Hacking Not Done this yet(anything to my wiiU) but asking about backing up the nand

ratmandom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hello i was just wondering if i backed up my nand which i will how do flash it back if lets say the CBHC haxchi does not install ok. ok very new just wondering i know you can hard mod a few wires then flash. i don't want to do that just thinking how this works i know CBHC should be fine but im just making sure. doing a bit of homework thanks peeps!

i have the VC super mario 64 ds ready brought that the other day
ill fix it some time :)

Reactions: Tri-Z

ratmandom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks man i don't know if i want the CBHC TBH. I can just use haxchi i know there is not much danger but IDK. Interesting. I do have soldering iron by the way need some practice so yeah get good at the soldering iron as a back up lol. Thanks Man this website is cool just joined yesterday and had a reply !

Reactions: Tri-Z and SuperDan

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I mean it's possible we might see some form of bootmii in the future but my thoughts on the matter are that the wii u doesn't have a large established user base and as such not a large amount of devs are willing to take the time to create this.

Coupled with the fact that the switch/ps4/ps3 scenes are starting to take off I doubt anyone with the skill would invest the time to develop for a unpopular dead system. But thats just my guess anyways

ratmandom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wii U is just as fun as a ps3 to me I have both. its strange how the wii was amazing to a lot people old and young and middle age's or classed as a girls system. yet the wii u is forgotten. I dont understand coding and stuff I don't know but it would be really good to have a boot MII for the wii u if possible. saying all this you can emulate a lot of stuff nower dayz i dont think you can blow up a pc as easy with CBHC. and i know they have made a switch emulator nothing plays but they made it made by the citra emulator team who made the 3ds emulator(citra), since the switch os is made from android and 3ds they cracked it i think it was this year as well. any way consoles are different to a windows computer until they figure out 100% proof emulation.

ratmandom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't know if there ever will be but right now this is the only way to flash the nand. No software options.
one last question umm what size Hard Drive can i use with the wii u i have read that you can use any size. i could put a 8tb in and put loadz of games on it yes no ? :)

and i have read all you guides you are a true wii u fan :yayu::gun::nayps3::teach:
@Kafluke

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think 2TBs is the limit. 8TBs would be overkill. you can only have 300 games on there anyway. I have around 260, and some of those are the biggest games on the system. I've barely used 1TB.

Reactions: ratmandom

ratmandom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
another thing should i block updates from nintendo. i know the wii u is dead. i know this does not sound good because i don't want my account banned help thanks !

ratmandom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i found this

Don't get confused about that Wii U part.
On the Wii U there's four ways to play games:
  1. Install them with WUP Installer GX2 to USB (or nand if you want)
  2. Play them from your SD card using the homebrew Loadiine
  3. Play them from your FAT32 USB drive with Loadiine using the FAT32 Mocha CFW build
  4. Play them from your FAT32 USB drive installed with WUP Installer GX to a none FAT32 place (either NAND or a Wii U formatted USB drive) and move them over to a FAT32 drive using your PC and ftpiiu everywhere, then use FAT32 Mocha CFW build again to use that drive for your Wii U.
The only good solution in my opinion is 1.
You would need an extra drive for that, that is only being used by the Wii U, not the (v)Wii, as it has to be formatted into the Wii U filesystem. Also keep in mind that 2 TB is the absolute max size for that drive. You can use bigger drives but that would be a waste as the Wii U can only use 2 TB and the rest of the space would be unusable.
With method 1 you have full compatibility which means every game runs without any issues and in full speed.
Method 2 was the main method until the WUP method (also known as Brazilian Exploit btw) came up. The problems are obvious: You can't store many games on a SD card, it's slow and due to the way Loadiine works it has some issues (cutscenes in Twilight Princess are buggy) and not every game works (One Peace Unlimited World Red and a few others). You'll have long loading times also.
For method 3 there's a special build of Mocha CFW that supports FAT32 drives so from the moment where you launch that Mocha build, you're Wii U uses an attached FAT32 drive as its SD card. So everything that could be done with a SD card before (including method 2) can be done from USB now. You would however have the same issues as in 2 as it's still Loadiine after all.
Method 4 sounds promising but it's the worst one, really. Don't do that ever.
It's tricky, buggy, takes a long time to set up (ftpiiu is slow) and the biggest downside: You're still limited to 2 TB even on your FAT32 drive. So the big advantage that you could use your FAT32 (v)Wii drive for your Wii U games too turns into a disadvantage as there's only 2 TB in which everything for your Wii U, Wii and GC (Nintendont) has to take place. Also loading times are as slow as in Loadiine due to the shitty Ninty FAT driver.

For the Wii or vWii (both are technically the same when it comes to hard drive usage) you can use any drive size. 5 or even 8 TB are completely fine (although I don't know why you would need 8 TB lol). Just be sure to format it into one big FAT32 partition and use MBR instead of GPT.
If you don't know how to do that formatting magic, write back here and I'll try to help you.
There are however three things you should know when using a drive on the vWii:
  1. Using 2,5" drives is only possible with an Y cable as the Wii U doesn't offer enough voltage on the USB ports where the good old Wii did. So a 2,5" drive takes up an extra USB slot (two in sum). You could use an active USB hub though.
  2. Some drives go in sleep mode and some apps like USB Loader GX are not able to wake them up properly with standard settings so you need to use a workaround (changing USBLGX's IOS, using another homebrew first which doesn't have that issue like WiiFlow to boot into USBLGX or put USBLGX on the USB drive only and relaunch the forwarder channel for it until it launches)
  3. If you attach a FAT32 drive to the Wii U it would complain about it with an annoying popup so you might want to "hide" it from the Wii U by using the PC tool UStealth. Almost all vWii homebrew apps will still be working fine with that.
So if you ask me for the "perfect setup" to date:
Use a 2 TB drive for the Wii U (method 1) and a FAT32 drive of any size for the vWii, hidden with Ustealth.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the method with a wii u formatted drive and wup installer gx is ideal. I'd suggest that you still block updates. even though sony gave up on the vita, they still released an update to block hacks. nintendo may do the same at some point. though doubtful, it's better to be safe.

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
i found this

3. Play them from your FAT32 USB drive with Loadiine using the FAT32 Mocha CFW build
  4. Play them from your FAT32 USB drive installed with WUP Installer GX to a none FAT32 place (either NAND or a Wii U formatted USB drive) and move them over to a FAT32 drive using your PC and ftpiiu everywhere, then use FAT32 Mocha CFW build again to use that drive for your Wii U.
You would need an extra drive for that, that is only being used by the Wii U, not the (v)Wii, as it has to be formatted into the Wii U filesystem. Also keep in mind that 2 TB is the absolute max size for that drive. You can use bigger drives but that would be a waste as the Wii U can only use 2 TB and the rest of the space would be unusable.
With method 1 you have full compatibility which means every game runs without any issues and in full speed.
Method 2 was the main method until the WUP method (also known as Brazilian Exploit btw) came up. The problems are obvious: You can't store many games on a SD card, it's slow and due to the way Loadiine works it has some issues (cutscenes in Twilight Princess are buggy) and not every game works (One Peace Unlimited World Red and a few others). You'll have long loading times also.
For method 3 there's a special build of Mocha CFW that supports FAT32 drives so from the moment where you launch that Mocha build, you're Wii U uses an attached FAT32 drive as its SD card. So everything that could be done with a SD card before (including method 2) can be done from USB now. You would however have the same issues as in 2 as it's still Loadiine after all.
It's tricky, buggy, takes a long time to set up (ftpiiu is slow) and the biggest downside: You're still limited to 2 TB even on your FAT32 drive. So the big advantage that you could use your FAT32 (v)Wii drive for your Wii U games too turns into a disadvantage as there's only 2 TB in which everything for your Wii U, Wii and GC (Nintendont) has to take place. Also loading times are as slow as in Loadiine due to the shitty Ninty FAT driver.

For the Wii or vWii (both are technically the same when it comes to hard drive usage) you can use any drive size. 5 or even 8 TB are completely fine (although I don't know why you would need 8 TB lol). Just be sure to format it into one big FAT32 partition and use MBR instead of GPT.
If you don't know how to do that formatting magic, write back here and I'll try to help you.
  1. Using 2,5" drives is only possible with an Y cable as the Wii U doesn't offer enough voltage on the USB ports where the good old Wii did. So a 2,5" drive takes up an extra USB slot (two in sum). You could use an active USB hub though.
  2. Some drives go in sleep mode and some apps like USB Loader GX are not able to wake them up properly with standard settings so you need to use a workaround (changing USBLGX's IOS, using another homebrew first which doesn't have that issue like WiiFlow to boot into USBLGX or put USBLGX on the USB drive only and relaunch the forwarder channel for it until it launches)
  3. If you attach a FAT32 drive to the Wii U it would complain about it with an annoying popup so you might want to "hide" it from the Wii U by using the PC tool UStealth. Almost all vWii homebrew apps will still be working fine with that.
Use a 2 TB drive for the Wii U (method 1) and a FAT32 drive of any size for the vWii, hidden with Ustealth.
i found this

You want to go with 1. Playing from SD card sucks - the loading times are just too long and can cause issues from time to time. 1 is also the simplest imo without overly complicating things and relying on loadline and the homebrew channel. I am on CBHC and love it, but what I would suggest is to just use Haxchi if you're not very technical. Use it for a while, familiarise yourself with it and then if you feel confident enough to try it, attempt coldboot after you've backed up your NAND.

Joyer7319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. Method 1 as you call it is excellent. Use a 2nd drive for vwill in ustealth mode. 2tb each is more than youll ever use. I only use Haxchi. Its an extra minute to boot and saves a lot of heartache potential from brick risks.

ratmandom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think the dns are from tubehax on the 3ds iirc.

thank you just looked it up and dns im thinking is like a server( tubehax ) which block's wii u from sending info to nintendo

I think there are other ways but you have to keep your computer on 24/7.... i should look that one up :)

Thank you again !

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, you can use a proxy server to block updates. however, tubehax does the trick. with a proxy blocking eshop url's, you can't access the eshop unless you disable it. I'm using both tubehax and a proxy for 100% protection, but I think tubehax is all you really need. and, yeah, your pc must be on or you can't connect to the internet on the wii u.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm half way at my savings for a new move
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like a karate move? The flying dragon is cool.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @BigOnYa if you've never been to the site how do you know about its contents?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Can he do a shoryuken?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, cuz of people mentioning it everywhere
    +1
    Someone here introduced me to it. Not gonna say who.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everybody knows what that site about, and you can't read normal news anymore without hearing about it
    But it's degrading and disgusting.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, was it Juan?
    Juan who?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its just seductive pics right? I mean they don't show nudity, do they?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, you know who is juan
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    isn't onlyfans just another creepy site of fake AI generated ''women''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like scam bait
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so they collect ''donations''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well gofundme doesn't accept vagina they just do that off the site
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess they just sell spicy fling material
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gofundme or onlyfans?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, either
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny to see people start a gofundme for silly shit like a new game system, and then see them get free money, then think, not so funny after all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gofundme for the homeless
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gofundme for the homeless +1