"Official Xbox Podcast" to stream on February 15th, 2024

GGJ4slBaQAAVIfk.jpeg

Xbox has announced on their official social media accounts the date for their upcoming "Official Xbox Podcast", which was mentioned last week to be scheduled for this week, with rumours running rampant about Xbox's upcoming business changes.

The podcast will stream on February 15th, 2024 at 12PM PT / 3PM ET and 8PM GMT, and will feature Phil Spencer, Sarah Bond and Matt Booty talking about updated and changes in regards to Xbox business decisions going forward.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is so strange. Why a podcast? If they're simply pulling out of the console market, they could just make it a press release. If they're doing something more than that, surely they'd do more than a podcast? I'm interested to see what they discuss on thursday...

Reactions: Marc_LFD

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Rumours of no more exclusivity is a good thing I think, from the gamer's point of view; however, if they do quit the console making scene, then it means sony and nintendo will be contending with less competition in the future, and that's not necessarily a good thing.

Last edited by hiroakihsu,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Let's hope the rumor that's going around that Xbox quiting (making) consoles isn't true, even if it makes sense for them in alot of ways, but we'll see.
Even if they are going to stop making consoles after this generation, they won't make any definitive statements about it right now. Just vague reassurances for the current Xbox owners.

Rumours of no more exclusivity is a good thing I think, from the gamer's point of view; however, if they do quit the console making scene, then it means sony and nintendo will be contending with less competition in the future, and that's not necessarily a good thing.
Not really less competition considering their current hardware options are glorified Game Pass machines. They'll still be competing for your money on the software side, but their hardware isn't pushing Sony to make their consoles any more powerful, and obviously Nintendo doesn't care about keeping pace in that regard. For that matter, Xbox is worse about the proprietary storage this generation than Playstation which allows any m.2 SSD that meets speed requirements.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree that it's good for gamers, but at the same time it's disappointing there's no exclusives so it just means you can just get the rival console and get its console-exclusives instead. Obviously, I'm referring to PlayStation, no one else.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I agree that it's good for gamers, but at the same time it's disappointing there's no exclusives so it just means you can just get the rival console and get its console-exclusives instead. Obviously, I'm referring to PlayStation, no one else.
PC is clearly gonna be the best value proposition moving forward, Xbox games are already day one releases and it won't surprise me if Playstation shifts to the same strategy soon, given the success of Helldivers 2 as a simultaneous launch. Worst case scenario for Nintendo is you have to wait a couple years for the Switch 2 emulator. Not even price or technical knowledge are truly hurdles any more with systems like Steam Deck and Ally on the market.

Reactions: Axido and Marc_LFD

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Let's hope the rumor that's going around that Xbox quiting (making) consoles isn't true, even if it makes sense for them in alot of ways, but we'll see.
The Original Xbox will live on as the true best console that I wish would still be supported.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Truth is they're going to stop making consoles because they've run out of name ideas. Apparently "X Series Box Series Box Box X" didn't do favourably in market research.
Hire me Microsoft. I'll call it the Xbox 361.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hire me Microsoft. I'll call it the Xbox 361.
Xbox 720 and 1080 were right fucking there for the taking. They were no doubt concerned that people might think it corresponded to 720p and 1080p, but it wouldn't have been an issue with skateboard/BMX branding and launch titles.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Truth is they're going to stop making consoles because they've run out of name ideas. Apparently "X Series Box Series Box Box X" didn't do favourably in market research.
1) Xbox
2) Xbox 360
3) Xbox One
4) Xbox Series X/S

So the next one could be "Xbox 5" and it'd be fine because none of the names make any sense, and "Xbox 5" would at least make some sense at least. 😆

Anyway, talking about stop making consoles that might well happen in the near future. PS6 / Xbox 5 could be the last true consoles and then it'll be only streaming as that's where it's heading.

That guy makes very valid points even if people don't like to admit it.

Reactions: Blythe93 and Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...