• Total voters

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
He has, several. There's a difference in how the general public perceives Adam Sandler and the cinephiles perceive him, because the former only pay attention to his blockbuster comedies and don't know about his other movies. It also happens with Nicolas Cage or Robert Pattinson until recently.
Adam Sandler admitted that his movies are, I quote word for word, “paid vacations” during an interview on national television. This has nothing to do with “cinephiles” and everything to do with Sandler conning the movie industry because he has a group of sycophantic fans who will literally watch anything as long as it has his name attached to it. He’s the epitome of “consume product”. A part of his “screenwriting process” literally involves him choosing a destination he’d like to visit. :lol:

Dark_Phoras

Master of Hounds
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Adam Sandler admitted that his movies are, I quote word for word, “paid vacations” during an interview on national television. This has nothing to do with “cinephiles” and everything to do with Sandler conning the movie industry because he has a group of sycophantic fans who will literally watch anything as long as it has his name attached to it. He’s the epitome of “consume product”. A part of his “screenwriting process” literally involves him choosing a destination he’d like to visit. :lol:

This has nothing to do with cinephiles? I thought this was a thread about "opinion on Adam Sandler movies". You're the one with conspiracy theories because he makes money. I'm not discussing this silliness further, if his recognised artistic merit is irrelevant to your point that he has no artistic merit.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This has nothing to do with cinephiles? I thought this was a thread about "opinion on Adam Sandler movies". You're the one with conspiracy theories because he makes money. I'm not discussing this silliness further, if his recognised artistic merit is irrelevant to your point that he has no artistic merit.
Cinephile =/= average movie-goer. Anyone can have an opinion, a cinephile would be someone who’s a subject matter expert in regards to movies. I also don’t want to discuss Adam Sandler’s artistic merit since I only like discussing things that exist. The man starred in 1-2 good films early in his career and has been coasting on the success ever since. If you have a problem with his self-professed process, you have to take it up with him.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He has, several. There's a difference in how the general public perceives Adam Sandler and the cinephiles perceive him, because the former only pay attention to his blockbuster comedies and don't know about his other movies. It also happens with Nicolas Cage or Robert Pattinson until recently.
I would love to see Nic Cage in more shit often. The guy has an unpredictable range from serious to insanity and I love it.

Also where the fuck is National Treasure 3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LZ_NvaV5HGE?si=p4H94YGObqOeX23X this brought me joy +2