ROM Hack RELEASE NSC_Builder. Nintendo Switch Cleaner and Builder. (Game+updates+dlc in a single xci)

• Thread starter JRoad
  • Start date
  • Views 737,905
  • Replies 2,827
  • Likes 74

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks. I’ll give it a shot later tonight if I get time. Don’t intend on messing around with this until I get a block of a few hours to devote to it.
No biggie. I didn't add the joiner yet though. I have it programmed but I have to make a new section in the batch for it. Though they can be joined easily in a hex editor like HxD.
I'd also look in the future if i can support the splitted files in the other bat functions, so you can add files later to them or read it's content.

18Phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could it be possible to make the bat work with any name?
I often make several copies for testing (f.e. NSCB - test1.bat), but it doesn't work.

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Could it be possible to make the bat work with any name?
I often make several copies for testing (f.e. NSCB - test1.bat), but it doesn't work.
Yes but you need to rename the option file. You can have several bats with different profile on the same folder, it's how profile linking works.
NSCB - test1.bat would link with a profile called NSCB - test1_options.cmd you can see in the window name what profile is looking for.

Reactions: 18Phoenix

18Phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes but you need to rename the option file. You can have several bats with different profile on the same folder, it's how profile linking works.
NSCB - test1.bat would link with a profile called NSCB - test1_options.cmd you can see in the window name what profile is looking for.
Ah, ok, with that info I can work. Thanks ^_^

acphydro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated with a x86 version my GitHub, i forgot I had python 64 installed when building.

Before I could use this tool I had a side project to complete. Completely redid my Switch switching everything over to FAT32 and cleaned up my SD card and what not. Also redumped my NAND and keys which took awhile. I managed to make a Super Mario Odyssey and Zelda XCI with updates and DLC included split for FAT32 and they both worked flawlessly from my USB HDD via SX OS. Next weekend I'll be trying several more titles and report back any bugs I may encounter.

If you'd like more people to appreciate your work, a GUI to wrap it all up when it's feature complete would be perfect. As it is, it's easy for people to use that have some computing background. I don't have any issues with how it is. I do know several people that would take advantage of software like this but wouldn't be able to comprehend how. At this point in time I don't have any input on features that might be useful to add, but I have limited experience using it.

This is one of the most useful tools I've ever encountered and I've been around since PSX modding was a thing. This is an extremely useful tool and is well done. Thanks for the great work.

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Can you perhaps add in new updates and/or DLC to an already "custom" XCI, or do you have to split those apart again, before doing so?
You can via "update mode" (mode 4) already, though the method is improvable.
If you want to add just a new dlc for with manual mode, to clean orld updates and or dlcs and incorporate new ones in a multixci go with update mode.
Grabman goes trough that process in the video he made. I added that to the first post.

Last edited by JRoad,

acphydro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to add just a new dlc for with manual mode, to clean orld updates and or dlcs and incorporate new ones in a multixci go with update mode.
Grabman goes trough that process in the video he made. I added that to the first post.

I thought the readme was very well defined as to how to use everything.

The only thing I’ve noticed that isn’t really a problem per say is that when generating the final XCI the progress speeds up then slows down to a halt then speeds back up. It’s like it’s writing chunks of data in bursts and taking a short break repeatedly. It’s not taking an excessive amount of time to complete but watching it bothers my OCD lol.

It’s certainly possible it’s only doing that when there are a lot of files added to the list and not when there’s just say base game and an update. I haven’t really monitored it. I’ve made about 12 other split XCIs with it using the multi mode but usually I start it then come back in a bit so that was just an observation I made when seeing it generate the XCI for a few titles.

On a positive note, I do like how it trims the fat. It took my Mega Man Legacy Collection from 1.88gb including update down to around 400mb. I’ve got several more titles to pack with it then I’m gonna test them all one by one. I probably won’t be finished with it until the upcoming weekend though.

In regards to your FAT32 comment earlier, I’ve made sure to keep all of the original files for each title I process anyway. I have somewhere around 24TB of local storage so I’m not worried lol. But it could be useful to be able to update the already processed split files. I wonder if the easiest solution would be for the program to just combine them all together as one before processing updates then resplitting them. Just spitballing here as I’m sure there are better methods to utilize that’ll work faster but at least that could work if needed.

Thanks again for the very useful set of tools. I appreciate all of the work people in the home brew community do.

Last edited by acphydro,
Reactions: lordelan

cheungpakwan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dear sir,
how to fix this error when im using v.0.80 :
squirell.exe - BAd Image - api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is either not designed to run on windows

im using windows 7 - 32 bit

thanks before.

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
Very nice. I'll give it a go when I have some more time.

acphydro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dear sir,
squirell.exe - BAd Image - api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is either not designed to run on windows

thanks before.

Are you sure you’re running the 32 bit release of the program and didn’t accidentally download the 64 bit version?

acphydro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im sure that im using 32bit version

Unfortunately I’m not qualified to really help you with that further. All I can suggest is updating windows via windows update and deleting and redownloading the software release. You could google search the error and see if anything comes up. It could, never know.

cheungpakwan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for your advice, now im back using previous version of nsc builder
https://github.com/julesontheroad/NSC_BUILDER/releases/download/v0.79/NSCB_v079nk.zip

v079nk is working perfectly without issue on my system

Unfortunately I’m not qualified to really help you with that further. All I can suggest is updating windows via windows update and deleting and redownloading the software release. You could google search the error and see if anything comes up. It could, never know.

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yeah I wrote in chunks, liberate ram then start with new chunk. The delay happens mostly with big files when and depends on disk speed. I don't notice almost any delay on my SSD. You can lower the buffer in the config and test. 64kb works really well for me but I think it depends on the system.
For the other thing I have to adapt it to read the full file, it can be done it's mostly I need to readapt how all works for it. I also plan to do direct generation without nca extraction Wich can be done to but I have to readapt specially the batch code for it and the process in the python code but yeah both are solvable, they just need a little work.
dear sir,

thanks before.
You need visual c 20015 distributable, I tried to incorporate the needed dlc but some may have been unable to add. The distributable should solve that, there is a link to download it in the readme.
I'll try to build squirrel on a windows 7 32bits image just in case. The thing is I didn't have access to any 32bits device when I built that. I even try it with a windows Vista at work but it was 64 bits so I couldn't check 32bits version aside from the compatibility tab on windows.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

thanks for your advice, now im back using previous version of nsc builder
https://github.com/julesontheroad/NSC_BUILDER/releases/download/v0.79/NSCB_v079nk.zip

v079nk is working perfectly without issue on my system
Either way I'll try to do checks on 32bit and see if I can make it work fine. I'll ping you after.

acphydro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I wrote in chunks, liberate ram then start with new chunk. The delay happens mostly with big files when and depends on disk speed. I don't notice almost any delay on my SSD. You can lower the buffer in the config and test. 64kb works really well for me but I think it depends on the system.
For the other thing I have to adapt it to read the full file, it can be done it's mostly I need to readapt how all works for it. I also plan to do direct generation without nca extraction Wich can be done to but I have to readapt specially the batch code for it and the process in the python code but yeah both are solvable, they just need a little work.

I assumed that’s just how it worked but wasn’t sure so thanks for clarifying. I just wanted to make sure it was working as intended. I could try it on my SSD but see no need to really. I have my source files on one drive and am having the process completed on a different drive. I know it’s not a lack of processing power on my end. It could be that I’m using some 5400RPM storage drives though as source and another as destination. Either way the process still completes in a timely manner. The other stuff will come whenever it’s ready.

Can’t wait to try em all out this weekend. This is very convenient for those of us who prefer USB loading because of SX OS. I was considering buying a 400gb SD card but after seeing this thread was very happy and read the whole thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sweet I dont need a dozen pieces of other shit to hack it :)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sweet
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hi
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot