• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

opinions on teaching about lgbtq+ in school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So some states have banned even talking about certain topics or using certain words, but i think we should teach young kids that its ok to be who they want, they should be able to safely express how they feel without being in danger. Some say its grooming kids, but how is it, its just educating them about how some people are different. Its natural. Im 15, im bisexual, its who i am.
_119088308_pride3.jpg

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean you are 15. You are like a freshmen or sophomore in high school.
what does my age have to do with anything?
Post automatically merged:

That's not what he meant. The point is, is that its a very sensitive topic to cover.
ah, yeah, i just thiink that schools should at least acknowledge that its okay to be who you want

Reactions: pustal

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So some states have banned even talking about certain topics or using certain words, but i think we should teach young kids that its ok to be who they want, they should be able to safely express how they feel without being in danger.
I feel like it should be something to teach kids when they grow older to be much more mature and knowing that its a very important and sensitive topic to cover. Like, we got taught about sex education when we was about 10 or 11.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Lbgtq+ is not a "natural" expression. Like "male" and "female, it is also a social construction formulated as a counter-culture against what's perceived as the status-quo.

If you want people to feel safe, you would encourage them to educate you about themselves. Instructing them "differently" on the matter is just a another form of brainwashing.

Gay and straight are also relatively modern terms, and I only see building on such foundations as digging ourselves further into a hole.

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like it should be something to teach kids when they grow up to be more mature and knowing that its a very important topic to cover. Like, we got taught about sex education when we was about 10 or 11.
well yeah, i didnt mean like ultra young, but i feel like it should be discussed at some point, i dont know what the best age for that would be though

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are underage for one, I mean they don't even teach you sex education in freshmen.
i had sex ed last year

But I think what should be banned is forcing kids at a young age to be female or another gender that they didn't want to be at birth. Let them have their own choices.
i dont think anyone is forcing anyone but idk

Reactions: pustal

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i dont think anyone is doing that but idk
I've seen on TikTok that parents are brainwashing kids to have different gender norms. Its very disgusting behaviour. :(

Reactions: OM3GAZX and tabzer

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen on TikTok that parents are brainwashing kids to have different gender norms.
ah, people like that give the lgbtq a bad rep. It sucks -w-

Lbgtq+ is not a "natural" expression. Like "male" and "female, it is also a social construction formulated as a counter-culture against what's perceived as the status-quo.

If you want people to feel safe, you would encourage them to educate you about themselves. Instructing them "differently" on the matter is just a another form of brainwashing.

Gay and straight are also relatively modern terms, and I only see building on such foundations as digging ourselves further into a hole.
did you read my post and comments lol

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now imagine this, you was born as a male a birth. Your parents decide that you don't look right, so they manipulate you and forced you to become a girl for the rest of your life. Dressing you up in girl clothes and made you act as female. Then as you grow older, would you think that your parents were right about this?

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now imagine this, you was born as a male a birth, but then your parents brainwashed you and forced you to become a girl. Dresses you up in girl clothes and made you act as female. Then as you grow older, would you think that your parents were right about this?
i mean no, but its a very very small fraction of people doing that, but sadly it happens, im not sure what the tabzer guy is trying to say btw

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's my opinion about teaching LGBTQ+ in school and how it relates to teaching young kid that it's ok to be who they want. Is there something you agree with or disagree with?

i mean no, but its a very very small fraction of people doing that, but sadly it happens, im not sure what the tabzer guy is trying to say btw
Then say that instead of fronting. If you are "trying to fake it until you make it" it contradicts the sentiment of the op and I am not interested.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's my opinion about teaching LGBTQ+ in school and how it relates to teaching young kid that it's ok to be who they want. Is there something you agree with or disagree with?
are you saying that teaching teens/kids that being yourself is ok is brainwashing? im a bit lost here.

• Sad
Reactions: SylverReZ

Bunjolio

the prettiest girl ever
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Teaching" kids to be themselves is a contradiction. It's something you let them do and learn from.

teaching as in letting them know its okay to feel different, despite what others might say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44