• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

opinions on teaching about lgbtq+ in school

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Acid_Snake

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You misunderstood. I'm saying that the people that don't want gay people to marry under the law, like straight people, are trying to law them out of existence.
Yes but that is clearly unconstitutional, just like using the Bible to come up with laws, I am a Christian and totally against that. I chose to be a Christian personally, but not everyone is, so why should laws be made out of the Bible, specially when the Constitution clearly separates state from religion? Makes no sense, specially in the 21st century.

We shouldn't need these laws to protect gay people, but clearly we do, since there are so many hateful people that don't care about other people, let alone the constitution.
And this is the issue, not being constitutional when making laws. The problem is that if one side does it, then you can bet your ass the other side will do it too, just on different matters.

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how would you define a male?
A human being with XY chromosomal biology. If healthy and born without birth defects, capable of producing sperm and impregnating a woman. Denser bone structure and musculature, and lower overall fat content.

Outer genital indicators being a penis and a scrotum containing two testicles. No breasts capable of lactation. Higher percentage of body hair, higher testosterone. Less nurturing, higher lung stamina as compared to women (based on the size of the lungs), a larger body than most women.

Gender roles including providing for a family, offering protection and security. Less emotional and not as good at nurturing. More tendencies to lose control of emotions and to engage in combat with other humans.

I hope that covers both anatomy and sociology. At least, on my part. Women are COMPLETELY different creatures. And there is cross-over, but this is answering your question in broad strokes. With no equivocation.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Acid_Snake

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It's because you're an illegal who abused rights you didn't deserve.
I was a literal REFUGEE and there are LAWS in the US that protect me.

Even then, the other kids that werent refugees still didnt get deported, which goes against the narrative you were trying to push at the time that Republicans are racist and deport people on mass.

Which now that I think of it, you just literally said the same thing Republicans and right-wingers say when they want to deport people; "they are illegal and abusing laws".
What happened to "no human is illegal" Mister Progressive?

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A human being with XY chromosomal biology. If healthy and born without birth defects, capable of producing sperm and impregnating a woman. Denser bone structure and musculature, and lower overall fat content.

Outer genital indicators being a penis and a scrotum containing two testicles. Higher percentage of body hair, higher testosterone. Less nurturing, higher lung stamina as compared to women (based on the size of the lungs), a larger body than most women.

Gender roles including providing for a family, offering protection and security. Less emotional and not as good at nurturing. More tendencies to lose control of emotions and to engage in combat with other humans.

I hope that covers both anatomy and sociology. At least, on my part. Women are COMPLETELY different creatures. And there is cross-over, but this is answering your question in broad strokes. With no equivocation.
so is it not manly for me to shave my body hair or like-
Post automatically merged:

Outer genital indicators being a penis and a scrotum containing two testicles. No breasts capable of lactation. Higher percentage of body hair, higher testosterone. Less nurturing, higher lung stamina as compared to women (based on the size of the lungs), a larger body than most women.

and is it a bad thing for men to be emotional?

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What happened to "no human is illegal" Mister Progressive?
I wouldn't be caught dead saying something like that, as it would be against my entire interests.
I was a literal REFUGEE and there are LAWS in the US that protect me.

Even then, the other kids that werent refugees still didnt get deported, which goes against the narrative you were trying to push at the time that Republicans are racist and deport people on mass.
The ineptitude of the local authority doesn't exhonerate nor justify their behaviour. You abused a loophole, do you want a medal?

Also FYI: if you were really a refugee (doubtful) then you were there legally. It's your fault for being incapable of explaning yourself, since you were caught up in your own victimhood syndrome to gain symphathy. If that's the case, the only reason you weren't deported was because they couldn't. Not because they loved you or respected you.

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so is it not manly for me to shave my body hair or like-
What you do with your hair when it's there is up to you. I manscape. I shave my chest. It's just a preference.

Males even get more NOSE and EAR hair than women. This isn't sexist. It's just science. I would definitely pluck my ears and hair if I were growing a bush up there, whether I was male or female. Most hair not on the head is pretty gross, to me.

My BODY, though, will continue to grow more and coarser hair than most women on the planet, due to my male genetics.

It's your choice if you want to shave. Has nothing to do with your masculinity. Your body is still going to grow hair, and more of it, in more places, than almost any woman ever can.

We're not talking about whether being emotional is good or bad. You asked me to define "male", and I did.

I feel as if I did a more thorough job than just saying "Anyone who identifies as male", without defining the term in the first place.

I will ask again. Can YOU define "male" for me, without using the word "male"? Circular logic doesn't work very well.

Last edited by WalterSlovotsky,
  • Haha

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What you do with your hair when it's there is up to you. I manscape. I shave my chest. It's just a preference.

My BODY, though, will continue to grow more and coarser hair than most women on the planet, due to my male genetics.

It's your choice if you want to shave. Has nothing to do with your masculinity. Your body is still going to grow hair, and more of it, in more places, than almost any woman ever can.
A word salad which means absolutely nothing.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

hormone therapy, and alot of other stuff can help ftm trans people as they transition to a male

• Haha
Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hormone therapy, and alot of other stuff can help ftm trans people as they transition to a male
Not going to change your bone structure. It's not going to change where your body stores fat, or how much it metabolizes.

It's definitely not a catch-all. It mostly affects how much hair grows on your face and chest, and specific identifiable features about the face.

And it's still a facsimile. Absolutely unnatural.

I state again; I am perfectly cool with anyone doing anything that makes them happy. Just don't try to FORCE me to agree with you, or to play along with you. I don't have to agree with you to be friends.

• Haha

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not going to change your bone structure. It's not going to change where your body stores fat, or how much it metabolizes.

It's definitely not a catch-all. It mostly affects how much hair grows on your face and chest, and specific identifiable features about the face.

And it's still a facsimile. Absolutely unnatural.

I state again; I am perfectly cool with anyone doing anything that makes them happy. Just don't try to FORCE me to agree with you, or to play along with you. I don't have to agree with you to be friends.
im just saying, trans women are women and trans men are men. End of story, try to put yourself in their position, try to imagine how they would feel if they were experiencing transphobia

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I never realised how ludicrous your avatar is, bulldogs are an inbred, exceedingly delicate and lazy breed suspectible to falling like the wind, a perfect metaphor for Brexit britain. But at least real bulldogs are cute.
Post automatically merged:

why are you saying "WHAT?" like you didnt just say you fingered someone when you were 10.
"He" probably lost count of "his" lies

• Haha
Reactions: KingVamp

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im just saying, trans women are women and trans men are men. End of story, try to put yourself in their position, try to imagine how they would feel if they were experiencing transphobia
And I am saying, trans women are men, and trans men are women. End of story. It isn't about putting myself in the position of someone experiencing their own fantasy that conflicts with reality.

There is no "phobia" here. I am not unreasonably fearful of a man who thinks he is a woman. I simply do not agree that he can ever BE a woman. And that's perfectly okay. Accept that not everyone agrees with you.

It's your own issue if you care that much what other people THINK. I can THINK whatever I want, just like you.

It becomes your issue if someone tries to harm you, or deny you your personal liberty to pursue happiness. You do NOT get to dictate to me or anyone else that we MUST agree that Dylan Mulvaney is a woman, simply because he THINKS he is (when he still has a functioning penis and testicles).

It's pretty simple. Got cock? Then you're a dude. Not a woman.

Cheers.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Exactly. Guy is in his mid 50s and has a gross reputation for being a bigoted MAGA, and here he is BRAGGING about a sex act with someone not even a preteen yet.

Admins really ought to forward this to authorities. Dude needs to be on the sex offender registry.

But again, the drag queens reading at libraries
She was older than me at the time, you spazzy mong!

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already gave more detail - https://gbatemp.net/threads/opinions-on-teaching-about-lgbtq-in-school.640034/page-20#post-10251653

and I was very language deprived child in 1995 and didn't know how to make a communication until 1998. My English skill was bad until I went college to take remedial English course and English 101.

My elementary school's deaf program was super garbage and lousy education that left me very behind, so I went to deaf school for 7th grade and was able to catch up with big help from my great teacher. They had sex education for 7th to 12th grade that lasted for one week and they didn't cover on LGBT nor transgenders at that time. My deaf school ended weeklong sex education and switched to one day based event in 2001 due to series of funding cut in Alabama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1