• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

North Korea and Trump

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no 'solution'.

So you'd rather let the little despot douche get his way while other nations give in to sycophancy and "refuse" to do anything about it? You would rather he threaten, and actually use a nuclear weapon before others step up to the plate? Sure sounds like it to me.

barronwaffles

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
So you'd rather let the little despot douche get his way while other nations give in to sycophancy and "refuse" to do anything about it? You would rather he threaten, and actually use a nuclear weapon before others step up to the plate? Sure sounds like it to me.

Because fuck a few million Asians, right? Who cares.

How do you think a country who was nothing but a pawn in a post WW2 power-play - millions dying in the process - is supposed to behave in a world that's almost unanimously hostile towards it?

Last edited by barronwaffles,

gman666

Cubicle Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because fuck a few million Asians, right? Who cares.

How do you think a country who was nothing but a pawn in a post WW2 power-play - millions dying in the process - is supposed to behave in a word that's almost unanimously hostile towards it?
Alright but what are you proposing? Should the U.S. be lenient on a nation that threatens its people?

barronwaffles

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Alright but what are you proposing? Should the U.S. be lenient on a nation that threatens its people?

I have absolutely no issues with the majority of Americans - but the track record the United States government internationally over the past 60+ years makes the proposition of it being a moral beacon fighting human rights abuses laughable at best.

China (possibly with Russian cooperation) is likely the only power who can resolve this peacefully.

Last edited by barronwaffles,

gman666

Cubicle Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm have absolutely no issues with the majority of Americans - but the track record the United States government internationally over the past 60+ years makes the proposition of it being a moral beacon fighting human rights abuses laughable at best.

China (possibly with Russian cooperation) is likely the only power who can resolve this peacefully.
I knew you were hiding something in your arguments and now it's revealed that you indeed have hangups about the U.S.. I respect your opinions and I think a solution like that could potentially work, but I doubt U.S. leaders will support a plan like this.

Reactions: barronwaffles

barronwaffles

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I knew you were hiding something in your arguments and now it's revealed that you indeed have hangups about the U.S.. I respect your opinions and I think a solution like that could potentially work, but I doubt U.S. leaders will support a plan like this.

I wouldn't paint it as broad as 'the U.S.' - the country is incredibly complex. I have issues with areas that I imagine many *normal* Americans (i.e not generic flag burning morons) have with their own government.
These issues aren't exclusive to the U.S. either - I despise them in my own government.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a bunker.
But you know, it may be a once in a lifetime spectacle, so better to watch it with your own eyes under the blue sky.
I have my popcorn, so I am ready for the fireworks.
And there we go, I hope it ends up as exciting as in Fallout. /s

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you wait any longer there will be many dead people as well especially with these sanctions that are getting worse and worse.
Do you think Kim cares about this ? he will still get whatever he needs to eat and drink while the poor people will die a slow and cruelsome death.

So it is either kill Kim and "hope" that there won't be another leader or a better one OR wait till he has more and more power and actually kills lots of Americans or South Koreans or whatever (plus all the ones dying in north korea trough starvation or in these labor camps)

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Nothing will happen. Despite the show he puts on, Kim isn't stupid. He knows what mutually-assured destruction is, and he's fully aware that if he attacks the US just once, his little country is gonna be obliterated off the face of the planet. I feel his aggressive behavior is just a ploy in order to assert dominance and increase his regime's legitimacy.

As for Trump's comments to North Korea, I don't know what kind of diplomatic effect it will have, but I'm satisfied. Stick it to 'em. I am very doubtful a war will break out at all. Again, Kim isn't that stupid. So it's a good thing we have a stronger stance against them. But really, at the end of the day, Kim knows not to fuck with the US. We'd reduce Pyongyang to rubble in an afternoon.

barronwaffles

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
If you wait any longer there will be many dead people as well especially with these sanctions that are getting worse and worse.
Do you think Kim cares about this ? he will still get whatever he needs to eat and drink while the poor people will die a slow and cruelsome death.

So it is either kill Kim and "hope" that there won't be another leader or a better one OR wait till he has more and more power and actually kills lots of Americans or South Koreans or whatever (plus all the ones dying in north korea trough starvation or in these labor camps)

You kill Kim and Seoul is wiped from the map within hours, then the entire peninsula is set on fire.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
how about you look into the history of the koreas and the history of our most recent wars and check possible repercussions before you just go 'why not attack a country?'

even at this point, attacking korea 'just like that' is akin to attacking china. no matter how much korea threatens to use its new weapon, that is, technically, a dick move, but without an official declaration of war, not really forbidden

everytime the world threatens NK, NK gets more frantic to finish its nuclear capabilities. because the dear leader banks on it to be the thing that stops the sanctions and such. because you dont just sanction a nation with 'the bomb' and despite the leadership obviously being undemocratic and cruel, its somewhat of an understandable move.

no matter which way, you cant just 'solve' NK.
i mean, you could have proposed to gift them a dummy attack. you know, they fire a missle into the sky, tell their people the us was wiped out and start some secret trade relations on the grounds that the population gets fed and gulags being closed. and in a few decades, this would've all blown over.

what trumps going for right now is so ridiculously transparent, he's trying to bush iraq war his way out of low ratings and he's absolutely accepting NK just annihilating the south and parts of japan in a last glorious display of power. NK with a nuke is no more dangerous than NK without a nuke, at least to the us.

and with hindsight in mind, the whole thing would have required the rest of the world to act as the bigger man years ago, kiss the old mans feet and try to influence the next generation of leader-gods into being better than their parents

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, we establish sanctions that make them hurt and we highlight human rights violations as a reason for any further actions we take... Military action should be our last option.
We've been trying that since before you were born, you imbecile. That has led us to the current situation.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What we basically have is a leader who is hated in every country around the world apart from his own. A leader who also has a mad haircut. A leader who likes to try and control the people of his own country and has them all fooled into believing he is the greatest. A leader who says and does whatever the fuck he wants. A leader who is way out of control and will probably be the cause of world war 3 starting. A leader who brutally tries to shut down anyone apposed to his views. And people are worried about North Korea when all of the above not only describes Kim Jong-un but also describes Donald Trump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then...