The Super Mario Bros. Movie: your opinion

Did you like The Super Mario Bros. Movie?

• Total voters

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We probably see more Mario related movies first, like a DK movie, before anything else, but I hope they surprise us with a Kid Icarus movie. Other games would be fine, but I think KI is close to what they already done and would make for a fun movie. Although, I wouldn't mind a TV series either.

That said, if Nintendo does other franchises, they might not stick with the same company for all their movies.

RyRyIV

Woke Clown
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh hey late to the discussion.

I saw it on opening night. I thought it was fine. Definitely one of the movies of all time. My hot take is that I genuinely like the 1993 live action film more, and in fact I think that it's a better relic of cinematic history; rather than a safe adaptation by a highly profitable children's animation company, the 1993 film was one of the first video game adaptations, and wasn't afraid to take a big swing because of it. It's a better paced film with better characters, and didn't come out in a time where franchise films have devolved into a glorified powerpoint of actors, characters, and properties that you recognize that just wait for applause rather than telling a story.

Maybe that's being too harsh on this film, but it's just an honest opinion. At the end of the day this was fine. Over-reliant on the nostalgia trip, but plenty enjoyable for what it was. I'm glad it's making money, and glad that kids seem to love it (as expected). This will be someone's first exposure to the Mario bros, and it'll be a good one for that.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Finally seen it, was good fun. Not a masterpiece of cinema obviously, but great entertainment with lots to nerd-spot.

And then we're going home and making this out of Play-Doh (or a generic equivalent) because it's adorable and I love it:

wmjDGQs.png
Did you do this?

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took the kids and left mom to enjoy a quiet Mother’s Day. Kids liked it, escpecially the Easter eggs. It was great to hunt. My kid saw Kid Icarus and asked if that was a real game. Yep, I showed her that game. The youngest has been humming the Mario songs all the next day. It was a bit odd to see how Meatloaf Bowser was though. Also, where was Rosalina and Daisy?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could have gone without the last 10 minutes though, there was no need for that.

They should have just defeated Bowser in Mushroom Kingdom, get sucked back into the warp pipe, and still be hailed as heroes for saving Brooklyn from the flood.
My thoughts exactly, was totally unnecessary.. my guess they wanted to do that in order to get a closure on that "Mario being a failure in his father's eyes", so they made Mario "save" Brooklyn while they're watching..

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
I finish watch The Super Mario Bros. Movie and it's really good movie. I don't buy movie but I already know where movie is leaked on internet is very easy to get it. I trust scene name is SLOT don't have malware. It's pretty good movie. Only negative is short time like 1 hour is not enough. But high recommend for kids and teens. But I feel that movie is not finished and will be another The Super Mario Movie 2 come in near future. Not know when.

News report that many people download The Super Mario Bros. Movie from internet for too rush and get hit by malware. That's why young people never read where it's come from and don't have scene name. Young people are act like kids and teens are not mature enough are damage their computers get hit very hard from malware. They learn their big mistake lessons due to malware. Wow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1