• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

North Korea and Trump

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah I doubt that he has the power to destroy much yet but if the UN waits any longer he definietly will have to power for Mass destruction

Right now with a few Anti Air missiles and whatever there is a good chance to get him without much colleteral damage but if you wait longer this won't be possible.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What we basically have is a leader who is hated in every country around the world apart from his own. A leader who also has a mad haircut. A leader who likes to try and control the people of his own country and has them all fooled into believing he is the greatest. A leader who says and does whatever the fuck he wants. A leader who is way out of control and will probably be the cause of world war 3 starting. A leader who brutally tries to shut down anyone apposed to his views. And people are worried about North Korea when all of the above not only describes Kim Jong-un but also describes Donald Trump.
Well done.
Actually, I think the "A leader who brutally tries to shut down anyone apposed to his views" part is taking it too far and applies only to Kim, but every thing else can describe both... well done.
Yeah I doubt that he has the power to destroy much yet but if the UN waits any longer he definietly will have to power for Mass destruction

Right now with a few Anti Air missiles and whatever there is a good chance to get him without much colleteral damage but if you wait longer this won't be possible.
I don't think he will ever get enough power to really strike many big cities and overpower them per se.
But sure he can kill many people if he strikes first (though getting automatic death sentence for whole North Korea).
Or worse case scenario, he can produce global fallout that will have the quality of life of the whole planet decrease a lot for many years (poisoning also NK in the process of course).

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Again, Trump is a brainless moron. Proven again. Talks like a 5-year old. He's ridiculous. Even François Hollande, the most spineless president in the history of France, would've handled this better.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also don't get me wrong, Kim Jong Un is the same kind of guy, i.e. a retarded teenager who wants to bomb the world.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Trump is trying to taunt Kim into attacking first so that when we kill him it will be self defense rather than starting a war by killing a poor defenseless leader of a third world country.
It really is the only thing that can be done the United States making a preemptive attack on them would make a lot of people very angry.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey there,
dunno what the news in other Countries say but it seems that North Korea is really trying to sound scary and maybe if we laugh to much about poor little kim he will actually use his Atomic Bomb ...
Everyone is angry at Trump because he is not really diplomatic and nice but damn why not just do something about Kim ?
Why not just do something? China and potential nukes. That's why.
Many people are saying it would have been better if Clinton would have won even thought lots of people were saying that she would probably be more into playing war than Trump -.-
Those lots of people you mention was trumps side. They were claiming she's a warmonger. And trump wasn't. Obviously this was just more bullshit.

If someone would just throw a bomb on him and his fimily the North could be more or less free and we would not have to fear him pressing the red button on a whim.
That's what people said when his dad died. If the whole family died some general or other would just take over. Only way is for a full on invasion. And china won't agree with that. And NK could use their nukes (if they really have them operational and everything)

Why do all the big nations still want to "talk" with him.
For me it sounds like they want to lick his ass and beg him not to attack.
Trump is the only one who sees that talking with that guy makes no sense.
Trump doesn't see sense. He's just boasting like always. The big nations are basically just playing the waiting game with NK because of china and NK's potential nukes.

North korea isn't really that big a threat. Kim Jong Un is basically a lot like trump. Both like boasting and grandstanding, but when it comes to actually doing things they fall short. North korea is probably best ignored for a few more years while they continue to annoy china. Once they lose China's support then invasions and stuff might happen.

Okay... But we aren't bombing North Koreans and we are giving them a reason to rethink their leadership.

The US bombing places has generally just turned bad situations even worse. It's what basically caused IS.

Last edited by dimmidice,
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why not just do something? China and potential nukes. That's why.
Those lots of people you mention was trumps side. They were claiming she's a warmonger. And trump wasn't. Obviously this was just more bullshit.

That's what people said when his dad died. If the whole family died some general or other would just take over. Only way is for a full on invasion. And china won't agree with that. And NK could use their nukes (if they really have them operational and everything)

Trump doesn't see sense. He's just boasting like always. The big nations are basically just playing the waiting game with NK because of china and NK's potential nukes.

North korea isn't really that big a threat. Kim Jong Un is basically a lot like trump. Both like boasting and grandstanding, but when it comes to actually doing things they fall short. North korea is probably best ignored for a few more years while they continue to annoy china. Once they lose China's support then invasions and stuff might happen.

The US bombing places has generally just turned bad situations even worse. It's what basically caused IS.
Best post on the thread yet. Indeed, I think everyone knows China are the ones who really control the thing. China litterally could cut down part of NK's GDP by a small decision (almost the press of a button). It has no point to act, Trump and Kim are both big babies who just like to brag.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
North Korea is a sticky situation, it has been the "Elephant in the room" for a long time. Sanctions seem to have no effect, because China(and probably Russia) trades with them anyway. Sanctions seem to only help wipe out their citizens to starvation, fat ass still eats plenty.

If we wait too long to deal with them, they're going to get better and better weapons. Since we sanctioned them to hell, they'll probably sell them off to other countries. Countries that are even more unstable than North Korea.

If we attack them, who knows what they might do to South Korea, Japan, and perhaps Guam or Hawaii. If we did take them over, South Korea doesn't want 20+ million refugees, esp after Seoul got attacked. Can North Koreans even integrate? All that brain washing over the years.

But ya, something has to be done sooner or later, because North Korea can cause a lot of damage, and the more we wait, the more damage they can cause. It's just we dunno how to handle it.

Personally, I blame this mainly on China. They know what it going on in NK, they knew how shitty they treated their own people, yet they ignored it all. They allowed them to get nukes, and never put their foot down. They could have put an end to this ages ago, they're NK's bread and butter.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
guys, things are already out of USA's control, they only way to resolve things without military intervention is ask both China and Russia to join and apply the UN's sanctions and completely isolate NK's border preventing them from any material exchanges(you guys know exactly which 2 country i'm talking about), of course, Russia atm is under both UN and USA's sanction, highly doubt they would help USA and China's the only key for negotiation, USA have to pay obviously a very high prize to exchange the favour.

gentlemen, it's very funny that u guys think that this will end without any sacrifices haHAA!

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't know but I still think an attack before he can do anyting would be the best solution.
Love and Peace alone won't stop a bomb from exploding over our heads.
People have been saying that for literally decades. You really seem woefully uninformed about this whole situation. They are a threat, but not as big a threat as you think. They know that if they do launch an actual bomb then the gloves come off and they get completely destroyed from all sides. That's what has stopped them all this time. They just like boasting. And the dictator uses this grandstanding to keep his own base in check. Bombing the US or anyone even isn't something they're likely to do because it literally gets them nothing. Threatening to do so however can get them things.

Last edited by dimmidice,
Reactions: StarTrekVoyager

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The least bloody way for this to end, is with a military coup, but I highly highly doubt that will ever happen.

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
People have been saying that for literally decades. You really seem woefully uninformed about this whole situation. They are a threat, but not as big a threat as you think. They know that if they do launch an actual bomb then the gloves come off and they get completely destroyed from all sides. That's what has stopped them all this time. They just like boasting. And the dictator uses this grandstanding to keep his own base in check. Bombing the US or anyone even isn't something they're likely to do because it literally gets them nothing. Threatening to do so however can get them things.

Do you really think Kim is intelligent enough to understand that ?
He was raised believing he is some kind of God ..
Even though he probably has much more informations about the rest of the world than any of his people, I doubt that he is scared that the evil foreigners could harm him.

Well it is possible that he really knows or has enough people who know that might be able to push him in the right direction but he is shooting missiles all the time without anyone doing anything agains it so I really doubt he is scared of conesquences.

I don't know how strong the brainwashing in North Korea is but there were several people who fled from there and they knew that it can't be worse outside of North Korea ... If Kim would fall their "god" is gone and maybe, just maybe they will actually stop with this cult about this family.
Their system is not that of having a dictator but of doing what their "god" says.
In most repots I see they call it a "personality cult" that is completely build around Kims family.
So if there is no successor there won't be another leader

I am really happy I never had to experience war or any big hardships in life but there are things that need to be done even people that are usually pacifist should see that if this goes on there won't be any other way than war :(

Last edited by Youkai,

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Do you really think Kim is intelligent enough to understand that ?
He was raised believing he is some kind of God ..
Even though he probably has much more informations about the rest of the world than any of his people, I doubt that he is scared that the evil foreigners could harm him.

Well it is possible that he really knows or has enough people who know that might be able to push him in the right direction but he is shooting missiles all the time without anyone doing anything agains it so I really doubt he is scared of conesquences.

I don't know how strong the brainwashing in North Korea is but there were several people who fled from there and they knew that it can't be worse outside of North Korea ... If Kim would fall their "god" is gone and maybe, just maybe they will actually stop with this cult about this family.
Their system is not that of having a dictator but of doing what their "god" says.
Kim jong un doesn't think he's a god. He wasn't raised to believe he was a god. That's just propaganda and he knows it's just propaganda.

Don't get me wrong, an invasion of NK is what ultimately is going to need to happen. But it can't really happen until china stops supporting north korea. Just bombing them would mostly just hurt the innocent civilians there and would piss china off. China wants north korea where it is. Even if they piss china off sometimes.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
All fake. Its all a recital to put the world in another war and bring peoples at the edge of ruin and misery, because of this we are more easy to subdue.

And anyway, i want to say this thing only once: ALL U.S.A. presidents (past, present and future) sucks, they are shits and masons criminals. World will be never a better place.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
China only has a Problem with America invading North Korea because they would have the enemy (amerika) right at their border, thats exactly why they don't want that to happen.
If America would "free" North Korea and would give China the juristication there they wouldn't have much problems with it I guess.
But that won't happen, either America will "rule" or they will give it to the South with is Pro America ...
And If my informations are correct, the south doesn't really want the north back as they would have to pay a lot of money for a very long time until the north can sustain itselves properly again.
Similiar to what happened in Germany when they opened the Wall. There is still a big gap and the west pays money to the east, only difference is that at least the towns in the east now are much more wealthy than they are in the West.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
China only has a Problem with America invading North Korea because they would have the enemy (amerika) right at their border, thats exactly why they don't want that to happen.
Actually that's not why. They don't want a unified korea as their direct neighbour. They don't want a unified korea at all even. That's basically the crux of the matter.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I hate to say this but we are at a crucial point here. If Kim Jong Un Approves the plans that his generals have created for the missile strike near Guam later this month then there is a 80% chance that the American government will hit directly NK OR they will hit NKs missiles before they land between 30-40km away from Guam.

Remember kim isn't the only unpredictable one here, trump too is the type who can over react in situations like this. Based on what i have seen about trump and based on what i have seen regarding his current actions as president. He and the american generals will never allow NK to be a nuclear power in our current world and nor will they ever allow NK to carry out these strikes. Since if trump sat back and allowed NK to carry out these missile strikes then he would essentially allow kim to get the better of him and trump just isn't that type of man.

So war at this point is inevitable. Diplomacy could work but that would only be through regime change(which at this point can only happen through a war) and the reunification of the Korean peninsula.

My heart goes out towards the South Koreans and the Japanese as well as to the american troops who are stationed in either SK or Japan since the moment this war breaks out and believe me it will, they will probably be the first on kims shitlist. But if this war breaks out then of course we will win but the death toll will be catastrophic. Can i also say that i feel sorry for the north Korean populace who probably live a wretched existence under kims regime.

Those people did nothing wrong but they will most likely be killed by the thousands in the american missile strikes that are carried out when america finally ends kims regime.

And it wont stop there since i can totally see Trump starting shit with Iran who also are North Korea Version II and they cant be allowed to have nukes.

Our worlds 3 biggest threats right now are:
1. NK
2. Iran
3. Isis (yes their last because they dont have nukes yet)

I advise everyone to keep an eye on the news this month and just pray that the casualties on all sides are low.

Last edited by Abu_Senpai,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have absolutely no issues with the majority of Americans - but the track record the United States government internationally over the past 60+ years makes the proposition of it being a moral beacon fighting human rights abuses laughable at best.

China (possibly with Russian cooperation) is likely the only power who can resolve this peacefully.

Well, I think that's my cue. And if you think China, a big sycophant to NK is going to stop them....ha!

Yahoo News is a pretty liberally biased news outlet, make with it what you will.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [wakes up, gets a woodie I didn't want, runs up to K3Nv2 and has Cex with him]... +1