Hardware O3DS Will Not Turn On

ihaveawindows

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So this is about my brothers' O3DS he bought around June two years ago. It was working fine until it wasn't. I tampered with it in the luma settings (Power+Select) and forgot which setting I inputted it. So now each time I power up his O3DS, it just goes on a black screen with the blue power button on. SD is also missing (it was fine, but then it got corrupted, had to get a new one). I haven't used it for two YEARS. So maybe the shelf life has taken a toll? What d you guys think? Also, the firmware, when it was still in its golden ages, was 11.6U. It had sighax(?) I can't tell which CFW it was running because I haven't used it in two years. What do you think?

P.S
Tried to unbrick it by using a Phillips screw and opening up the back (in the possibility of a hard brick but to no avail) and one of the screws got stripped.

Reactions: MrMcTiller

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So this is about my brothers' O3DS he bought around June two years ago. It was working fine until it wasn't. I tampered with it in the luma settings (Power+Select) and forgot which setting I inputted it. So now each time I power up his O3DS, it just goes on a black screen with the blue power button on. SD is also missing (it was fine, but then it got corrupted, had to get a new one). I haven't used it for two YEARS. So maybe the shelf life has taken a toll? What d you guys think? Also, the firmware, when it was still in its golden ages, was 11.6U. It had sighax(?) I can't tell which CFW it was running because I haven't used it in two years. What do you think?

P.S
Tried to unbrick it by using a Phillips screw and opening up the back (in the possibility of a hard brick but to no avail) and one of the screws got stripped.
What happen if you try to turn on the console, but with the SD card off and pressing the SELECT button on boot?

MrMcTiller

GBATemp's Tiller
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

P.S
Do you know if Luma3ds is installed onto the NAND? If not, then it needs the sd card with LumaCFW on it in order to boot. Try downloading the latest version of Luma and put the boot.firm on the sd card. Make sure the sd card is formatted to FAT32

ihaveawindows

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
What happen if you try to turn on the console, but with the SD card off and pressing the SELECT button on boot?

My SD Card is empty...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you know if Luma3ds is installed onto the NAND? If not, then it needs the sd card with LumaCFW on it in order to boot. Try downloading the latest version of Luma and put the boot.firm on the sd card. Make sure the sd card is formatted to FAT32

Tried doing that but to no avail

ihaveawindows

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
When you power on the device without an SD card, does the blue light come on and then quickly turn off, or does the blue light stay on forever?
It stays on forever

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can you perharps ear some pop/clack type sound when you turn on the console?

You could try with the battery trick, for now. If that doesn't help, then possibly you should use ntrboot to run GodMode9 and then use CTRTransfer method.
No sound, maybe I'll try the battery trick for now, and no, I don't have an R4 (Planning to buy one since I have a DS Lite)

I forgot to tell you guys, I have a second 3DS.... maybe that'll help?

Last edited by ihaveawindows,
Reactions: MrMcTiller

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try ntrboot once your flashcart arrives.
It could be the WiFi-module as well. DS(i) and old 2|3DS consoles do exactly this (power light and nothing else) when the WiFi chip is missing (or is defective). If ntrboot does not work find a way to get rid of the stupid stripped screw in order to try reseating and maybe cleaning the connectors and maybe even replacing the WiFi chip.
Nintendo used some soft metal here and really tightened the screws. I've read that they also used JIS and not Phillips screws which look almost the same but supposedly can be easily damaged with Phillips screwdrivers.

Good luck!

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @AncientBois awake hide your kids +1