Homebrew NUSspli - Install content directly from the Nintendo Update Servers to your Wii U

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible for Nuspli to tell what version is the Software you search? For example you type "Kart", and it tells which one is the SNES or WIIU version? A search by "first" letter? you type "K" and all that is beginning with K appears?
A way to see difference between official wiiu games, wiiware and emulated?

Misunderstood Wookie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible for Nuspli to tell what version is the Software you search? For example you type "Kart", and it tells which one is the SNES or WIIU version? A search by "first" letter? you type "K" and all that is beginning with K appears?
A way to see difference between official wiiu games, wiiware and emulated?
If it shows titleID you can just look up the title in whatever titlekeys file you have

blackbrew

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
abc.moc
XP
Country
Netherlands
@V10lator , last update was very good.. any future plans to add the possibility to link to local home web servers or ftp to install from my own collections, considering the unknown life time of nintendo's servers.

Misunderstood Wookie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@V10lator , last update was very good.. any future plans to add the possibility to link to local home web servers or ftp to install from my own collections, considering the unknown life time of nintendo's servers.
Yeah that is what I was thinking if we could run a SMB Shared location on a local server I wonder if it could talk too that and grab the files. Also if that was case no reason somebody cannot throw a SMB share up on a DNS address and create a secret eshop.

Reactions: blackbrew

Videomanman87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First I wanted to say great app! So wonderful to be able to do download backups of my games direct to SD card. So much easier than other methods (at least the ones I have worked with so far).

But a question, it does download in WUP Installer format correct? I did a download test first (zelda ocarina of time) to SD card a couple of days ago before my HD arrived, and today I used WUP Installer y mod to install to the HD. While it appeared to work at first, when I tried to run it I got a error about the title and it needed to be redownloaded from the eshop. Then I tried a install from the SD to HD again (same files) using NUSSpli, and it worked fine. I didn't have the title installed internal or on the HD previous to this.

I am using tiramisu, and NUSspli updated itself as well so I assume that is the latest version.

On a side note, does deleting a title via data management get rid of everything? Or does it leave bits behind and I should use something else to get them all?

And finally, is resume working if the connection drops/crash happens (or even canceled say by accident)? I saw there was a resume bug a while back but haven't been through the entire thread to see if it was fixed. My connection sometimes drops and I wanted to make sure.

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
First I wanted to say great app! So wonderful to be able to do download backups of my games direct to SD card. So much easier than other methods (at least the ones I have worked with so far).

But a question, it does download in WUP Installer format correct? I did a download test first (zelda ocarina of time) to SD card a couple of days ago before my HD arrived, and today I used WUP Installer y mod to install to the HD. While it appeared to work at first, when I tried to run it I got a error about the title and it needed to be redownloaded from the eshop. Then I tried a install from the SD to HD again (same files) using NUSSpli, and it worked fine. I didn't have the title installed internal or on the HD previous to this.

I am using tiramisu, and NUSspli updated itself as well so I assume that is the latest version.

On a side note, does deleting a title via data management get rid of everything? Or does it leave bits behind and I should use something else to get them all?

And finally, is resume working if the connection drops/crash happens (or even canceled say by accident)? I saw there was a resume bug a while back but haven't been through the entire thread to see if it was fixed. My connection sometimes drops and I wanted to make sure.
make sure you have 01_sigpatches.rpx

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi @V10lator Any info for this?

"Possible USB failure. Check your drives power source. Also files might be corrupt"
https://github.com/V10lator/NUSspli/issues/80 (most likely USB (power) issues).

@mrmagicm No, sorry.

any future plans to add the possibility to link to local home web servers or ftp to install from my own collections
At the time of writing and as long as the NUS stays online for the forseeable future: No.

So if I may ask, how/why does this work and not get people banned?
It works thanks to a security hole Nintendo patched for the 3DS years ago. People don't get banned as Nintendo doesn't care (they could patch the hole for the Wii U with ease...).

I used WUP Installer y mod
So not a NUSspli bug, right? Would say bad USB drive (power source).
My connection sometimes drops and I wanted to make sure.
As long as CafeOS (the operating system on the Wii U) is able to reconnect it will work. Sometimes a reboot seems to be needed through: Nintendo bug, so nothing we can do.

Last edited by V10lator,

MadenameXD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the Error 128 Socket Not Found or Not Connected from? It happened when I'd turned my TV off to let something download/install and when I turned the TV back on there was no signal and the Wii U was unresponsive so I had to do a hard-shutdown.

Videomanman87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So not a NUSspli bug, right? Would say bad USB drive (power source).

As long as CafeOS (the operating system on the Wii U) is able to reconnect it will work. Sometimes a reboot seems to be needed through: Nintendo bug, so nothing we can do.
Nope not a NUSspli bug (that I can tell), I was just confirming that it uses WUP Installer format or something different. And if it is WUP format to try another installer to see if the problem was the app I was using or something else (though not a big deal since NUSspli can install fine). It is not the power source as the HD is externally powered via a 5v 2amp adapter.

Ok thanks and understood about Nintendo bug and needing a reboot to get it to reconnect during a download at times. But at least it DOES (usually) reconnect/resume the download. That is what I wanted to know. :)

Sant0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
@V10lator Fantastic work with the 1.89 update🤗 Now it's THE definitive app for install/uninstall wiiu software. Thank you so much for considering my requests.

Improvements in this update 1.89:
1. Easy uninstall: Shows all the installed games/apps at one place by pressing right d-pad on the main options screen.
2. Fast scrolling: scroll quickly through games list by press and hold a d-pad button.
3. Internet connection is not needed to uninstall titles.
and more...

Reactions: ArgoRV

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

mazingetter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hi! First of all thanks for such a great piece of software, works flawlessly on my WiiU. What I want to ask is if there’s any way to turn off the gamepad screen while it downloads something?

Thanks!

Mhart88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the program. Only one question. Will background downloads be possible in the future? I'd like to be able to play Wind Waker HD or one of my other games and have the title downloading in the background. Not really too big of a deal as I can always play my PlayStation while I'm waiting for the Wii U to finish but I would much rather prefer to have background download capability instead of having the Wii U tied up for an hour or two because I'm currently downloading Super Smash Brothers U and it says it's going to take about 2 hours

Last edited by Mhart88,

Videomanman87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today I tried for the first time a larger game (Watch Dogs, 15gig) and while it appeared to download fine, it won't install to the HD (enclosure is externally powered with a 5v 2a wall wart it came with). I downloaded to the SD card then tried to install (with still over 50gig free on the card after the download). I did update to the latest NUSspli but I *may* have downloaded with 1.91 I can't remember if I saw the update available notification before or after the download.

Perhaps a glitch, but either way I will wait a bit before I try again. That was a lot of time and bandwidth lol.

Last edited by Videomanman87,

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I always have to update NUSPLI from your site to SD, it cannot seem to update itself on my wiiu, I dunno why.....
Tried to download ninja pizza girl, but it fails....Maybe it is corrupted on nintendo side, can someone try?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @GhostLatte approves