Hardware NTR CFW Streaming Audio Issue

kai98yoshi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

I want to use the NTR streaming feature to capture gameplay footage while playing 3DS games.

Evereything has worked fine so far. I can see the 3DS screens on my Laptop's Desktop.

But there is an annoying issue with the sound recording. If I connect my 3DS with my 3.5mm AUX to my laptop's microphone port and if I activate the function that the 3DS's ingame sound is played through my laptop's speakers the sound will only work for about 30 seconds properly. After that the sound begins to crackle and becomes randomly louder and quieter.

What does cause that issue? I've tried different AUX cables. The problem stays the same. Also, I've connected normal headphones to my 3DS. There is no issue at at all, sound is totally fine. So the issue can't have to do with the 3DS's audio output neither with my AUX cables.

So, is it a Windows 10 issue or is something wrong with my laptop's microphone port?

Thank you for your answers.

Last edited by kai98yoshi,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi,

I want to use the NTR streaming feature to capture gameplay footage while playing 3DS games.

Evereything has worked fine so far. I can see the 3DS screens on my Laptop's Desktop.

But there is an annoying issue with the sound recording. If I connect my 3DS with my 3.5mm AUX to my laptop's microphone port and if I activate the function that the 3DS's ingame sound is played through my laptop's speakers the sound will only work for about 30 seconds properly. After that the sound begins to crackle and becomes randomly louder and quieter.

What does cause that issue? I've tried different AUX cables. The problem stays the same. Also, I've connected normal headphones to my 3DS. There is no issue at at all, sound is totally fine. So the issue can't have to do with the 3DS's audio output neither with my AUX cables.

So, is it a Windows 10 issue or is something wrong with my laptop's microphone port?

Thank you for your answers.
Mic port isn't really designed for line in use, so the sound quality won't be as good as with a real line in port, but still those issues you're describing don't seem normal.
Try messing with these settings:
HYzUlOr.png

You might have other settings on that page than I do.
It's possible one of them could be causing that issue.

Edit: Also, if you have Realtek, there are two ways you can enable listening to an input device. Either from the settings integrated to Windows, or in the Realtek control panel itself. Those do NOT do the same thing. If you enable it from the Realtek software, it's actually the Realtek software (or driver) playing it back, not the function integrated into Windows, so you might have different results with the two.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work