"Official Xbox Podcast" to stream on February 15th, 2024

GGJ4slBaQAAVIfk.jpeg

Xbox has announced on their official social media accounts the date for their upcoming "Official Xbox Podcast", which was mentioned last week to be scheduled for this week, with rumours running rampant about Xbox's upcoming business changes.

The podcast will stream on February 15th, 2024 at 12PM PT / 3PM ET and 8PM GMT, and will feature Phil Spencer, Sarah Bond and Matt Booty talking about updated and changes in regards to Xbox business decisions going forward.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Even if they are going to stop making consoles after this generation, they won't make any definitive statements about it right now. Just vague reassurances for the current Xbox owners.

Not really less competition considering their current hardware options are glorified Game Pass machines. They'll still be competing for your money on the software side, but their hardware isn't pushing Sony to make their consoles any more powerful, and obviously Nintendo doesn't care about keeping pace in that regard. For that matter, Xbox is worse about the proprietary storage this generation than Playstation which allows any m.2 SSD that meets speed requirements.

My concern is that this might cause more problems in the future if this makes Sony feel like they can get away with anything if MS leaves the hardware business.

As a comparison, imagine if the Xbone prelaunch didn't have any competition and MS could basically get away with mandating Kinect and 24 hour DRM checks or you didn't have the 360 to buy instead of the PS3 (which as a reminder cost nearly as much as a 360 and Wii combined on launch).

Reactions: CoolMe

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tomorrow we'll know the truth!

Why? What's tomorrow?

1) Xbox
2) Xbox 360
3) Xbox One
4) Xbox Series X/S

So the next one could be "Xbox 5" and it'd be fine because none of the names make any sense, and "Xbox 5" would at least make some sense at least. 😆

More like:

1) Xbox
2) Xbox 360
3) Xbox 360 S
4) Xbox One
5) Xbox One S
6) Xbox One X
7) Xbox Series S
8) Xbox Series X
---
9) Xbox IX S (Xbox 9 S)
and
10) Xbox IX X (Xbox 9 10) :lol:

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? What's tomorrow?

More like:

1) Xbox
2) Xbox 360
3) Xbox 360 S
4) Xbox One
5) Xbox One S
6) Xbox One X
7) Xbox Series S
8) Xbox Series X
---
9) Xbox IX S (Xbox 9 S)
and
10) Xbox IX X (Xbox 9 10) :lol:
I know that ruins the whole "Xbox IX" but you left out Xbox 360 Elite. 😅

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know that ruins the whole "Xbox IX" but you left out Xbox 360 Elite. 😅
Also,

Xbox 360 Core
Xbox 360 Pro/Premium
Xbox 360 Arcade
Xbox 360 E
Xbox One S All-Digital Edition

But yeah. The Xbox IX X thing didn't work so well with all of those so I left them out. lol

Last edited by RedColoredStars,
  • Wow
Reactions: Marc_LFD

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
My concern is that this might cause more problems in the future if this makes Sony feel like they can get away with anything if MS leaves the hardware business.

As a comparison, imagine if the Xbone prelaunch didn't have any competition and MS could basically get away with mandating Kinect and 24 hour DRM checks or you didn't have the 360 to buy instead of the PS3 (which as a reminder cost nearly as much as a 360 and Wii combined on launch).

Exactly. If these rumors are true, expect PS Plus to double in price

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
"nobody cares about our consoles, our games and even our os, so we are announcing that we will quit everything, and put all our money on football sporting bet, England shall keep losing"

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Microsoft leaving is a bad thing for video game console competition. One less competitor is bad, plus, someone will fill the avoid. Imagine if pic below filled it...

tvLriYM.jpeg

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Microsoft leaving is a bad thing for video game console competition. One less competitor is bad, plus, someone will fill the avoid. Imagine if pic below filled it...

If Xbox gets out it's because there's no space to begin with. Stadia couldn't even get an inch.

But Xbox needs to stay, Sony already has garbage price practices, it's bound to get worse if there's absolutely 0 alternative

Also funny because it's the same day the rumored Nintendo Direct Partner Showcase is supposed to air

• Wow
Reactions: Megadriver94

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But Xbox needs to stay, Sony already has garbage price practices, it's bound to get worse if there's absolutely 0 alternative

Also funny because it's the same day the rumored Nintendo Direct Partner Showcase is supposed to air

As if Nintendo and MS have no garbage price practices.

Game Pass on Switch.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
As if Nintendo and MS have no garbage price practices.

Game Pass on Switch.
I don't remember saying otherwise, but I'd say Sony is still worse and proved it on many occasions.

Also back on topic :
I can see a portable Xbox that could do cloud, gamepass integration. Basically a Steam Deck alternative that could run better than any portable Windows PC

BlackZero500

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i really do not know anything about the rumors, but i wouldnt be suprised. The last few consoles didnt sell well. And most of the ones they sold either werent used much or just used as home entertainement center. So the Games wouldnt sell well. Why would they? They have near to none good exclusives. Most games are available for PC or the other consoles. In my Opinion since the 360 there was no Xbox worth buying. In the past i always had the newest Sony, Xbox and Nintendo Consoles. But after the 360 there just was no incentive to buy a Xbox One or Series X or something because every game i would have wanted on the Xbox maybe exept one or two of them were available for the PS4 / PS5.

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sell all my Microsoft stocks! I got an inside tip that Xbox is about to die!

1707850545733.png

...all right, jokes aside, I don't think they will outright get rid of their consoles, at least not yet. That would be an awful decision. But I still don't really see this going well for them if they go through with getting rid of physical games. Them possibly going multi-platform is good for us, but there's a chance it could backfire as well given they won't have any exclusives for their consoles anymore, and the exclusives are what sells them... usually.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Counter-argument is that the opposite hasn't proven true. PS5 outselling Xbox Series 2:1 hasn't stopped Microsoft from using proprietary storage and dropping physical games. Reason being that Xbox is a relatively small part of Microsoft's overall business operations and revenue. The reverse is true for Sony, with Playstation largely carrying the rest of the company. They don't have any reason to jeopardize that, especially when you consider they'll still be operating from fourth place behind mobile, PC, and Nintendo.

Reactions: HellGhast

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...