Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
I understand what you are trying to say here, but consider this:

If you need to buy a new TV, do you go to your small, local store ( if there is still any ), or to a big,fat Best-Buy mega-store with hundreds of models on display, even though you only need to buy one ?
Or if you want ice-cream, don't you like to go to those places with dozens of different flavors, instead of your basic chocolate, vanilla strawberry ?

The key word here is variety.
You won't have to buy every frigging game out there, but it's surely nice to have plenty of choices.
Also if you go to a video-games store, by simply looking at the shelf's space dedicated to each system, don't you think that the biggest, most crowded one sends a healthy signal to a potential buyer ?
That's all about it there is.

I understand where you are getting at. And you are partly right. But when i buy a new TV i look for ONE thing, and ONE thing only: Which TV has the best picture for the priceclass I can afford.
I dont care about smart TV, internet and all that other shit. I want a nice, clean picture at a low price. And that's it. As for icecream, I ALWAYS go to my icecream guy of my trust. He has not the biggest set of flavours, but i know that what i get is fantastic - same for pizza btw.

Sure, variety is a good thing but too much variety is just confusing to the point where you're no longer sure what to get. I am in no way defending Nintendo, i have said time and time again that the 350 price point is too steep, that they need 3rd party support and that they should have spaced their games MUCH better, but still, i dont have the need for a gazillion of games - not when i know EXACTLY what I want - a selected list of GOOD games I enjoy playing. Thats why I got a PS3 and a Wii and thats why I got a Wii U - all games i want for the next two years are boundt o be released on those systems - throw in my 3DS for goodmeasure ad I am happy :)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My main question is:

HOW MANY GAMES CAN YOU ACTUALLY PLAY?

I don't have time to spend all day playing gazillion games.

Depends. I do not consider I have had to finish a story, 100% it or something similar to have got my fair shake out of a game. By similar token I can afford to be truly dismissive of games if they are doing things that do not please me and that only leaves more free time for more games.

Granted I have not actually played games in some time but that was a model that worked when I did.

not YOU playing more games. I know I couldn't, I am sure your day has 24 hours just like mine and you are probably just as busy with real life as I am - that is if you ever moved out of mommy's basement and GOT a real life of course...

People have tried to sell me on this "getting a life" stuff before and it does not seem like a good gig.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Patcher says something dumb about Nintendo, what a shock.
Seriously can't we just make a Patcher says thread, put all his stupid shit there and call it a day? Making a thread every time the twit opens his month is just feeding into him and only encouraging him.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patcher says something dumb about Nintendo, what a shock.
Seriously can't we just make a Patcher says thread, put all his stupid shit there and call it a day? Making a thread every time the twit opens his month is just feeding into him and only encouraging him.

This is GBATemp, to expect something like that to happen is like expecting IGN to have coherent comments :rofl2:

If I make fun of Nintendo can I get my own dedicated thread?

Oh! Can I join?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We considered it and kind of have it for politicians without a clue on the matter, or indeed any matter that does not push somewhere towards fantasy 1950's America.

The trouble is Mr Pachter is not in the position of spouting unmitigated bollocks at all points in life. Indeed a lot of what he says is probably worth paying attention to if you are involved with or considering investing in game related industries. Certainly there is a reason we have not syndicated a feed of his but I tell you what point me at a broad selection of things he has said and I will show you a good line in logic behind it and/or how history would demonstrate him as being correct in most of those instances and just to save us the hassle Nintendo were a bad investment to make in 2007 ( http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Nintendo_(NTDOY) ).

Reactions: gamefan5

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...