aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Halo 3 (Home rip) is right now being uploaded at Blackc***. It should be ready to be downloaded in a couple of hours. It's been said that it's region free. Here's to hoping that it's real.

QUOTE said:
NTSC ..Stealth patched. Tested on Ixtreme 1.2 Rev c and Rev 2 For hitachi and Samsung. Game was ripped with Xbox Backup Creator v2.5 and Kreon drive. Its good to go.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The majority of RRoD are caused by the solder connecting the GPU and CPU to the mainboard cracking. On the latest models this isn't a problem due to new heatsinks and a better 65mm CPU which has more chips per wafer,which means lower energy requirements, lower heat output.
So is the problem practically non-existant or just less likely with these newer models? I will be getting a 360 once I get the money(if I don't spend it on games!) and not sure if I mod it or not...

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it's less than likely with the newer ones as far as I know. once they have all the 65mm versions of 360's out it should be fixed. the 65mm xbox has lots of revisions including the smaller cpu

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Halo 3 (Home rip) is right now being uploaded at Blackc***. It should be ready to be downloaded in a couple of hours. It's been said that it's region free. Here's to hoping that it's real.

QUOTE said:
NTSC ..Stealth patched. Tested on Ixtreme 1.2 Rev c and Rev 2 For hitachi and Samsung. Game was ripped with Xbox Backup Creator v2.5 and Kreon drive. Its good to go.

Edit : Two versions out CCCLX and the "home" rip. One doesn't look right

Note: Took out the name of the uploader just in case he/she doesn't want their name on a public forum
dfhdfhux9.png

CODE
Title: Halo 3
Date: 9/19/07
System: XBOX360
Region: REGION FREE!! :D
Filename: *
Web: http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/734/734817.html
#Disks: *

* prepatched w/ included security files*

The epic saga continues with Halo® 3, the hugely anticipated third chapter
in the highly successful and critically acclaimed Halo franchise. Master Chief
returns to finish the fight, bringing the epic conflict between the Covenant,
the Flood, and the entire human race to a dramatic, pulse-pounding climax.
Halo 3 represents the third chapter in the Halo trilogy—an international award-winning
action series that grew into a global entertainment phenomenon, selling more than 14.5 million
units worldwide, logging more than 650 million hours of multiplayer action on Xbox LIVE®,
and spawning action figures, books, a graphic novel, apparel, an upcoming film adaptation,
and more.

- Next-gen advantage: Taking full advantage of the power of Xbox 360™, Halo 3 expands on
Âeverything that has made the Halo franchise great, adding a wealth of technical and
Âgameplay advancements.
Â
- Evolution of design: Next-generation high-definition visuals, enhanced A.I., an advanced
Âreal-time lighting engine, and new weapons, characters, and challenges are just a few
Âexamples of Halo 3's evolution of design and technology.
Â
- Unparalleled experience: Ultimately, these improvements provide gamers with an unparalleled
Âexperience and, in the end, tell an even more compelling and engrossing story.
Â
- Online multiplayer: Working in concert with Xbox LIVE on Xbox 360, Halo 3 builds upon the unique
Âsocial multiplayer experience and innovative, evolving online gameplay of Halo® 2.

*This will be our last rls, we will be moving on to torrents. ÂTorrents are the best damn
thing in ages. ÂWe intially started spreading the rls on torrents then we felt compelled
to do 1 last rls for the scene. ÂTorrents rock !!*

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I'm going to get my 360 this weekend and need some confirmation on the RRoD issue. So things to prevent it are:

1. Get a newer model (any other way to tell other than the HDMI logo?)
2. Get a cooling system? (any recommended ones?)

And the HDMI ones have drives that are unhackable right?
unsure.gif

(Also, those $100 wireless adapters are a ripoff...)

yus786

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
right, when i download iso's of games that i already own do i need to patch them using that stealth patch or do they already come patched? if i need to do it where is teh programme?

and is the 360 region free, or do i need to download specific games that i need to find out work on PAL machines or not?

regards

yus786

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
right, when i download iso's of games that i already own do i need to patch them using that stealth patch or do they already come patched? if i need to do it where is teh programme?

and is the 360 region free, or do i need to download specific games that i need to find out work on PAL machines or not?

regards

yus786

Some games are region free, some aren't and I don't know the answer to your other question.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking about trading my modded Wii for my cousin's 360.

But, 360s have so many problems with them.

Also...Halo 3 really bombed out.
frown.gif

It's not as good as I thought it was going to be.

It's OK, but not as good as Halo 2. I guess the Halo series was meant for multiplayer...

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looks like I might not be getting my gamertag soon...it seems to freeze right after I accept the Terms of Use screen. This had better just be a problem with Live because of Halo 3 and not anything hardware related...

unr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thinking of getting a 360 soon. Maybe local 360 gurus could answer a couple of questions for me (I know that all of these were asked only like a gajillion times, and all answers are a google search away, but it`s sunday god damn it and I`m feeling lazy):

1. Can any 360 be chipped/hacked? I heard that there are multiple DVD drive/motherboard revisions. Are there any I should avoid if I plan to "hack" xbox later?

2. Is full regionfree supported using chips/firmware hacks?

3. Can games be burnt on standard DVDs/dual layer DVDs with any DVD burner?

4. How do I avoid RRoD? Is getting a premium with HDMI sticker sufficient?

5. Will I have any trouble using NTSC console in Europe? Will XBL still work as expected?

6. What pricetag is considered "normal" for PAL and NTSC Premiums? Any recommendations where to buy a console online?

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. Can any 360 be chipped/hacked? I heard that there are multiple DVD drive/motherboard revisions. Are there any I should avoid if I plan to "hack" xbox later?

2. Is full regionfree supported using chips/firmware hacks?

3. Can games be burnt on standard DVDs/dual layer DVDs with any DVD burner?

4. How do I avoid RRoD? Is getting a premium with HDMI sticker sufficient?

5. Will I have any trouble using NTSC console in Europe? Will XBL still work as expected?

6. What pricetag is considered "normal" for PAL and NTSC Premiums? Any recommendations where to buy a console online?

1. Only Samsung and Hitachi drives can be hacked. The newer BenQ drives cannot. Reference pic

2. Region locking is dependant on the actual game. Some are locked, others can be used worldwide. Check the xbox-sky compatibilty list.

3. No. Check the burner/media guide at xbox-scene

4. Newer consoles have been redesigned to deal with the overheating problem. I'm unsure if these newer consoles still use the hackable dvd drives or the newer BenQ ones (maybe someone could clear this up?)

5. Unsure.

6. Google Froogle
smile.gif

unr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, that really helps.
What it boils down to is that I can get an old xbox360 that can be modded, but risks getting affected by RRoD, or somehow get a new one and risk not being able to mod it.
...Damn.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PGR4 is being upped to newsgroups right now and it should be complete in under 2hrs
woopvz3.gif

Code:
Project_Gotham_Racing_4_XBOX360-CCCLX

Anyone else looking forward to this as much as I am?

unr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple of days ago I finally bought a 360. And I must say I`m impressed.
Microsoft definitely went the right way with it. It is worth getting solely for xbox live.
Past two days I was downloading game demos and enjoying what they have to offer. And they offer quite a lot.
I even set-up audio/video streaming from my linux box and it works flawlessly.

Is it possible to change xbox live account`s location? I thought I would save some money by registering as US local (dollar is cheap), however it backfired and now I am unable to download some content (NTSC demos or any videos).
(EDIT: Turns out it is not possible your country. Only way out is to register a new live account.)

Also is it worth investing into a cooling system? I heard some rumors that external FANs use a lot of energy and lower xbox`s performance.

If anybody is planning to purchase a wireless adapter, play-asia has them cheap: clicky
Use coupon DE-ALT-AKB and save 10$ (expires 23 August).
You get an original 360 wireless adapter for 69.90 USD + shipping.
That`s cheaper than ebay.
wink2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Youtubebox +1