OTG, external HDD and exploit questions

Ferris1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can buy a T Adapter for from USB micro to micro and USB A. it depends on the Power Supply you're going to use if it Delivers enough Power for the PS Classic when you're planning on using a 2,5" drive. 3,5" drives should work fine because they got their own Power Supplies.

Your Jailbreak options are

AutoBleem vs. BleemSync vs. RetroBoot​

it depends on what you prefer.
I prefer Autobleem with it's your choice.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You can buy a T Adapter for from USB micro to micro and USB A. it depends on the Power Supply you're going to use if it Delivers enough Power for the PS Classic when you're planning on using a 2,5" drive. 3,5" drives should work fine because they got their own Power Supplies.

Your Jailbreak options are

AutoBleem vs. BleemSync vs. RetroBoot​

it depends on what you prefer.
I prefer Autobleem with it's your choice.

I don't know what's a T Adapter but I was planning to use a 2.5" 1 TB external HDD so how can I know if the PSC's power supply would deliver enough power for it and the PSC itself before buying it?

So, using a 2.5" external HDD mightn't work but using a 3.5" external HDD might?

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Ferris1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
An Adapter like this, you can get them on aliexpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...0!sea!DE!828381341&curPageLogUid=BaMiWvJSgeTc

ezgif-1-3a36197ade.jpg

Ferris1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This Adapter is useful because you need to provide power to the PS Classic.
You could also use the front USB but then one of the ports can't be used for a second Controller and it looks neater with the OTG Adapter I showed you.
Of Course you need the correct angled one, there are 2 different once and only one of this is suitable, the other one would block the HDMI Port.

I think left Bend is the correct angled one.

I recommend checking the Connector on the PS Classic and compare it to the Pictures in the Reviews, there is also mentioned above the Picture which one the specific Customer Ordered.

Last edited by Ferris1000,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This Adapter is useful because you need to provide power to the PS Classic.
You could also use the front USB but then one of the ports can't be used for a second Controller and it looks neater with the OTG Adapter I showed you.
Of Course you need the correct angled one, there are 2 different once and only one of this is suitable, the other one would block the HDMI Port.

I think left Bend is the correct angled one.

I recommend checking the Connector on the PS Classic and compare it to the Pictures in the Reviews, there is also mentioned above the Picture which one the specific Customer Ordered.

But an OTG cable may provide power to the PSC as well. I don't think I'll use a second controller, so, in this case, what should be done, use a 2.5" external HDD connected to the PSC's Micro USB port via Micro USB - USB-A OTG cable or an USB 2.0/3.0 flash drive connected to a front port?

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, if you want it to look clean and can live with having to swap SD cards or limiting yourself to the capacity of a single SD card you may prefer going a route similar to what I did... tho you COULD fit a 2.5" drive in here as well, it just wouldn't be easily removable.

PSC_SD.jpg

Full picture guide

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Honestly, if you want it to look clean and can live with having to swap SD cards or limiting yourself to the capacity of a single SD card you may prefer going a route similar to what I did... tho you COULD fit a 2.5" drive in here as well, it just wouldn't be easily removable.

View attachment 359031

Full picture guide

That's way too hard for me and I want to use an external HDD, not an SD card. Also, I thought 2.5" external HDDs had to be connected to the PSC's Micro USB port via OTG cable.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. Many, I guess. Is it possible to remove the stock games?

Do all USB 2.0 Flash Drives work and what's the average PS1 game size?

Are USB Flash Drives slower than external HDDs and do they wear faster?

Can't remove the internal 20 games, some of the are not bad to try though like Wild Arms, Final Fantasy 7, Street Fighter Puzzle, it come down to how much storage you want, I just have a 32GB usb connected to the front, games size range from like 100MB to 2GB, so it come down to how much space you need. I believe you can run like 256GB samsung fit since it is so small.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can't remove the internal 20 games, some of the are not bad to try though like Wild Arms, Final Fantasy 7, Street Fighter Puzzle, it come down to how much storage you want, I just have a 32GB usb connected to the front, games size range from like 100MB to 2GB, so it come down to how much space you need. I believe you can run like 256GB samsung fit since it is so small.

So, would it support a 256 GB 2.5" external HDD and an USB flash drive connected to the front or only the latter and doesn't it need to be USB 2.0? I guess 256 GB would be enough for me but if the PSC doesn't support USB 3.0 it would be slower copying files to it from the PC than if using an USB 3.0 device. Maybe it would take hours to copy dozens of them. I don't mind losing a front port.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, would it support a 256 GB 2.5" external HDD or USB Flash Drive with just an OTG cable, or only the latter, and if it's USB 2.0? I guess 256 GB would be enough for me but it would be slower copying files than if using a USB 3.0 device. Maybe it would take hours to copy dozens of them. I don't mind losing a controller port.

The OTG cable need to be connect to the where the power cable is connected, not through the front, the front is limited to 5V/100mA without doing limiter mod.

Last edited by Hayato213,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, how do I do that? Do I have to use another device to connect both the power cable and the OTG cable to the same port?

61maT4U8lSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

AuviPal 3-Port Micro USB OTG Hub Adapter (3 USB Ports + Power Port) for Fire Stick 4K, Playstation Classic, Raspberry Pi Zero, Sega Genesis Mini, S/NES Classic Mini and More - Black​

Something like this can be found on Amazon.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
61maT4U8lSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

AuviPal 3-Port Micro USB OTG Hub Adapter (3 USB Ports + Power Port) for Fire Stick 4K, Playstation Classic, Raspberry Pi Zero, Sega Genesis Mini, S/NES Classic Mini and More - Black​

Something like this can be found on Amazon.

Would the PSC support a 2.5" USB 3.0 1 TB external HDD if using that?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Should work.

I thought only some external HDDs/USB flash drives worked hence there's a compatibility list (and it doesn't even mention the former).
Post automatically merged:

Should work.

Are USB flash drives slower than external HDDs and do they wear faster?

What's the difference between said exploits and what about Project Eris?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I though only some external HDD/USB Flash Drives worked hence there's a compatibility list (and it doesn't even mention the former).
Post automatically merged:

Are USB Flash Drives slower than external HDDs and do they wear faster?

What's the difference between the previously mentioned jailbreak options and what about Project Iris?

The usb port on the front is usb 2.0, limited to 100mA without doing the limiter mod, there is a compatibility list for USB flash drive, hdd won't work on the front without mod I believe.

Obviously using a hdd is more beneficial due to usb thumb drive die faster, project eris allows you to run ps1 games along with RetroArch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I say "when i can" because I have some hearing problems