Hacking OTP dump from a 1.0.0-0E console

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
1.0 does not have a browser. However, if you want to get your OTP before updating, you will want to get yourself Cubic Ninja EU, download this and copy code.bin and load.bin to the root of the SD card (make sure the SD is formatted as FAT32 so the 3DS can actually read it!), scan the 1.0 QR code in-game. I believe the QR you want is the 2nd-lowest QR on this page: https://imgur.com/a/M67mE (If not, just try them all)

If you want to dump your NAND.img too (highly recommended), you should use this version of code.bin and load.bin (dump both NAND.img and OTP.bin).

Note that you will also want to dump your Xorpads, which (to my knowledge) does not have a publicly-known method to do so without updating your system. After you dump your OTP and NAND, use a cart to update to 4.x, use a DS-mode flashcart to install MSET ROP for RxTools and update the system to 9.2, then use Decrypt9 to dump your NANDFat16Xorpads and all the other Xorpads in the Decrypt9 menu.

Also note that you should not update to anything higher than 4.5, and that 4.1/4.2 are more likely to support more DS flashcarts than 4.3-4.5. Finally, keep in mind that a game card update will not give you the web browser, and this is your only (publicly-known) solution to get the xorpads from your 1.0 system.

EDIT: Special thanks to Normmatt for making the 1.0 QR dumping tools, and Plailect/d0k3 for the advice/support when I helped two other people dump with this method.

EDIT2: Actually nevermind about this being the only solution, you can dump your NAND.img with a hardmod (probably more dangerous if you don't know what you're doing), update to latest firm, downgrade NATIVE_FIRM via hardmod, downgrade to 9.2, dump xorpads, downgrade to 2.1, get the OTP, restore back to 9.2 and set up A9LH. Note that you'll still need Cubic Ninja to downgrade from 11.0.
Thanks for conclusion.
According to Plailect's Guide, 2.0.0-2's browser seems to be unable to boot 2xrsa, which is different from 2.1.0-4 & 2.2.0-4's browser.
So is there any known 2.0.0-2's Cubic Ninja solutions?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for conclusion.
According to Plailect's Guide, 2.0.0-2's browser seems to be unable to boot 2xrsa, which is different from 2.1.0-4 & 2.2.0-4's browser.
So is there any known 2.0.0-2's Cubic Ninja solutions?
I can't remember, but I think the last QR on that imgur might have been for 2.0 (The second-last one is 1.0). I can't say for certain though, sorry!

(On an unrelated note, I am in the process of dumping the .ncch titles of my hardmodded 8.1J non-XL N3DS before I ever powered it on. Feel free to PM me for those if you're interested!)

Reactions: MelonGx

retrofan_k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
1.0 does not have a browser. However, if you want to get your OTP before updating, you will want to get yourself Cubic Ninja EU, download this and copy code.bin and load.bin to the root of the SD card (make sure the SD is formatted as FAT32 so the 3DS can actually read it!), scan the 1.0 QR code in-game. I believe the QR you want is the 2nd-lowest QR on this page: https://imgur.com/a/M67mE (If not, just try them all)

Got the console today and CN keeps crashing or returning me to the Main menu after scanning the QR code. I have tried all of them and deleted the save of the CN cart too and kept trying around 8 times, yet all fail.

I have managed to dump the NAND using the 2nd link you gave using the 2nd-lowest QR on that page and noticed inconsistencies with sizes, as one was 734mb:P Best dump so far is 944mb, which is 1mb higher than what is recommended for it's type:-

Toshiba NAND:
988.807.168 bytes = 943 MB

Last edited by retrofan_k,

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plailect's guide has a link to Cubic Ninja OTP which includes a single, big, QR code to dump your OTP on 1.0 and 2.0. Does that one work for you?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the console today and CN keeps crashing or returning me to the Main menu after scanning the QR code. I have tried all of them and deleted the save of the CN cart too and kept trying around 8 times, yet all fail.

I have managed to dump the NAND using the 2nd link you gave using the 2nd-lowest QR on that page and noticed inconsistencies with sizes, as one was 734mb:P Best dump so far is 944mb, which is 1mb higher than what is recommended for it's type:-

Toshiba NAND:
Make sure that you right-click>properties to ensure the size isn't estimated

Also, I would say to keep every single dump just to be safe. .zip them if you need to compress some space on your computer/sd card.

retrofan_k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Yeah, i'll look into the nand more once I figure out why the QR is not working for the OTP

Just tried the files and the QR from here:

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update-(Cubic-Ninja-OTP)

The top screen either flashes multi-colors with debug txt and then returns me to the main menu or it will crash on a black screen once the QR is scanned, which I then have to power it off and on. I have checked the SD afterwards and no OTP is there and this is on two different SD cards formatted to FAT32 32K cluster size. Is there a user prompt for the OTP like there is for the NAND?

The console is a EU version using a original EU CN cart.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Toshiba NAND:
According to something Plailect said before, it's okay for the dump to be slightly bigger as long as it isn't smaller. But to be sure you should verify the NAND backup with Decrypt9 although it's probably fine. You won't be able to do that until you update though.

retrofan_k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Another thing I have noticed, is that when doing a system format, nothing is deleted on the SD card and no "Nintendo" folder is present on it either afterwards.

I must have tried like 20 or more times with OTP QR and it's going back to the main menu all the time after scanning the QR code (always appears that its doing something with the multi-colored flashes). I thought it may have been the SD or something, yet the code.bin for the NAND works, so wtf, is the one for the OTP keep crashing?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another thing I have noticed, is that when doing a system format, nothing is deleted on the SD card and no "Nintendo" folder is present on it either afterwards.

I must have tried like 20 or more times with OTP QR and it's going back to the main menu all the time after scanning the QR code (always appears that its doing something with the multi-colored flashes). I thought it may have been the SD or something, yet the code.bin for the NAND works, so wtf, is the one for the OTP keep crashing?
I'm not sure why it isn't working for you: It had the same result for someone else with a 1.0.0U Demo Unit, and yet it worked for someone else with a 1.0.0U Retail Unit. The OTP dumper I linked must have specifically been designed for 1.0.0U Retail, so unfortunately you'll just have to take the longer route with 2.1 2xrsa to dump the otp.bin, sorry.

In any case, the OTP isn't too important to dump from 1.0.0: As long as you have a proper NAND dump, you should be able to update to 4.x via a cart, update to 9.2 using RxTools Dev Mode -> Profi200's SysUpdater, set up an EmuNand + Backup on 9.2, dump your Xorpads, downgrade to 2.1, grab your OTP, then use SafeA9LHInstaller directly from 2.1 and flash your EmuNand backup to A9LH SysNand.

That should give you your 1.0.0E Nand.img, otp.bin, your xorpads, and the modern A9LH setup.

Last edited by CrispyYoshi,

retrofan_k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I had a feeling it may be the case that it's designed for the US release, yet there is no mention of this and since other QR codes are split into regions, it's odd how the NAND one works though.

Suppose I can go the route via 4.xx and do it that way but will need to do that when I get some free time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @AncientBois awake hide your kids