Homebrew NUSspli - Install content directly from the Nintendo Update Servers to your Wii U

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
This is definitely interesting, I’ll be looking into it, a couple of questions though...

-Is this safe or can it get my account banned?
-Does it work on ofw or only cfw? (I already have cfw but thought to ask)
-Can I use this to download dlc as well?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
-Is this safe or can it get my account banned?
-Does it work on ofw or only cfw? (I already have cfw but thought to ask)
-Can I use this to download dlc as well?
1. Well nobody has been banned yet for using it so I feel its safe to say it's safe to use :rofl2:

2. It's a homebrew app so requires cfw to run

3. Yes indeed it can.

Edit @V10lator got in first :rofl2:

Reactions: Alexander1970

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What will happen when the NUS servers shut down will this too and could you make your own NUS server with all the data?

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What will happen when the NUS servers shut down will this too and could you make your own NUS server with all the data?
The NUS servers are not being closed only the ability to buy new content from them are being removed. All the games will still be on the servers for people who previously bought games to be able to redownload them. NUSspli will still function as it always has.

Reactions: Alexander1970

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
1. Well nobody has been banned yet for using it so I feel its safe to say it's safe to use :rofl2:

2. It's a homebrew app so requires cfw to run

3. Yes indeed it can.

Edit @V10lator got in first :rofl2:
Homebrew apps run fine on ofw even installing games on a hard drive via USB Helper, no cfw is required but I guess this one requires cfw.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Homebrew apps run fine on ofw even installing games on a hard drive via USB Helper, no cfw is required but I guess this one requires cfw.
Well yes I kind of phased what I meant wrong and should have said you still need to run some kind of exploit to boot homebrew IE the browser hax ect. Lol you can't just load the WiiU then the app.

Also with noting for anyone who doesn't know is CFW will be required for out of region content and VC Titles.

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
USB Helpe needs to know the game keys while NUSspli creates them on the fly ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-wii-u-titlekey-generation-algorithm-leaked.566318/#post-9075393 ). For this creating process it needs the Wii Us common key which is stored on OTP. In the past we exploited IOSU to get OTP access but that was unstable. Today we use a Tiramisu API call instead which is rock solid and way less code to maintain. Also some other codes are CFW dependant but with this API change we also removed Haxchi (very hacky CFW which needed a ton of workarounds for example to be able to use USB access + MCP at the same time - something no other homebrew did before) support.

could you make your own NUS server with all the data?
No. Well, theoretically it's possible but also illegal so we won't do it.

tendomonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case these games are on the eShop (listed here: http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database ) - Yes.
In case these games are injects and you want to use NUSspli like WUP Installer - Yes.

Downloads and installs just fine for me.

0005000c10176800 is not available on the NUS. So @tendomonkey what exactly is generating this error?

Thank you for looking at it. Getting directly from NUS via FunKiiU.py and the error I quoted was a red screen in NUSspli. I haven't had an issue with any other title so far on Tiramisu/NUSspli. Pretty strange why just this one has issues.

tendomonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not download with NUSspli? Also what was the exact title ID? Lastly calling @dojafoja

The console is in a location with too little bandwidth to download. The ability for NUSspli to perform installs from local files is a huge plus for me. The title ID is 0005000010176800. It seems like you replied to that ID saying it installed fine for you, so maybe you're asking for something other than that? Does that title install OK for you by downloading and installing it locally? Thanks again!

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The title ID is 0005000010176800. It seems like you replied to that ID saying it installed fine for you
Yea, just wanted to confirm as that's the title ID of the main game, not of DLC.

Does that title install OK for you by downloading and installing it locally? Thanks again!
When download from NUSspli: Yes. Waiting for @dojafoja as IIRC he's the FunKiiU author.

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB Helpe needs to know the game keys while NUSspli creates them on the fly ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-wii-u-titlekey-generation-algorithm-leaked.566318/#post-9075393 ). For this creating process it needs the Wii Us common key which is stored on OTP. In the past we exploited IOSU to get OTP access but that was unstable. Today we use a Tiramisu API call instead which is rock solid and way less code to maintain. Also some other codes are CFW dependant but with this API change we also removed Haxchi (very hacky CFW which needed a ton of workarounds for example to be able to use USB access + MCP at the same time - something no other homebrew did before) support.

No. Well, theoretically it's possible but also illegal so we won't do it.
Only illegal of police are around is what my dad always told me😎

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Only illegal of police are around is what my dad always told me😎
Be a dad for yourself, then you'll think differently... :ha:
Also do you really think no authorities are watching NUSspli closely? We're gray area and won't do illegal things! Fell free to mirror the NUS for yourself through... Maybe we'll switch to using your mirror... Big maybe through...

Reactions: ArgoRV and Kopimist

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be a dad for yourself, then you'll think differently... :ha:
Also do you really think no authorities are watching NUSspli closely? We're gray area and won't do illegal things! Fell free to mirror the NUS for yourself through... Maybe we'll switch to using your mirror... Big maybe through...
If the feds are watching in that case hi fbi pls don't send v10lator to jail he's a great dev

Reactions: Kopimist

tendomonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, just wanted to confirm as that's the title ID of the main game, not of DLC.

When download from NUSspli: Yes. Waiting for @dojafoja as IIRC he's the FunKiiU author.

I worded my question poorly - sorry. What I meant to ask is if it works for you the way I do it: download said title externally, copy it to the SD card, and then install it "offline" via NUSspli. Digging around a bit more (and for other platforms like PS3), I have a feeling there may be something a little odd about this title.

All that aside, thanks for all your effort on this awesome tool!

EeveeTrainer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I've been having a problem with trying to open NUSspli via Haxchi (installed via the DS game exploit). I have the version of NUSspli that's compatible, but when I try to open Haxchi, it just stays on the white Wii U screen and beeps.

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've been having a problem with trying to open NUSspli via Haxchi
we also removed Haxchi (very hacky CFW which needed a ton of workarounds for example to be able to use USB access + MCP at the same time - something no other homebrew did before) support.

it just stays on the white Wii U screen and beeps.
unstable.

I have the version of NUSspli that's compatible
What version is that? Also: No support for old versions.

xTheRussianx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody have an answer for the sigpatch error when trying to download from NUSSpli on Tiramisu? I know for a fact the rpx is in the right place, but I keep getting the error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Chips Ahoy cookies :D:wub::D