FancyNintendoGamer567

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: