• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

North Korea nearly attacked Japan with a missile

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 5,307
  • Replies 72
  • Likes 7
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
North Korea claim successful H-bomb

North Korea says it has carried out a hydrogen bomb test - calling it "a complete success".
They've done this before, haven't they? And the US and its allies aren't going to believe that until they can verify it for themselves. It wouldn't be off the rails for NK to be lying about a successful H-Bomb test.

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
They've done this before, haven't they? And the US and its allies aren't going to believe that until they can verify it for themselves. It wouldn't be off the rails for NK to be lying about a successful H-Bomb test.

Japanese "Sniffer" planes are already in the air and checking for radiation

Japan and China have confirmed they felt 2 tremors after the so called Nuke was dropped

Edit: But this is pure insanity, They can load a H-bomb ( the most powerful type of bomb there is) ONTO a Missile.

At the end of the day America Will NOT allow them to become a Nuclear power and that is exactly what they are close to becoming. As soon as they can make a H bomb travel on a Long term missile. Then there will be no other option but war simply because America/Japan and Sk will never allow NK to become a neuclear power. And they will never give up their nukes so what else can you do?

Official statement:

DIx8pV3V4AA61jd.jpg:large

Last edited by Abu_Senpai,
Reactions: HaloEliteLegend

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
So, when do you predict they actually use it?

Right, so after sleeping on this mornings news for 8 hours. Let me give you my view on things regarding this whole situation.

Basically, i predicted NK would test their 6th Nuke on the 9th of September since LAST year Kim jong un's regime carried out their 5TH nuke test on the 9th of September. Why? well because that date is the exact date North Korea was founded almost 69 years ago. So since i knew how Kim likes to show off with his tests, it was only natural that the 9th of September would be the best time to carry out his test.

However, instead of the 9th he chose the 3rd of September! Why? well after sleeping on this news, it has become clear that the ONLY reason why he carried the test now instead of on the 9th was because of the BRCIS Summit that is being held in China right now which is attended by various leaders of our world. He is showing that China doesn't control him and that the sanctions that they did oppose are useless against his regime.

Now lets return to your question, you asked "when do you predict they actually use it?" Well that is a question that no one can answer with 100% certainty.

However, allow me to give you my two cents on how things could play out.

Lets make three things clear:

1. USA will NEVER accept NK as a Nuclear power
2. Kim will NEVER abandon his nuclear ambitions even though his people are dying in large quantities right now. (Everywhere but Pyongyang of course)
3. South Korea will do ANYTHING to avoid war right now. Simply because their new leader is HIGHLY against war with the north.

Now regarding my 3rd point. South Korea wants to avoid war with North because the people despite being unafraid of the North's test are scared with Donald Trump leading since he just like KIM is UNPREDICTABLE. And MANY South Korean's think that if america's homeland was under the risk of attack(just like it is now with the North's latest accomplishment of loading H-bombs on missiles) they would attack North Korea in an instant without the approval or debate with South Korea's President Moon.

Now if war did break out then South Korea would be slammed the hardest by Kim's artillery and missiles. (starting with Seoul which harbors Millions)

Next on the list would be Guam,Hawaii,USA,Japan and possibly the U.K. (in that order, do note that Kim WOULD hit all these targets Simultaneously) Oh and when i say USA,Japan and the UK, i mean that he will hit these three countries anywhere. But most likely he would Hit London,Washington and Tokyo since they are the capitals and hitting them would be the best demonstration of his power. (i mean those three cities being hit would be a big deal! And at this point with Guam, Hawaii and South Korea attacked too, we are looking at Millions on Day 1)

The above stanza is essentially in my opinion Kim's war strategy. Now do remember at the same time whilst he is launching his nukes and missiles etc.... America and its allies would be doing All in their power to Hit Kim directly AND hit Kim's Nuclear test sites but then again. There is NO guarantee that 100% of the nukes or missiles will be attacked successfully before they reach their intended destination.

Okay, so that is how it would all play out. But how would it start?

I have TWO scenario's, one which is typical and one that i came up with on my own which despite sounding crazy makes sense to some degree:

It is simply really, in my opinion. I believe that Kim will continue to carry hit tests. Do remember that Right now he can successfully produce H-bombs and attach them onto missiles. Now i believe that by 2020 (unless america goes apeshit and attack's Kim), North Korea will be a Nuclear power that is capable of launching H-bombs onto LONG RANGE ICMB'S that can hit ANYWHERE in the world. Now i personally am still debating whether or not the U.S will allow them to get to this stage. If they do not then what that means is that America will hit Kim before he can develop long range H-bomb ICBM's and test them which would of course mean that the world will have suffered countless deaths as a result. Now if the USA DOESN'T hit Kim and he gets to this stage then what he will do is unpredictable really. He could try to take over the South which would make a lot of sense given the reason behind this whole mess to begin with. (U'know pick up where your grand daddy left off) OR he could try attacking America and settling the score with them. OR he could even take on Japan which Annexed the entirety of Korea back when it was a MIGHTY imperial empire.

2. I think North Korea is testing its missiles with the ultimate goal of Long range H-BOMB ICMB's that can attack any where in the world meaning i believe they want two things. One is too be recognized as a global nuclear power and the second is to start a war. But in my opinion, they are stalling. I think that Kim is carrying out tests and then sending his findings to his partner is crime Iran. I think Kim is building up his own might and improving his nuclear capabilities and then at the same time sending over help to Iran. I think the end goal of Kim's regime is to make both himself and Iran Nuclear powers and when they are, i think they will essentially tag team and join forces to attack their one common enemy and two historical enemies.

The one common enemy being USA
The two historical enemies being South Korea and Israel

I think Kim will help Iran in exchange for their help in taking on America. I think around 2020, kim will attack SK and at the same time Iran will go for Israel whilst at the same time Co-joining their efforts and trying to attack America and cause as much destruction as possible. Now of-course they would both loose but think about it from the point of view that the U.S wouldn't now what hit them essentially since TWO nuclear power's coming at you with nukes will definitely cause some form of confusion among America's military strategists since it isn't a scenario which they ever planned for. America always assumed that if an attack happened by either of the two countries, it would happen separately and never simultaneously. Yeah sure my scenario sounds crazy but hey "is Kim sane?". If i was NK i would definitely reach out and create treaties with enemies of America like Iran and ISIL since that is the best way to go about it from a strategic POV. When i say treaty think of the WW2 treaty between the "Axis of Evil". Something like that could definitely be re-enacted for the sake of a common goal.

Now regardless of whether or not the first scenario is wrong or the second one is wrong. Do remember that NK WILL at this rate become a Nuclear power and also remember that America WILL never allow them to become that. Now would america sacrifice their South Korean people in exchange for the security of their homeland? Honestly, who nows?

But i have the distinct feeling that one thing is for certain which is that since sanctions arent working, all that remains is one thing and that is something which has plagued humanity since the dawn of creation! What do i speak off?

I speak of WAR of-course

It is unfortunate of course but i spoke with the sanest of my military strategist buddies and they all agreed that the only action which Kim Jong Un understands in the language of POWER.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Oh and i forgot to mention. There is still a slight chance kim might fire off something on the 9th September 2017. I mean it is the date they were founded, So kim has to celebrate somehow. (if he does do something in 6 days then i am guessing perhaps an actual non-underground Nuclear test? could be possible. Dont now where he could do it though...)

And it is important to note that NK is the only country to preform a nuclear test in the 21st century.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh and i forgot to mention. There is still a slight chance kim might fire off something on the 9th September 2017. I mean it is the date they were founded, So kim has to celebrate somehow. (if he does do something in 6 days then i am guessing perhaps an actual non-underground Nuclear test? could be possible. Dont now where he could do it though...)

And it is important to note that NK is the only country to preform a nuclear test in the 21st century.
Perhaps in a missile to the middle of the sea of Japan. After all it is already full of radiation.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Perhaps in a missile to the middle of the sea of Japan. After all it is already full of radiation.

Yeah that surely is a possibility. What really annoys the hell out of me is when our leaders say "We must impose even stricter sanctions". Like Seriously why couldn't you just slap on the more harshest sanctions to begin with?

And sure you might say "that isn't how things work" but you cannot follow standard practices when dealing with the rouge regime

Reactions: Subtle Demise

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
NK nuclear crisis is more complicated than u all expect, there are so many hidden layers people don't see, the situation is degenerating into a all new sort ''COLD WAR 2'', which both China and Russia are secretly holding NK to involve Japan and SK (which are sopported obviously by USA) into this proxy war.

Guys, there's currently a new world conspiracy, all point that USA against Russia: remember Russian's military intervention on Crimea, cauz USA and EU want to recruit this small country and cut Russian's natural gas exporting/trading? both Crimea and NK are just proxy wars, USA and EU vs. Russia and China.

the world is splitting into EAST and WEST, AGAIN!

Last edited by leon315,

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i think the sanctions are stupid personally. you are basically cornering an already wounded animal. He's gonna puff out his chest and become more aggressive, not give in. the way he treats his people and his disregard for previous sanctions prove that.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think the sanctions are stupid personally. you are basically cornering an already wounded animal. He's gonna puff out his chest and become more aggressive, not give in. the way he treats his people and his disregard for previous sanctions prove that.

Then what do you propose? People becoming sycophantic sheep and taking it up the tailpipe in hopes that North Korea will behave like a disciplined child? I don't see it happening. I hope that half-assed regime collapses hard and fails miserably.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
the world is splitting into EAST and WEST, AGAIN!

I am sorry but where have you been for the past 70 years? The world has ALREADY split into east and west and has been since the end of WW2.

Also it is likely that Kim is trying to REMOVE Japan from their pacifist course. Aggravating japan is something which could lead to them pursuing Nuclear weapon development themselves and China would 100% be against that.

This all began with the cold war is what many would think. However, it actually begun (at least in regards to NK) with the Annex of Korea.

Japan was a beast back in it's heyday. The Imperial Japanese took over Vietnam, Indonesia, Korea, Malay and Even most of China. Their ultimate goal was to bring East Asia under the rule of Imperial Japan. But if they had succeeded perhaps we wouldn't have all the divides we have now(in east asia).... But then again there is no guarantee it would have stopped there. The imps could easily change their goals and try to take over the entirety of Asia but it would have been a struggle indeed.

Reactions: jubbagee

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Japan was a beast back in it's heyday

lmfao, u never read a single history book, haven't u?? japan managed the invasion to China's main land thanks a temporal alliance with USA and other 6 EU countries, Old China back at age when it still ruled by Dynasty Qin, even it was corrupted by internal conflicts, but still had enough of resource against single small military nation like Japan.

Last edited by leon315,

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
lmfao, u never read a single history bokk, haven't u?? japan managed the invasion to China's main land thanks a temporal alliance with USA and other 6 EU countries, Old China back at age when it still ruled by Dynasty Qin, even it was corrupted by internal conflicts, but still had enough of resource against single small military nation Japan.

When i made that statement i was particularly referring to other countries i mentioned first. Look at my statement again, i mentioned China last and that was because China like you said had internal conflicts which made it easier to take over. Of course they never completely took it over but then again taking over China is a big deal regardless of how you look at it. And of-course i have read history books or else i wouldn't have known that they established puppet governments in countless countries.^_^ And not to mention any other points i made are true.

Also which one are you talking about The first sino-japanese war or the second? :unsure:

Because during both wars the belligerents were China vs Japan as far as i am aware.

Also what are you on about? China was supported by Russia,America and UK during 2nd Sino war and during the first no one helped them apart from some Koreans

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1