Country
United States
Reactions: andijames

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It is not as if the online wasn't working.. he had problems with his account and it seemed like a temporal ban of some kind, he could not redownload previously bought games and now he can download them again and play online. He wasn't referring to ReiNX.

TEMPORAL ban? Was his console banned from space and time? I know you meant temporary but still

andijames

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Am I being thick or is piracy talk supposed to be a no no around here? Seems like that rule's gone the way of the dodo...

Also @EclipseSin have you not updated to enable exfat support? Seems that's the format to go for larger files. Although saying that lakka doesn't support it but that's another topic!

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Am I being thick or is piracy talk supposed to be a no no around here? Seems like that rule's gone the way of the dodo...

Also @EclipseSin have you not updated to enable exfat support? Seems that's the format to go for larger files. Although saying that lakka doesn't support it but that's another topic!
No piracy links, but talking about it is fine

Priyam

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Nope. All seems okay...i think. But now i wait for official CFW like Luma3DS+B9S and Freeshop. The first steps are done. Lets hope that the devs continue their works.
If you have been keeping track with the latest developments about full system ban, you wouldn't have said this silly thing. "like luma3ds+BS9+freeshop" this will never be possible again

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a request from another thread because that user is not on the latest firmware and willing to get the exFAT update offline.

Reactions: andijames

l915205

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
If you have been keeping track with the latest developments about full system ban, you wouldn't have said this silly thing. "like luma3ds+BS9+freeshop" this will never be possible again
It is already possible. But FreeShop does not have custom certs support yet. Use CDNSP for safety instead .

Reactions: BaamAlex

Thatcher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently on 4.1, I have installed the exfat update offline and it works fine in hekate. (Followed this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-the-exfat-driver-without-updating-2-x.505176/)

However reinx seems to think the exfat update isn't installed ? Any ideas ?

Can your Switch read the card when formatted to exFat in OFW? AFAIK Hekate can natively read exFat cards and will work regardless of you having the update installed.

EDIT: Apparently the FS.kip file in ReiNX isn't the exFat supported version. This would explain it.

Last edited by Thatcher,

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can your Switch read the card when formatted to exFat in OFW? AFAIK Hekate can natively read exFat cards and will work regardless of you having the update installed.

hi, I'm on 4.1 with an SX pro but without exfat support, I've made a nand backup on a fat32 card but hekate split it into 2gb parts (as expected) , so if i had formatted the card for exfat i could have made a nand backup in 1 file and not split ?.

oh i have a sxpro which would need to load hekate from my fat32 sd card, so that wouldnt be possible, but if i sent hekate from my phone or pc it would not need to load hekate from my sdcard and if i sent it from pc or phone i could format my sd card or another spare sd card to exfat and create a nand backup in 1 file?

thanks

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I've been using exFat for a while, I was speaking for others. Nintendo supports Fat32 for all game sizes by splitting NCA's from my understanding, so adding split NSP support for those still on Fat32 shouldn't hurt anything. Internally the storage is Fat32 I think by the way.

Edit: Also, talking about piracy in of itself doesn't necessarily go against the rules. It's providing information on where to obtain illegal material and such. Playing a backup of your bought library is an acceptable gray area, which is not piracy but usually revolves around the same mechanics. Nobody is dumb, but there are people who use those features for legitimate reasons, due to prices in their area (some are jacked, and it is truly expensive for these people to buy one game) or their logic to buying a game(s). More would be a conversation for a controversial thread about piracy though, and it is always back and forth meriting the same points on both sides of the gray that make up black and white.

It will always be the greater who are just cheap though, I will not deny that.

Last edited by EclipseSin,

Thatcher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, I'm on 4.1 with an SX pro but without exfat support, I've made a nand backup on a fat32 card but hekate split it into 2gb parts (as expected) , so if i had formatted the card for exfat i could have made a nand backup in 1 file and not split ?.

oh i have a sxpro which would need to load hekate from my fat32 sd card, so that wouldnt be possible, but if i sent hekate from my phone or pc it would not need to load hekate from my sdcard and if i sent it from pc or phone i could format my sd card or another spare sd card to exfat and create a nand backup in 1 file?

thanks

That's right, if the card inserted is exFat Hekate would have dumped the NAND as a single ~29GB file. If it's Fat32 then it will split the backup into files to conform with the single file size limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer