Hacking NTFS on external with multiman?

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, it is. I have an NTFS Passport WD 1tb and they works as charmed.
Liked i said. Passport ok! WD ELEMENTS NOT!

That's right. PS2 only runs on internal.. Not external hard drive but you can put it on your external, then multiman will rejoin the file when you copy it over to internal if you dont want to use the FTP.

Yes, i do use splited PS2 Games, CFW COBRA and webMAN.

MY GAMES webMAN options will show a fully PS2 GAME even if splited, and when you run it will copy to internal, join splited files and then will run the game, all in one click!

Last edited by Redirr,

veggav

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Well, that sucks. I had a CECHC that I wasn't very happy with backwards compatibility because of the lack of Emotion Engine integrated circuit so I bought a CECHA01 from a friend because of the new PS3Xploit hack released.

Were you able to test PS2 games over LAN? Does it copy to internal just like external hard drives over usb?

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that sucks. I had a CECHC that I wasn't very happy with backwards compatibility because of the lack of Emotion Engine integrated circuit so I bought a CECHA01 from a friend because of the new PS3Xploit hack released.

Were you able to test PS2 games over LAN? Does it copy to internal just like external hard drives over usb?

I haven't had a chance to test streaming over the network, but as far as I know PS2 ISO must be run from the internal drive as the emulator has that hard coded into it.

Reactions: veggav

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
It doesn't matter what file system you use, USB is just not ideal. Streaming ISO over gigabit ethernet using ps3netsrv is a smoother experience.
If you really cared about speed you'll install everything to internal. as a rule of thumb, local storage is always faster.
ps3 only support sata-150 afaik, but still faster than gigalan.

on-topic:
I have tried creating the usb.cfg and installing prepntfs but nothing seems to work so I have defaulted to use irisman whenever I need to use a ntfs drive. I would love to be able to always use multiman though.

Hking0036

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you really cared about speed you'll install everything to internal. as a rule of thumb, local storage is always faster.
ps3 only support sata-150 afaik, but still faster than gigalan.

on-topic:
I have tried creating the usb.cfg and installing prepntfs but nothing seems to work so I have defaulted to use irisman whenever I need to use a ntfs drive. I would love to be able to always use multiman though.
for them to work on multiman/webman/sman they have to be in ISO format in /PS3ISO/ and then you can run NTFS. I've still had a bit of trouble with it but since getting sMAN I've had no real problems. IRISMan uses Mamba I thought, which might make it weird to work with.

As for why to use NTFS, I wanted to deal with split games and my internal is only 120 GB. I got a bunch of ISOs on it before I realized you could run split iso off external as normal but I don't have a drive large enough on my PC to handle all my disc rips because it's already half full and not as big as my external, so I'm sort of locked into it at this point.

Last edited by Hking0036,

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
for them to work on multiman/webman/sman they have to be in ISO format in /PS3ISO/ and then you can run NTFS. I've still had a bit of trouble with it but since getting sMAN I've had no real problems. IRISMan uses Mamba I thought, which might make it weird to work with.

As for why to use NTFS, I wanted to deal with split games and my internal is only 120 GB. I got a bunch of ISOs on it before I realized you could run split iso off external as normal but I don't have a drive large enough on my PC to handle all my disc rips because it's already half full and not as big as my external, so I'm sort of locked into it at this point.
seems like I'll have to continue with irisman then. the only use I have for external drives is to copy things to internal storage. I have a 640gb hdd installed so I don't worry about space and also dislike having to plug something additional to the beast that the ps3 is (same for x360).

You could upgrade the internal storage and forget about it, make a backup through normal means (system setting > backup utility), change the hdd and then restore it.

Hking0036

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems like I'll have to continue with irisman then. the only use I have for external drives is to copy things to internal storage. I have a 640gb hdd installed so I don't worry about space and also dislike having to plug something additional to the beast that the ps3 is (same for x360).

You could upgrade the internal storage and forget about it, make a backup through normal means (system setting > backup utility), change the hdd and then restore it.
Not really in the position to spend money right now, would rather have groceries. Anyhow, even though it uses mamba, if you're using rebug you can go enable cobra in toolbox and should work fine with everything else. Presumably it's the same for internal as it is for external.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That was a tasty wiener