ROM Hack RELEASE NSC_Builder. Nintendo Switch Cleaner and Builder. (Game+updates+dlc in a single xci)

• Thread starter JRoad
  • Start date
  • Views 734,740
  • Replies 2,827
  • Likes 74

18Phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@JRoad
I got my mistake for missing XCI-Explorer datas:
For converting, patching or just resizing a SINGLE file, you MUST use the "1" process files INDIVIDUALLY.
I used always "2" MULTI-PACK mode, because I thought the number of files doesn't matter.
That's wrong. The result using "2" with one file still works but then infos in XCI-Explorer are missing.
Using "1" works totally fine with 0.81d !!!

So if "2" really works perfect with 2 or more files it should give a warning using only a single file.
Or you fix it and combine "1" and "2" because I see no big difference.
The prog should be able to count the number of files (single or multi mode).
Another difference is the name of the result file.
"1" takes the source name, "2" asks for a name. I would combine that aswell.

Last edited by 18Phoenix,

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@JRoad
I got my mistake for missing XCI-Explorer datas:
For converting, patching or just resizing a SINGLE file, you MUST use the "1" process files INDIVIDUALLY.
I used always "2" MULTI-PACK mode, because I thought the number of files doesn't matter.
That's wrong. The result using "2" with one file still works but then infos in XCI-Explorer are missing.
Using "1" works totally fine with 0.81d !!!

So if "2" really works perfect with 2 or more files it should give a warning using only a single file.
Or you fix it and combine "1" and "2" because I see no big difference.
The prog should be able to count the number of files (single or multi mode).
Another difference is the name of the result file.
"1" takes the source name, "2" asks for a name. I would combine that aswell.
no, the issue there is i just forgot to add a function to generate the XML in the new multi function but i'm redoing it. So much patches and supported things make me forget some things when i redo the functions.
Either way you make it sound like the files were bad when is just xci explorer inability to identify the ncas if they don't have the xml file which is really stupid. You could feed it bad information just editing the xml file which is pretty bad actually. I'll look into adding\generating the xmls again in the functions that doesn't do that currently but it's not really a priority.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks for the response. So since the ticket is a common ticket, I assume that removing them is pointless or is it better to be safe than sorry?
In a way it is yes, the only thing is that is weird to have a ticket for an update of a game that is eshop only and you don't have a ticket for but who knows if Nintendo can check that.

18Phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You could feed it bad information just editing the xml file which is pretty bad actually. I'll look into adding\generating the xmls again in the functions that doesn't do that currently but it's not really a priority.
I know, everyone should has his source he can trust, so or so.
Thanks for adding it sooner or later ;)

wakabayashy

Trophies
Website
www.anime-heart.fr
XP
Country
France
I've a question (sorry if already asked)

when I want to add a new update to a game that I've already given a update with nscbuilder, I have to start from zero ? Or I can update the game coming from nscbuilder?

Danker301090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What the hell is gong on. I haventhad problems before. this is on the stable build.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 157

sanderdsz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@JRoad
Why this error keeps popin at Captain Toad trying to put the last update in the basegame:

Generating XCI:
- Writing XCI header...
- Writing XCI game info...
- Generating padding...
- Writing XCI certificate...
- Writing ROOT HFS0 header...
- Writing UPDATE partition header...
Calculated multiplier: 1
- Writing NORMAL partition header...
Calculated multiplier: 1
- Writing SECURE partition header...
Calculated multiplier: 2
> Appending 673d0dee6661853d0ca0bbefb2c71fe9.nca
0%| | 64.0k/1.85G [00:00<15:02, 2.05MB/s]Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\----\Switch\NSC_BUILDER-master\ztools\squirrel.py", line 2169, in <module>
xci.pack(upd_list,norm_list,sec_list,buffer,fat)
File "D:\----\Switch\NSC_BUILDER-master\ztools\Fs\Xci.py", line 2249, in pack
crypto = aes128.AESECB(key)
File "lib\aes128.py", line 312, in __init__
if len(key) != self.block_size:
TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()
---------------------------------------------------
*********** ALL FILES WERE PROCESSED! *************
---------------------------------------------------

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You're missing last masterkey (masterkey7), the initial error comes before that and it says something like unable to decrypt nca header.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What the hell is gong on. I haventhad problems before. this is on the stable build.
It's telling you aes_kek_generation_source it's missing, incorrect or cannot new read properly. It's in the keys.txt

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yeah yeah, always the keys :rolleyes::ph34r:
yeah, yeah i know. There is actually a function that checks for them at startup in last version but i didn't implemented it since i feared it would be too bothersome for people, so i just put that in the config. Was deciding about implementing it and disable the check when all keys were found, but at that time masterkey7 wasn't public and i felt that telling people they were missing masterkey7 at every boot would end with them asking me how to get it and at that point we didn't have lockpick-rcm. Either way my latest idea is just to check before every conversion job.

BTW the new multi mode is already making the xmls though there has been talks about removing it's generation from nut since the xml it's not a cdn file. If nut removes them i may follow it's lead since sd tool already removed the cnmt.xml some time ago.

Basically missing for next release in new multi mode:
- Delta skipping
- Gamecard flag restoration.
- Fat32 splitting
So new version shouldn't be far. It'll also feature direct building and naming calculation so you don't need to input the names in multi-xcis, and multi nsps without modification (with tickets) since both tinfoil (from blawar) and rommenu supports them.

Reactions: 18Phoenix

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
well one thing that favours that is that current multi is split in 2 functions while next one will be only one function. Basically the important error is in the first one (unable to decrypt nca header) but the second one is more visible.

cheungpakwan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dear sir,
because my exfat microsd get corrupted,
i will to use fat32 micro sd,
howto use nsc builder to split large xci bigger than 4gb ?

MarioShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i trying to make Power Rangers Battle of the grid work on 6.2.0 ,to do that i need update my keys,and to get these keys with lockpick, i need to use lockpick on a Switch on Firmware 7.0.1....right ? or i can get these keys on my switch 6.2.0?

if the answer is yes... do u guys recommend to update with choi for 7.0.1?
im using SX OS with HD ..i heard sxos do not have support for hdd on 7.0.1...this is a lie right ?

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i trying to make Power Rangers Battle of the grid work on 6.2.0 ,to do that i need update my keys,and to get these keys with lockpick, i need to use lockpick on a Switch on Firmware 7.0.1....right ? or i can get these keys on my switch 6.2.0?

if the answer is yes... do u guys recommend to update with choi for 7.0.1?
im using SX OS with HD ..i heard sxos do not have support for hdd on 7.0.1...this is a lie right ?
Yes, sx has support for latest firmware. The only way to get the key without updating is to ask a friend for master_key_07
But there's not dissadvantages to update to 7.01, though you'll need lockpick rcm to get the key and for it to work is needed to update the sysnand, not just the emunand. To lockpick rcm usage refer to shchmue's thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-7-0-key-derivation-lockpick_rcm-payload.532916
dear sir,
because my exfat microsd get corrupted,
i will to use fat32 micro sd,
howto use nsc builder to split large xci bigger than 4gb ?
Use either lates beta from master or 0.80-c. Then activate teither option 2 or option 3 in the following screen:
split.PNG

Note: The option is in Global options.

Latest master:

https://github.com/julesontheroad/NSC_BUILDER/archive/Beta.zip
0.80-c:
https://github.com/julesontheroad/NSC_BUILDER/releases/tag/v0.80-c

Reactions: cheungpakwan

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
Every time I try to update my Splatoon 2 v4.4 XCI (approx 8GB) with either version 4.5 or 4.6, the resulting xci is tiny and NSC Builder gives this error:

Exception: read returned empty 0x600

18Phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can update without any fear. SXOS 2.6 had an error so HDDs didn't work.
Therefore they released fix 2.6.1 one day later, with that everything works fine.
I hope you already downloaded SXOS 2.6.1, because the standard homepage of team xecuter is down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol