Gaming Official Pokemon Conquest Discussion Thread

Charizard Vs Dragonite

• Total voters

Silent Storm

Trophies
XP
Country
I feel like buying a preowned US version of Conquest, but I want to ask... Is the US version of the game region locked?

I know this game is DSi Enhanced, but the original Pokemon BW had no region lock for the western versions.

Region locked on the DSi.

It works fine on a European 3DS but don't know about a Japanese one (might be region locked but I don't remember the details of that).

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I feel like buying a preowned US version of Conquest, but I want to ask... Is the US version of the game region locked?

I know this game is DSi Enhanced, but the original Pokemon BW had no region lock for the western versions.

Region locked on the DSi.

It works fine on a European 3DS but don't know about a Japanese one (might be region locked but I don't remember the details of that).
Well to avoid all the fuss I'll just play it on DSTWO. I can live without the DSi features. :tpi:

Reactions: 1 person

Silent Storm

Trophies
XP
Country
What is weird about it is that DSi features were enabled when played on the 3DS.

It also didn't have the standard region codes, instead it had a region code of "T", so I assume that the US version is the exact same thing coding wise as the Australian version, because the Australian version didn't even work on European DSi's despite Australia being under Europe. Then again this game wasn't even developed by Game Freak so I guess they handled things differently.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is weird about it is that DSi features were enabled when played on the 3DS.

It also didn't have the standard region codes, instead it had a region code of "T", so I assume that the US version is the exact same thing coding wise as the Australian version, because the Australian version didn't even work on European DSi's despite Australia being under Europe. Then again this game wasn't even developed by Game Freak so I guess they handled things differently.
Aus is usually part of the PAL region, but ehh anythings possible

Akecchi

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
After spending an hour reading the thread looking for my answer I finally had enough and though I'd ask for help directly.
I have this card. http://r4igold.cc/classic_main.asp
I upgraded the firmware and the kernal today.
I have a clean rom the file name ended with a (U) so I don't know if that has any relevance.
The game won't work. White screen and before that the 'loading' letters go from white to purple. Something that doesn't happen to any other rom.
I'm starting to think there no solution and that my card is very unpopular seeing as how no matter what I google it's always about Wood, 3DS or Plus. Never just plain Gold.

Now to hope the thread isn't dead.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
After spending an hour reading the thread looking for my answer I finally had enough and though I'd ask for help directly.
I have this card. http://r4igold.cc/classic_main.asp
I upgraded the firmware and the kernal today.
I have a clean rom the file name ended with a (U) so I don't know if that has any relevance.
The game won't work. White screen and before that the 'loading' letters go from white to purple. Something that doesn't happen to any other rom.
I'm starting to think there no solution and that my card is very unpopular seeing as how no matter what I google it's always about Wood, 3DS or Plus. Never just plain Gold.

Now to hope the thread isn't dead.

So if you're sure you updated it, did you try retro cart's updates? http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-retrogamefan-dat-update-682-6076-f30560.html
http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-retrogamefan-multi-cart-update-683-f30603.html

RaphaelDDL

Trophies
Website
raphaelddl.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Just wondering, which patch I should use for SuperCard DSONEi ?
Unfortunately it does not work neither clean nor patch modes so an additional patch is needed :/
Sure its not the firmware you are using?

Well, latest EOS version (for some ages since have no updates) and the 2012-07-12 version as cart firmware (for 3DS 4.3.0-9x - there is just one more that makes it work on 3DS 4.3.0-10x but no other changes and since I haven't updated 3DS, no need for new flashcard firmware yet)

Keep in mind I have a DSONEi, not DSTWO which are different.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been playing Conquest but I play it very intermittently, I want to keep going on but I actually seem to lack confidence in pressing on.

I've just conquered the neighbouring grass and water kingdoms and well, I'm just not very certain about some things.

If I neglect to challenge a kingdom after too long, which one of my castles be invaded?
How do I even link with a pokémon?
Am I limited to having a number of warriors that can be held in my current number of castles?
What's the worst outcome for facing defeat in a battle?

It's just bothering me for some reason. I'm not even that far in!

Black-Ice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been playing Conquest but I play it very intermittently, I want to keep going on but I actually seem to lack confidence in pressing on.

I've just conquered the neighbouring grass and water kingdoms and well, I'm just not very certain about some things.

If I neglect to challenge a kingdom after too long, which one of my castles be invaded?
In the later parts of the game, yes
In the later parts of the game
Am I limited to having a number of warriors that can be held in my current number of castles?
Losing a castle in a prime location

Just wondering, which patch I should use for SuperCard DSONEi ?
Unfortunately it does not work neither clean nor patch modes so an additional patch is needed :/
Sure its not the firmware you are using?

Well, latest EOS version (for some ages since have no updates) and the 2012-07-12 version as cart firmware (for 3DS 4.3.0-9x - there is just one more that makes it work on 3DS 4.3.0-10x but no other changes and since I haven't updated 3DS, no need for new flashcard firmware yet)

Keep in mind I have a DSONEi, not DSTWO which are different.
Argh you know I cant currently find any reference to DSONEi success stories right now.
And the fact you are playing on the 3ds makes it a bit more difficult.
If no firmware changes can be made, experiment with roms, but thats all I can offer currently sorry :/

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka

I can only answer some questions:

Later in the game go to a kingdom you conquered and choose some kind of places where wild pokemon would be and move next to a wild pokemon and if your trainer can catch the pokemon, there will be a button called link and then you'll have to hit some random buttons.

Yes.

Black-Ice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Random.
This wasn't originally your thread Ice, right?
No, but the OP needed to be an adequate person who could organize mass information efficiently, neatly and in standard english while the pokeflood was happening.
It also needed to be someone on good terms with the mods who also happened to be online alot.
That was me.

Look at it, neatest mass info OP ever :wub:

Black-Ice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/O8G6DCnlLDQ