Hacking Paperclip RCM "jig"

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AutoRCM requires an already hacked switch doesn't it?
It's an easier way to enter RCM. But you have to start with a regular jig or paperclip or tinfoil or whatever. Once in RCM, you inject Hekate payload and from there you install autoRCM. Once that's done, you don't need the jig anymore. It's probably better described in the hacking guides.

Reactions: bonkmaykr

JeonDohyeon

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Used the paperclip bent like this, pressing it with one hand successfully entered me into RCM.
KakaoTalk_20220721_140503223_01.jpg
KakaoTalk_20220721_140503223.jpg

(Didn't have a cutter so used a gold-coated paperclip to ensure the loss of electric to minimum)
How to hold: Like this (This jumps the pin 9, but you still should do on pin 10)
KakaoTalk_20220721_141138464.jpg

Shame mine has patched and failed to load the exploit. (It just freezes or loads eternally)

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Around 2:22 - 5:35 explains why using tinfoil may be better (as far as controlling which pins you short) because if you get 7 by accident, I think you'll fry your Switch.

As far as 1+2, 1+10, and 9+10, you s h o u l d be s a f e, but anything can happen. Again, using tinfoil, you can (very painstakingly) fold the foil until it just covers whichever pins you feel comfortable with.

Drasnae

Trophies
XP
Country
Malawi
Just bend my future modkit. It is kinda tricky to get it to hit the right pins, but with a flashlight you can take a look inside and fit the clip in perfectly.

For everyone using metric system:
View attachment 121499 View attachment 121500 View attachment 121501

The dent is a tight fit to be big enough to hold it's place, but not too big to fit at all... Try to make it exactly 2mm, a little more than on my picture and it will be perfect
how is everyone doing on this first try? I put bent my paperclip the exact right way, it was touching pins 1 and 10, my switch is unpatched and I triple-checked. wtf am I doing wrong? It just keeps booting up like normal.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Last edited by impeeza,
Reactions: SylverReZ

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
how is everyone doing on this first try? I put bent my paperclip the exact right way, it was touching pins 1 and 10, my switch is unpatched and I triple-checked. wtf am I doing wrong? It just keeps booting up like normal.
Yep, everyone should get a jig. It is just that much more safe.

At the same time anyone that thinks before shoving a paperclip into the rail can make a proper paper clip jig.
If it goes in smooth and easy it puts just the right amount of tension on the pads. My posted DIY jig still goes strong.

Still. If you can, buy/print a proper jig (even if they are absurdly priced some times).
Or maybe someone in your area can land you one.

Have you checked that yours actually shorts the required pins? Do you press the volume button, too?

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by SylverReZ,
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
What's the SATA cable mod about?
Look next
I guess you will need a sata cable (hence the name) which you can destroy to slide it into the rail. Maybe it fits perfectly into the rail?
Yep
That is
Never knew that there was such a thing. Looking at the thread, the instructions look although promising, is extremely risky to perform and could risk damaging your Switch if improperly done; I would much rather buy a real jig.
Any "hand made" thing touching the rail's contacts is risky, that's why a jig will be better ever, because they are build on molds and with appropriate metal tips.

the Sata Cable is the less risky because the tips of the sata are almost identical at the originals on the joy-cons.

but let be sincere, a 0.5 USD jig or a 15 USD injector (which include a jig) will pay it self.

Installing a internal injector is better but need your soldering skill.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's cheaper to do like me, a ON\OFF switch inside the joy-con and never have to remove the joy-cons from the console, 0 wear to the rail which is already a loose crap from factory day 1...

I really wish SteamDeck 2 if they make one would be more like the Switch but with a proper full size joysticks and unlike Switch a damn TIGHT locking mechanism that doesn't feel like it's coming off from the hand:whip:

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't NEVER EVER use this
Wait, what are you saying? I'm confused if you're joking or this is a peccadillo.
I also don't know which method you were specifically mentioning.
I can tell you from my experience, early jigs are starting to rust and it can strip the paint on Switch, leading to more rust.
It's cheaper to do like me,
Nah. Tinfoil is the cheapest and easiest, because you can always make another foiljig.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol