One permanent age

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many of you prefer under 18 or at 18. More immature and less responsible as I noticed. I understand that 18 is preference. But for me, I am fine with my age today as I was in teenager. The reason: The older more wise and more experience and take good care of healthy. I have seen some people who are very older and didn't become very wise, abuse the health and less experience.

Anyway, I am very happy with my age today as when I was in teenager. Hey, it is just a number. Only you have to do is take care of your healthy and you will be fine. I am VERY happy with my age. Very excited toward my older age every year as long as my good physical and good healthy going because I dont abused my body at all since I was teenager. I dont smoke and I love to drink the beers and wine but in moderate for healthy. And not drunk and abused at all. Yeah, I m not going to reveal my age. Now, I am a good father, good uncle, good grandfather, and good man. Good boy as I was and still good man today. I respect my body greater and cherish my body. EXERCISE, eat RIGHT, and being POSITIVE ATTITUDE and get away from stress, drama, nosy, and problem. Yeah, I am VERY VERY happy with my age today as I was before. No difference. :)

Last edited by spotanjo3,

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting question. Anyone choosing an age under 18 isn't thinking it through, or maybe is still under 18 so that's just the range they can choose. In the 1st season of the show Altered Carbon, in a future world where humans can migrate their minds into any body (shell) they choose if they have the dollars for it, the richest man on Earth chooses to use his approx. 50 year old body because you don't get the proper respect of others until reaching/looking that age. Being 54, I can relate to that. But knowing the physical deterioration that comes with this age too, fuck getting respected. But for a balance between those considerations, I'll go with ... about 32.

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's an interesting prompt. I'm 19 and I always know my best is ahead of me. I know for sure that I want to be a dad and have a family, but if I had to stick at an age, I wouldn't want to go so far forward that my QoL is greatly deteriorated as far as things like health go. Maybe mid thirties, early forties? If I had a choice to choose one age to stay at, I definitely wouldn't take it. I think the human life span is pretty excellently paced.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
When I turned 30, for a strange but welcome twist of fate I stopped growing and aging, a magic that has continued for another 10 years until now, years punctuated by various dramas and tragedies.
Incredible to say, but nowadays, thanks to workout, meditation, kung fu, jogging I'm fitter than ever, certainly better than 20 years ago.
And I try to accept with serenity and light-heartedness what fate has in store for me, trying to lighten and burn off my past karma.
:D

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I look forward to it. I have nothing to fear after death and everything you gain. I have no reason to sit and worry at any time in my life.
Definitely some good words. I wonder if you'll actually put them into practice...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting question. Anyone choosing an age under 18 isn't thinking it through, or maybe is still under 18 so that's just the range they can choose. In the 1st season of the show Altered Carbon, in a future world where humans can migrate their minds into any body (shell) they choose if they have the dollars for it, the richest man on Earth chooses to use his approx. 50 year old body because you don't get the proper respect of others until reaching/looking that age. Being 54, I can relate to that. But knowing the physical deterioration that comes with this age too, fuck getting respected. But for a balance between those considerations, I'll go with ... about 32.

Certainly a thing to ponder, however given the genetic, cybernetic and general medical enhancements available (if half of what his wife had done, or the main character's sleeve had done, or that fighting couple) I am not sure that counts.

It might also be cultural; go parts of the middle east and it is the one with a beard/moustache that gets the attention of the crowd as it were.

If I was going to do films then interview with a vampire would probably be a more interesting example, or perhaps The Picture of Dorian Gray.

Many of you prefer under 18 or at 18. More immature and less responsible as I noticed. I understand that 18 is preference. But for me, I am fine with my age today as I was in teenager. The reason: The older more wise and more experience and take good care of healthy. I have seen some people who are very older and didn't become very wise, abuse the health and less experience.

Anyway, I am very happy with my age today as when I was in teenager. Hey, it is just a number. Only you have to do is take care of your healthy and you will be fine. I am VERY happy with my age. Very excited toward my older age every year as long as my good physical and good healthy going because I dont abused my body at all since I was teenager. I dont smoke and I love to drink the beers and wine but in moderate for healthy. And not drunk and abused at all. Yeah, I m not going to reveal my age. Now, I am a good father, good uncle, good grandfather, and good man. Good boy as I was and still good man today. I respect my body greater and cherish my body. EXERCISE, eat RIGHT, and being POSITIVE ATTITUDE and get away from stress, drama, nosy, and problem. Yeah, I am VERY VERY happy with my age today as I was before. No difference. :)
I am going to have to disagree with that one. Biological ageing is very much a thing, and while there are certainly plenty of teenage slobs that a 30 something super fit type would be far better than, and indeed you can do much to keep yourself healthy then the amount of effort that takes in a 30 something body... Combine that with the options an early 20s body gives you (bones hardening is a thing that continues on) then not pushing the physical age slider back if you can continue on mentally as you are seems really quite silly.
I can allow some for some personal experience; met plenty of teenage types that got fit in their 30s, or were mediocre as teenagers and then went and did something like special forces training for a while to come back radically different. That I could see picking something a bit later.
If you were however fit and healthy, hale and hearty, and whatnot as a teenager or young 20 something then from where I sit you are either going for the strength boost of being 30 or some kind of respect thing that others contemplated.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I was going to do films then interview with a vampire would probably be a more interesting example, or perhaps The Picture of Dorian Gray.

Both books 1000x better than any film adaptations. But where Oscar Wilde's written works are consistently good, Anne Rice went a bit downhill as the saga of Lestat was told. "Interview" is a masterpiece of entertaining fiction though.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
*21 (when I still had hope)
HOLY SHIT MATE!
What was your secret?
I lost hope at 15.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm only 18 at the moment. So I don't really know what the later years have in store. I want to say 21 so I can buy beer but I don't know how my 21st year will go.
What? I've been drinking beer since I was 7 lol.
By it I mean just on special occasions, say, new years eve, sometimes birthdays.
But yeah, you should try to convince your tutors or parents or whoever to get you a beer.
Trust me, the faster you get rid of such curiosity, the less it'll become an addition to you.

Genetically speaking, alcoholism is transmitted genetically. In my case, both sides of the family has had alcoholics, which means that I own both genes for it.
But I know what, how, when and with whom to drink, which is why I've been "drinking" since age 7 or so.
I never go farther than 2 beer cans, couple shots, maybe 3 glasses of wine, but no further.

*I'm not an alcoholic, but my parents taught me what and how each alcoholic beverage taste like, assuming I can identify when a beverage has been adultered by something like a drug or a pill.

I would like to encourage discipline and responsibility when drinking.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Certainly a thing to ponder, however given the genetic, cybernetic and general medical enhancements available (if half of what his wife had done, or the main character's sleeve had done, or that fighting couple) I am not sure that counts.

It might also be cultural; go parts of the middle east and it is the one with a beard/moustache that gets the attention of the crowd as it were.

I am going to have to disagree with that one. Biological ageing is very much a thing, and while there are certainly plenty of teenage slobs that a 30 something super fit type would be far better than, and indeed you can do much to keep yourself healthy then the amount of effort that takes in a 30 something body... Combine that with the options an early 20s body gives you (bones hardening is a thing that continues on) then not pushing the physical age slider back if you can continue on mentally as you are seems really quite silly.
I can allow some for some personal experience; met plenty of teenage types that got fit in their 30s, or were mediocre as teenagers and then went and did something like special forces training for a while to come back radically different. That I could see picking something a bit later.
If you were however fit and healthy, hale and hearty, and whatnot as a teenager or young 20 something then from where I sit you are either going for the strength boost of being 30 or some kind of respect thing that others contemplated.
Hm... interesting. :yay:

Last edited by JuanMena,

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm 20, so 20.
Can buy beer and tobacco, can drive, can marry, fuck it, I'm an adult and I'm still getting fitter.
Sucks that voting is mandatory for anyone above 18 here but I'm sure this republic won't last long.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: