Kishore
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently found out about this project:

https://github.com/profi200/open_agb_firm

And it caught my attention. It seems quite promising and I hope to see it get refined in the future. However, my concern is that it is a .firm file that is run from some chainloader rather than a CIA launched from the home menu. Given that this project is still in its alpha stage, do I have to worry about this potentially screwing up my 3DS rendering it unbootable or corrupting the SD card somehow? Has anyone run into any problems with this app?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently found out about this project:

https://github.com/profi200/open_agb_firm

And it caught my attention. It seems quite promising and I hope to see it get refined in the future. However, my concern is that it is a .firm file that is run from some chainloader rather than a CIA launched from the home menu. Given that this project is still in its alpha stage, do I have to worry about this potentially screwing up my 3DS rendering it unbootable or corrupting the SD card somehow? Has anyone run into any problems with this app?
It won't do any of that dude

Reactions: TheToaster

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

BETA215

Member not found
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
No homebrew firmware will have more stability than one based on Nintendo's GBA firmware. Like OPEN_AGB_FIRM.

Tbh, I've been using it since it was first published, and works wonderfully. Don't worry about it, the worst that happened me with homebrew things was that when using a Wood theme in TWiLightMenu++, some files became corrupted. As long as homebrew is legit, everything's fine (but keep track of updates/advices from the devs).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus