Original NDS Flashcard preference

Thejax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got an original “phat” model nds from a local store for pretty cheap, it’s working alright for everything so far.

I already had an EZ-flash Omega for the gba slot, and was going to grab a DS flashcard as well to slap roms on so I don’t go bankrupt from two Pokémon games.

On Amazon I found a ace3ds* card for 14$, and an 2021 Golden R4 for 17$

Been doing plenty of research into both types for a few days now, and wondered if in 2022 there is any real big reason to not save the 3$ on the ace, and not worry about timebombs

BETA215

Member not found
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
r4isdhc.hk, r4isdhc.com.cn, red PCB flashcart without label, XXX-in-1 carts, they're all the same cart with a different name. Just get any of 'em, the cheapest one. They're the best carts being sold currently (even if it isn't amazingly great, but it is what it is).

Thejax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r4isdhc.hk, r4isdhc.com.cn, red PCB flashcart without label, XXX-in-1 carts, they're all the same cart with a different name. Just get any of 'em, the cheapest one. They're the best carts being sold currently (even if it isn't amazingly great, but it is what it is).

I did just assume that, just knew at the least the wood software on the ace3ds didn’t run Pokémon black apparently in like, 2015, I know it’s something different from the reviews, same exact thing but a different software download

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Been doing plenty of research into both types for a few days now, and wondered if in 2022 there is any real big reason to not save the 3$ on the ace, and not worry about timebombs
In the latest version of r4 gold pro there should be no software expiration (so-called time bomb) but while both are very good in terms of compatibility, many titles that do not work or are defective with this one, work with Ace3DS+ (Wood software): to name a few Inazuma Eleven series, Lufia, Call of Duty series, Ni no Kuni patched and others.
I own both, and this last one has never let me down. 😉

Thejax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the latest version of r4 gold pro there should be no software expiration (so-called time bomb) but while both are very good in terms of compatibility, many titles that do not work or are defective with this one, work with Ace3DS+ (Wood software): to name a few Inazuma Eleven series, Lufia, Call of Duty series, Ni no Kuni patched and others.
I own both, and this last one has never let me down. 😉

Guess glad to hear that, I had already grabbed the Ace!

Reactions: Nikokaro

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
Agreeing with Technicmaster0, DSONE is the best card for a DS Phat, at least assuming you don't mind it not working on unmodded DSi/3DS consoles.

The r/flashcarts quick start guide is a good place to read for more info on what's common at the moment.

The Ace3DS+ clones are also a good option, but if you don't need DSi/3DS support and are willing to maybe need two to get a working one the DSONE clones are a good bit better.

Edit: Just saw you already got an Ace3DS+, that's still a good card but to anyone reading this in the future DSONE clones are worth considering as well.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
My main flashcard is the same Acekard 2i I've been using for over a decade. It just works.

I have a small collection of flashcards though, including a bunch of recent ones from Aliexpress. All have worked fine. I'm thinking of picking up a few of those new DSOne clones, the RTS features look nice but I have also heard bad things about reliability.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...