NXMP Nintendo Switch Media Player

nxmp-banner.jpg

NXMP is an open-source Nintendo Switch media player based on MPV and FFMPEG, supporting a wide range of media file formats and codecs.
NXMP is coded by @proconsule54 and @darkxex

It support HTTP,FTP,SFTP,Samba,NFS streaming and it also support Enigma2 decoders. Starting from 0.7.0 Version it features HW Decoding for H264,HEVC,VP9,VP8,MPEG2 up to 4K HDR@30fps

NXMP it's on early versions and active dev state so expect any kind of bugs, anyways it's fully functional and tested before every release

Project repository|Stable Build
Stable: v0.9.0

Features:
  • HW Decoding (since v0.7.0) for (H264,HEVC,VP9,VP8,MPEG2)
  • Extense support of media file formats and codecs, including audio too as well​
  • Touch and controller support, control the MP as you want​
  • Video deinterlace support
  • Advanced image settings, configure the brightness and color options, change aspect ratio and rotate the screen​
  • Custom subtitles, you can configure options like color, text size and position to your preferences​
  • Full sound EQ, allow adjust the sound equalizer to your preferences, you can define presets too​
  • Chapters navigator with titles support​
  • Selector of Video/Audio/Subtitle tracks during play​
  • Playlist queue, allow to enque desired files on a playlist for non-stop play​
  • Resume play, you can continue your videos where you previusly stop it​
  • Watch status, watched videos are marked as green on file explorer​
  • Shadermania, you can apply any shader compatible with MPV to NXMP​

Media sources supported:
  • Nintendo Switch SD Card
  • USB drive attached to dock or Switch with USB C adapter (FAT, NTFS and EXT4, up to 32 drives)
  • HTTP/S files through network
  • FTP and SFTP files
  • Samba (SMB) files shared throught network
  • NFS
  • Enigma2 (allow to view TV channel from satellite decoders compatible with this protocol)

Screenshoots:

2021110300034400.jpg2021110300031500.jpg2021110300032100.jpg2021110300023000.jpg

Post here any kind of bug/suggestions.
Enjoy!

Thanks to libusbhsfs https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/libusbhsfs for USB drives support
Thanks to @averne for HW Decoding FFMpeg! and for many many hints
Thanks to @bodyXY for the banner and the icons!
Thanks to @Godorowski for player UI design and releated icons
Thanks to @Chocola for beta testing a player guide

Last edited by proconsule54,

UnT7oh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@proconsule54
I am with you from the beginning, I helped you many, we worked together for the kids, but now we are going to a bad direction like VLC.

The current state of NXMP is fine, it is not complicated, pure & clear like MPV, but if you fill the GUI & the player with many options, then we lost the simple way.

@Godorowski has real mind with aspect ratio & he was the only one, who suggested you to keep the player simple. Thanks Godorowski, you helped a lot.

But my suggestion is that, do not follow the random people & their wishes here, they have complicated mind with full of ignorance, but keep the player simple, therefore do not release any version, just wait for hardware accelerator & clear the code. The GUI is slow & not working on low firmware.

If you want to follow the random people here, please remove my name from NXMP github page, because this means that, I can't help you anymore, we lost the way, the pure & clear mind. But if you follow the simple mind, the eternal life, please keep in touch with me on the Facebook. Thank you & love you.

Please stop posting this absolute nonsense in this thread, I'll be reporting all of your off-topic pseudo religious rubbish from now on and I encourage other users to do the same. You've taken up half of the NXMP thread with completely off-topic posts.

NXMP is not your software, you did a little bit of testing of a free software you were provided with and that's all. Stop trying to manipulate the developer to make something specifically tailored to what you want.

proconsule54 has put in hundreds of hours of development work to bring this tool to us, has been kind enough to incorporate many suggestions and take feedback on board and this should be respected and supported.

Last edited by UnT7oh,

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
@tataniko Nobody are "random people", we are all users of GBATemp like you and our only objetive it's give suggestions and feedback to @proconsule54.

I see "random people" as disrespect and superiority tone, and you are totally wrong.

NXMP have a lot of potential and going in the correct direction, didn't see any problems making it more configurable and add optional features, as developer said, didn't change nothing because all features and options are displayed on a submenu.

I'm tired to see a lot of homebrews with same goal to others and no differences, this homebrew let the switch act as media player, as I said on previous message, have a lot of potential on portable mode and docked if you have many docks on your house and your content available over LAN if the TV isn't smart or can't play the file format/codec, so please don't disturb this project.

I only give test/feedback and sugestions to developer, because I appreciate his work, but I am not trying to demand anything or focus it only on my needs, it is his software and he decides which direction to take.

P.D: I'm software developer, if I really want change the focus or go in other direction I can fork the homebrew and develop my different homebrew, but as I said, Im tired and really hate duplicate projects when we can work together on the same and make the things better.

@proconsule54 I'm not expert on switch homebrew (I just setup a simple development enviroment with devkitpro and develop simple things on my free time) but I know fine C++, if I can help with some thing just say to me and I try to do it on my free time.

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What i realy need now if someone who have time to do a good guide in github format for NXMP (i have very limited free time and i use all on coding).
If someone want to do so i will appreciate it a lot!

I agree with the "stay on topic", this will help me to keep track of all suggestion to make a priority TODO list for NXMP.
Next version will have many new options and a rewrite on some internal module for browsing so have a good track of bugs/issue is very important to keep software stable.
Thanks.

Reactions: hippy dave

VDDZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues running ftp, I'm on atmosphere 1.2.2 fw 12.1 my HD is connected to my router TP-Link Archer 2300 latest fw. I got the ftp address in there, there's no authentication so just an address. Any advice? No files populate, depending on where I point nxmp I get a blank file browser that I can back out of (if I point it to a bunk folder I believe in example vijeo not video) or it crashes (if I point it to a real location ie video).

Thanks a ton for all of your work! Really excited to get ftp streams on switch!

Reactions: proconsule54

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm having issues running ftp, I'm on atmosphere 1.2.2 fw 12.1 my HD is connected to my router TP-Link Archer 2300 latest fw. I got the ftp address in there, there's no authentication so just an address. Any advice? No files populate, depending on where I point nxmp I get a blank file browser that I can back out of (if I point it to a bunk folder I believe in example vijeo not video) or it crashes (if I point it to a real location ie video).

Thanks a ton for all of your work! Really excited to get ftp streams on switch!
probably is due to a lack of auth. strange scenario but good to know i will test this.
a fix will come in 0.4.0 if i can replicate the issue

also consider that often ftp server embedded in routers act in a strange way, so a fix may need more time,
you can post me a log of ls command on the root of ftp just to see it tabs and space are "compliant"

Last edited by proconsule54,
Reactions: VDDZ

proconsule54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dev Update:
Testing neary done.
I gave up with deintrlace for now because is too heavy for switch all in cpu. i have some ideas but for future version.
Usb that stopped working in my tests now is back with full features.
If all done a release will come in the next hours (hope so)

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I found a new bug:

If you open the right menu during video play and let it end without close it the menu stay over navigation UI, didnt allow you to navigate because the menu have the focus and you can't close it because didn't listen to < key.

Closing the menu if it's opened at end of player prevent this bug, ocurrs too if you play a network content and lose network (simulated with flight mode), when buffer end and no more content are cached, the video stop and back to navigation menu, but right menu overlay stills open.

For now the unic way to navigate again in this case it's pressing + and running the homebrew again.

boomy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How do I get subtitles to work? When I select tracks > subs I keep getting "sid: no". Do I need to rename the srt file to a particular format?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)