Stryd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone,
I tried look around but i didn't really find much about this "issue", so i thought i would ask:
I own an oled with an old chip ( spacecraft v1). I haven't updated it in a little bit, so yesterday i decided to;
I have a sysMMC + emuMMC setup, sys being "clean" and all that jazz, if you know what i mean.
I updated sys to 15.0.0, then turned it off, replaced Atmosphere files in sd, made sure i kept my old hekate_pl.ini and put back the sd in the switch.
After powering it up, i noticed the chip would blink purple for some time, then would go red: nothing would appear on screen.
I thought i made a mistake in replacing files so i copied over everything again ( i used HATS pack from sthetix), put back on the sd and magically turned on, with chip going purple into green light.
I never really experienced this before, so i was wondering if it was just a file getting corrupted when i copied over or, i don't know honestly :wtf:

I own 3 switches and i'm very aware of how delicate these kind of operations are, so. better safe than sorry i would say.
Hope to hear something back!

Stryd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Try to 100% remove Atmosphere (folder) and copy the new one over.
Plus update your Hekate? I can't see that you said you id that.
Hey! My apologies, i should've been more specific!
Thank you for the response,
I have updated atmosphere, yes, i believe i deleted "atmosphere, bootloader, config, switch" folders, rest was replaced. (this was the time it didn't work)
After putting in the HATS pack, i replaced the hekate_pl.ini that was present with the one i made some time ago.

That was it, really.
The second time ( the one that made it work), i simply copied over the HATS pack in it's entirety without replacing anything.
However, after i was able to get back in and everything was running fine, i swapped back the hekate_pl.ini ( i thought that was the problem at first) but it worked normally. I wonder if one of the files went corrupt or missing when copying over.
SD card is 256gb FAT32

Stryd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I normally don't recommend those kind of packs. Maybe Deepsea but not else. I update Atmosphere and Hekate manually since then I know they work.
Yeah, that's what i'll be doing next time most likely. I never had issues before but this was an odd one to be sincere.
I know the chip is working just fine, so i assume something was wrong with the sd files.
Very odd behaviour tho if you ask me!

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah, that's what i'll be doing next time most likely. I never had issues before but this was an odd one to be sincere.
I know the chip is working just fine, so i assume something was wrong with the sd files.
Very odd behaviour tho if you ask me!
Sure, I know that spacecraft-nx 0.1 isn't good for the oled, so maybe it's that?

Stryd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sure, I know that spacecraft-nx 0.1 isn't good for the oled, so maybe it's that?
No idea, could be. I flash sdloader every fw update so it avoids that little voltage problem it has.
Other than that i'm unsure really.

Stryd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
SpacecraftNX is the firmware not the chip itself lol
I am aware, what i meant it's that i own an unflashable one, apologies.

Sound like you didn't flash the sdloader update correctly.

No idea how i could've gotten that wrong to be sincere.
sdloader.enc in root, launch hwfly_toolbox -> update.

As i said, i do this every FW update.
EDIT: i forgot to add a reply:

Time to change to oled chip. Is it possible? Local sw store?
Unfortunately it's not possible :(

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok.. anyway you can reset your chip by entering rcm with a jig. can't post source here but if you want to find it try searching a bit on reddit.

btw don't bother updating sdloader, the chip will revert it back, already been verified in another thread.

Stryd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok.. anyway you can reset your chip by entering rcm with a jig. can't post source here but if you want to find it try searching a bit on reddit.

btw don't bother updating sdloader, the chip will revert it back, already been verified in another thread.
I am unsure what you mean by "reverting back". I tested it myself and it does indeed update it and works as intended.

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,
I tried look around but i didn't really find much about this "issue", so i thought i would ask:
I own an oled with an old chip ( spacecraft v1). I haven't updated it in a little bit, so yesterday i decided to;
I have a sysMMC + emuMMC setup, sys being "clean" and all that jazz, if you know what i mean.
I updated sys to 15.0.0, then turned it off, replaced Atmosphere files in sd, made sure i kept my old hekate_pl.ini and put back the sd in the switch.
After powering it up, i noticed the chip would blink purple for some time, then would go red: nothing would appear on screen.
I thought i made a mistake in replacing files so i copied over everything again ( i used HATS pack from sthetix), put back on the sd and magically turned on, with chip going purple into green light.
I never really experienced this before, so i was wondering if it was just a file getting corrupted when i copied over or, i don't know honestly :wtf:

I own 3 switches and i'm very aware of how delicate these kind of operations are, so. better safe than sorry i would say.
Hope to hear something back!
Your problem sounds very similar to this:

Resetting the chip and having it train again may do the job for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1